Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Let me think :shock:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:54 am

Fear Street: 1994. The first of a linked Netflix trilogy of teen horror movies. A bunch of teens living in "the psycho capital of the world" discover their town's gruesome history is down to the curse of a vengeful witch - and now they're on her hit list. This 2020 teen horror flick was waaaay better than I was expecting or had any right to be. It's set in the 90s, and definitely has the feel of a late 90s teen horror flick, but I was just surprised by how engaging it was. Interesting story, likeable characters, good pacing and even some cute lesbians. What more can any man ask for for an evening's entertainment? :lol:
I just hope the other two are as good. *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:01 am

Scream. It's not that long since I watched this - January 2020 in fact - but for some reason I was just in the exact right mood and went for it, and I'm glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it all over again, even more than the most recent time. Great scary fun. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:39 am

Ian wrote:Scream... Great scary fun.

One of these days I'll have to stop denying myself the pleasure of seeing it. :oops: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am

Rogue. An American tourist finds himself in a battle for survival against an enormous killer crocodile when a trip to the Australian outback goes very, very wrong. Michael Vartan and Radha Mitchell star in this mid 2000s horror thriller that's pretty solid and entertaining. Not sure what the moral is, mind. "Don't come to Australia," perhaps? :P :lol: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Ian wrote:Rogue. An American tourist finds himself in a battle for survival against an enormous killer crocodile when a trip to the Australian outback goes very, very wrong. Michael Vartan and Radha Mitchell star in this mid 2000s horror thriller that's pretty solid and entertaining.

Not sure what the moral is, mind. "Don't come to Australia," perhaps? :P :lol: :lol:

or "American go home" :lol:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:44 pm

In Europe, the Germans are the ones who always die in the cinema and in Australia it must be the Americans. :T
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:38 pm

It is not a continuation of the trilogy, it is like a reboot.
Something new although the rest is the same.
I expected more and a real ending. :cry:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:27 am

Tremors. A perennial classic. *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:01 pm

I don't usually like US movies, Di Caprio I do not like how he expresses himself and acts, but I liked this one a lot and the ending too.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:14 am

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. A school trip by boat takes off from Crystal Lake to New York, with a rather unwanted stowaway - Jason Vorhees! The 8th in the venerable horror franchise gets a lot of stick due to the title being a bit of a cheek, with the film only getting to NY past the hour mark - "Jason Takes A Cruise" would probably be more accurate - but for all that I rather like it. It's pretty well made and acted, and the stuff on the ship as it goes out of control and floods in a storm, with the characters also having to deal with Jason on the rampage, is pretty atmospheric and entertaining. It amused me for its run time anyway! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:09 pm

Gott, Du Kannst Ein Arsch Sein

It reminds me a bit of "A walk to remember" and "Fucking Åmål":

"You must to live life now and start to be happy right now without thinking that you will live many years.
Happiness is more important than living many years. "
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:25 am

Bloody Birthday. Useful Facts You Learn From Horror Films, No #24131: If a child is born during a solar eclipse, they are probably going to be a murderous psychopath. That's the case in this early 80s slasher horror, also an entry in the relatively rare "killer kids" subgenre, where a fluke of birth seems to be the only motive three unrelated little brats have for going psycho around their birthday and launching a killing spree targeting schoolmates, teachers, relatives and anyone else they happen to come across. It's an entertaining and occasionally creepy bit of schlock, with some (intentionally?) funny moments. I lolled at the quick cuts from the little girl offing another family member to her fake sobbing at the latest funeral. :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:38 am

The Zero Boys. A bunch of paintballers and their girlies trek off into the country, only to become the prey of sicko serial killers. This mid 80s horror with Kelli Maroney (the younger sister from the wonderful Night of the Comet) throws in a bit of an 80s action feel to it with the paintballers having real guns and knowing how to use them, making the situation a bit more of an equal fight than is the norm. This was a lot of fun, though I thought the ending a tad abrupt.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:44 am

Ian wrote:...A bunch of paintballers and their girlies trek off into the country...

Might as well been wearing huge targets on their shirts. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment