Last Film You Watched

Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby fish » Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 am

Ian wrote:Seems to work for politicians. :P

Some of them can fake a nice line of tears when one of their candidates gets caught out in a vid groping a stripper too.

Ah yes, politics in Australia.
What would we do without it? :r :T
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Wed May 01, 2019 6:42 pm

The strippers also vote.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu May 02, 2019 5:45 am

Santi wrote:The strippers also vote.

The vid shown on the news was quite explicit and he was fairly easy to identify.
These particular strippers were in the USA when our wonderful "God Botherer" of a pollie went there to try and get funding from the NRA to help change Aussie gun laws to be more like theirs.

So now he's out on his arse and hopefully out of a job for good. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Fri May 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Australians can not be to leave home 8) :lol:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat May 04, 2019 1:20 am

They should all be locked up if they ever apply for a passport. :shock: :P

Except me of course. :Y O-) *:)* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am

Poltergeist. The Freeling family become plagued by a series of strange disturbances that start out intriguing and even amusing - until youngest daughter Carol Anne is snatched by otherwordly forces. The early 80s supernatural classic is one of my favourite films, though I haven't seen it for nearly 10 years as I think I'd been overwatching it a little. Having finally seen it again, I'm happily to say that it still stands up wonderfully and I thoroughly enjoyed it all over again. Charming, spooky, fun, well acted, beautifully scored (have any movie scores in recent times come close to the tunes we got in the 70s and 80s?), Poltergeist is magic. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 am

The Edge. Anthony Hopkins is an intellectual billionaire who finds himself in a fight for survival when his light plane crashes in the Alaskan wilderness. Surviving the harsh weather conditions and trying to get home are further complicated by a fellow survivor, a fashion photographer (Alec Baldwin) who may be planning to knock him off so he can have his much younger wife, and a (bloody terrifying) enormous murderous bear with a taste for human flesh that's got them firmly on its menu. This late 90s survival adventure/thriller is still an excellent film, with Hopkins (and Bart the Bear! :lol: ) on top form.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 am

Bart the Bear should have played the intellectual billionaire IMHO. *:)* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:06 am

Oh! Heavenly Dog. Chevy Chase is a private eye in London who gets murdered just after taking on a strange new case, but then gets send back down to Earth from Heaven to solve his own murder.... albeit in the form of a dog (Benji). Jane Seymour and Omar Sharif co-star in this thoroughly bizarre yet entertaining early 80s comedy fantasy thriller. I'd never seen this before, and I had no idea what the plot was, so when the above 'twist' happened, I was like "Oh boy"... but I stuck with it, and ended up thoroughly enjoying it anyway. Great fun. :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm watching Korean action and war movies for years. Every day they are better.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:38 am

Witness for the Prosecution. A somewhat ailing but still wily old barrister (Ralph Richardson) goes against his doctor's wishes to take on a new case involving a young man (Beau Bridges) accused of murdering a wealthy older widow for her money. This early 80s adaptation of the Agatha Christie play has a truly fantastic cast of British character actors including Michael Gough, Donald Pleasance, Diana Rigg, Peter Sallis and Richard Vernon, and is hugely enjoyable as a result. I have a very vague sense I may have seen this before, as the ending rang a vague bell, but it must be 30 years and I really couldn't remember it. A lot of fun. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:27 am

Annabelle Comes Home. Judy Warren's babysitter's best friend foolishly breaks into her parents' locked room of supernatural objects, and even more stupidly takes the notorious Annabelle out of her protected case. Well, that wasn't very bright now was it? The latest in the Conjuring movieverse has nice performances from the young actresses, and of course a nice period vibe, but basically no plot and a tone more reminiscent of the Goosebumps movie than the original films. This isn't terrible or anything, but this stuff is not even remotely close to being scary anymore. 
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 am

Ian wrote:...foolishly breaks into her parents' locked room of supernatural objects...

I hate it when they do that. :twisted: *:|* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:21 am

Crawl. When a devastating hurricane hits their Florida neighbourhood, a young woman and her father find themselves trapped in their home by rising floodwaters - and some very angry and very hungry alligators that have come with them! Kaya Scoladerio (Or Effy from Skins, if you prefer) stars in this fairly mediocre monster movie that I ultimately found very underwhelming and uninvolving, despite a promising premise. Oh well, ho hum. 
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:57 am

Ian wrote:...Oh well, ho hum. 

Kaya Scods.
Yummy. :)P *:)*

And it's a movie you say? :T :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext