Last Film You Watched

Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Ian » Mon May 30, 2022 10:08 am

Hereditary. An already grieving family is shattered by another tragic loss, but even darker and more nefarious forces seem to be swirling around them. Despite the hype I hadn't seen this before as it didn't really look like my cup of tea and I half-suspected it would be a bit of a borefest like The Babadook. Well, blow me down, this was actually pretty darn good. The first half hour is a bit slow and I was wondering if it was ever going to start getting scary, but then... well let's just say it escalates quickly. Pleasently surprised.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:32 am

Ready Or Not. A young bride is not expecting to have to play a game with her new in-laws on her wedding night - let alone one where the goal is to kill her. This 2019 comedy horror is still engagingly fresh, funny and gory and seems likely to become a repeat favourite. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:02 pm

I'm in the 3rd season of "The Boys".
talk about human misery even if you're a superhero.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:20 am

Assault. A schoolgirl is raped by an unknown attacker, putting the local community on high alert. When the next attack occurs, it's murder - but this time there's a witness in the form of the girl's teacher, who volunteers herself as bait to catch the killer. Frank Finlay stars in this early 70s British thriller that has elements of the Italian giallo genre to it and a fine supporting cast including Tony Beckley and Anthony Ainley! (Honestly when the cast came up I saw Beckley's name and immediatley thought "it's him!" :lol: But they point the finger at him so early and so strongly I knew it wasn't going to be. :P ) Pretty good.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:09 am

The Appointment. Edward Woodward is a middle aged family man concerned how his teen daughter will react when he tells her he can't go to a concert she's in at her school. And he should be...especially given what happened to one of her classmates. This early 80s British chiller is a very weird little movie that feels like a nightmarish little short story. There's little in the way of explanation, yet it leaves an unsettling feeling. Very odd but I rather liked it.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:01 pm

Hanna Series:
I really liked the movie. The pink girl with those eyes does it very well.
I thought the series wouldn't have the same effect on me. But I really liked it, the girl does it well enough.
Last edited by Santi on Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:03 pm

HANNA movie
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:10 pm

Well yes,
:shock: I discovered this series a few years ago now. I only see movies on the recommendation by friends.
I never watch series or movies unless a friend recommends them.
And sometimes they are old... :lol: :lol:

Joel Kinnaman, swedish actor, also made a great movie over 10 years ago that I saw a couple of years ago: Easy Money.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:15 am

Old is usually better. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:58 am

Went to the cinema today (first time in three years) since it's my birthday and saw Scream VI. It was.... okay. Ish. It wasn't as offensively awful as the last one, since at least the motive made sense and there aren't any middle aged heterosexual male legacy characters left to run down and destroy. I did guess part of the reveal, since there weren't many supporting characters with any presence to make it matter to choose from, and some sequences were very good (the fight between Gale and Ghostface in her apartment was surprisingly really good). The film however suffers again from the new core characters just being nowhere near as memorable or fun as the old ones were, with Jenna Ortega again being the only one to make any real impression (and that again more being down to the actress, and her very pretty smile :wink: ) than anything interesting about the character. These new ones just feel very generic slashers to me, with none of the spark of the Craven/Williamson ones. Passable.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 am

"Everything, Everywhere, All at Once."
Unlike any film I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6dCaacHCgs
Watch it and watch it again.

And don't forget your "hot-dog hands".

I will try to get back soon, I promise.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Well, it's the typical movie about
The person from the city who goes to the town.
They have made many films of this type, they bore so many of the same subject.
But this one has something different that has captivated me. :oops:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:27 am

City Slickers. Billy Crystal and his mates are in the midst of midlife crises when they go on a two week vacation to drive cattle as proper cowboys. But things do not go quite as planned... I haven't seen this early 90s comedy for decades - even though I've had it on Blu for years - but have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it last night. Jack Palance famously won an Oscar for his turn as the grizzled Curly but Crystal, Bruno Kirby and Daniel Stern keep it anchored as three mates trying to find meaning in their confusing lives. Great fun. They do not make comedies like this anymore.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:26 am

M3gan. A computer programmer suddenly forced to look after her nine year old niece following the death of her parents is inspired to build the ultimate toy in M3gan, a lifesize robot doll with AI that can provide companionship and guidance to children. But M3gan soon begins to develop her own ideas... This 2023 sci-fi horror is okay, but nothing more than that despite the hype. The first half is actually better than the second, with some genuinely unnerving ideas and moments as well as commentary on our obsession with and reliance on technology, but the second half just goes for cliche slasher type horror and gets a bit silly. Not bad.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 am

Do you like horror films. Dont like me much.
Santi
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment