Last Film You Watched

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ian » Tue May 19, 2009 2:30 am

From the YouTube copy, do you mean? It looked pretty bad to me (the picture quality, I mean) so I was going to wait for the dvd (which is STILL up as "Not Available At The Moment" on their website. Jeez, louise, people, you want people to buy your dvds, it might be an idea to RELEASE THE BUGGERS! :roll: ). And it got wiped off my computer when I lost XP a couple of weeks back. Worth redownloading for the picture quality, do you think?

And yes, yes she is. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue May 19, 2009 4:26 am

codyw1 wrote:From the YouTube copy, do you mean? It looked pretty bad to me (the picture quality, I mean) so I was going to wait for the dvd (which is STILL up as "Not Available At The Moment" on their website. Jeez, louise, people, you want people to buy your dvds, it might be an idea to RELEASE THE BUGGERS! :roll: ). And it got wiped off my computer when I lost XP a couple of weeks back. Worth redownloading for the picture quality, do you think?

And yes, yes she is. :D

I Downloaded Sherdil from the Caravan Films website rather than U-tube, five clips in all. The quality is probably not that much different, but when viewed on a larger screen it is really very good, (apart from the aformentioned blip). I would still buy the dvd if they ever got around to releasing it again though.

I guess I didn't expect too much of a disagreement over my last point. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby mpox » Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 am

Lost & Delirious - I'd seen part of it before, but didn't see the beginning so missed the context for what happened and that turns out to have been kind of important. The ending was kind of bad, not what happened, you could see that coming and they certainly ladled on enough foreshadowing, but everyone just standing around looking at the bird (obviously meant to symbolize Paulie, but also obviously not her) with no real reaction while Mischa Barton's character rambled on was a pretty poorly executed thing. It reminds me of The Ledge by The Replacements, except instead of emotional catharsis at the end you get like a Hannah Montanna song.

Piper Perabo was amazing though. She needs a new agent and I need to see if she's acted in anything else interesting.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue May 19, 2009 10:37 am

I must admit I liked Lost & Delirious, despite the ending, but I think Piper Perabo pretty much carried the film. I honestly cried for her in the last half of it. :cry:

She has been in quite a lot of films. I first saw her in the Rocky & Bullwinkle Movie a heap of years ago, not the deepest most meaningful film but fun. Piper was great, and she was amazingly cute. That would be a good place to start if you haven't seen it already. I also thought she was very good in Imagine Me And You.

She has a number of fansites which give plenty of info about her. There's also imdb or Wikipedia which carry a list of all her films.

I compliment you on your taste MPOX, Piper is certainly worth following. ^O^
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am

fish wrote:I Downloaded Sherdil from the Caravan Films website rather than U-tube, five clips in all. The quality is probably not that much different, but when viewed on a larger screen it is really very good, (apart from the aformentioned blip). I would still buy the dvd if they ever got around to releasing it again though.

I guess I didn't expect too much of a disagreement over my last point. :lol:

I didn't know you could download it from their site. How long did it take?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 am

codyw1 wrote:I didn't know you could download it from their site. How long did it take?

I don't recall exactly, that was quite some time ago now, but it wouldn't have taken any longer than, say, a comparable U-tube clip. The hardest part as I recall was getting to it in their site as their stupid menu kept acting up.
Apparently I lied, there seems to be 6 clips not 5. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 am

When I got up this morning I had a browse through the movie channels and saw that [REC] was showing on World Movies. Apparently it started at about 5:30am so I was too late to see much of it. Lots of blood and gore in the few minutes I did see but I decided not to spoil the ending, instead I'll try to watch or record it next time it's on. That should be in the next few days.

Anyway, I then started to watch Four Last Songs. A film I've seen a number of times and really like. It takes place on an island I presume is in the Mediterranean near Spain. Stanley Tucci plays a pianist running a small tourist hotel with his girlfriend. Jenna Malone plays his unknown daughter who arrives to meet him for the first time. The music is light classical and jazz, the acting is exceptional, the storyline is very good, but most of all is the development of the characters. This is how it should be done. Highly recommended viewing. ^O^
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed May 20, 2009 2:31 am

Not seen it (or heard of it, even). Jena Malone is pretty cute, though. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby mpox » Wed May 20, 2009 2:41 am

fish wrote:I must admit I liked Lost & Delirious, despite the ending, but I think Piper Perabo pretty much carried the film. I honestly cried for her in the last half of it. :cry:

Yeah, the beginning is cute but Perabo definitely is the reason to see the movie.

She has been in quite a lot of films. I first saw her in the Rocky & Bullwinkle Movie a heap of years ago, not the deepest most meaningful film but fun. Piper was great, and she was amazingly cute. That would be a good place to start if you haven't seen it already. I also thought she was very good in Imagine Me And You.

Well, the Rocky & Bullwinkle, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Cheaper By The Dozen sort of films were the ones I was saying she should get a new agent over. Surely there are less talented but attractive actresses who could play those sort of roles and she can do something with some meat on it.

I'll check out Imagine You and Me, thanks.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 am

mpox wrote:Well, the Rocky & Bullwinkle, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Cheaper By The Dozen sort of films were the ones I was saying she should get a new agent over. Surely there are less talented but attractive actresses who could play those sort of roles and she can do something with some meat on it.

I'll check out Imagine You and Me, thanks.

I have to confess I used to wear a "Bullwinkle" T-shirt back before I had even heard of Piper, so I guess I'm a bit biased towards the R&BMovie. :oops:

And I think it's called Imagine Me and You, (rather than You and Me, my mistake in the original post). If you type in IMAY into U-tubes search engine I'm sure there will be some clips. Worth the effort.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed May 20, 2009 3:44 am

codyw1 wrote:Not seen it (or heard of it, even). Jena Malone is pretty cute, though. :wink:

You should track it down if you can find it. Worth the effort. :Y
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby mpox » Fri May 22, 2009 4:21 am

fish wrote:I have to confess I used to wear a "Bullwinkle" T-shirt back before I had even heard of Piper, so I guess I'm a bit biased towards the R&BMovie. :oops:

Not knocking your taste in movies, we just all have our own preferences. :)

And I think it's called Imagine Me and You, (rather than You and Me, my mistake in the original post). If you type in IMAY into U-tubes search engine I'm sure there will be some clips. Worth the effort.

Ah, you had it right in your first post by I transposed them, lol.

So... Imagine Me & You - a movie that takes it's name from the song which later plays a role in the film. This was a typically British romantic comedy in that all the characters were generally likable. In a way that might seem a little unfortunate since Hec is such a nice guy but it also let's the film achieve a bit of reality - they get across that this genuinely is a difficult matter for her and you can see the strain in her relationship with the husband she really does care about as her attraction towards Luce continues to grow. So the plot is decent if a bit trite and most of the secondary ones are fluff, but the real reason to see the movie is the actresses playing the lead roles. They both do an excellent job and the chemistry between the two is great. From reading a bit I guess the two leads are friends IRL so maybe that's why, but there's no wondering what brought the two together in this film.

Here's a short film she was in in case anybody wants to get an idea of who she is and doesn't know:

http://scienceandfilm.org/films.php?film_id=191
mpox
Gold Member

Postby fish » Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 am

mpox wrote:Here's a short film she was in in case anybody wants to get an idea of who she is and doesn't know:

http://scienceandfilm.org/films.php?film_id=191

What a sweet little film, very sympatheticaly enacted. Prosopagnosia must be a very distressing condition, not just for the person afflicted but for all those around them.

Having said all that, Piper is still a very attractive woman with a lot of talent. I do take your point though, it would be nice to see her in some better more fulfilling roles. :Y
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun May 24, 2009 11:01 pm

quick Catch up as I'v been busy with other things.

Hope you do get to catch [REC} sometime when youre in that mood. :twisted:

I really must get myself organised and download Sherdil etc and other works referenced. I do watch all your mini-videos (or whatever the tech term is :? ) on Youtube.

Problem is I'm basically near broke. Had to laugh at you all bragging about your hardware setups. My PC is so old it runs on kerosene. My video player is steam driven, I have to keep shovelling coal in through the loader flap. I have to watch DVD's through my laptop on which the internet connection is broke.

Foreign films DVDs cost too much. pants. :evil: Jarthingy is in at HMV but still marked up at 8quid. They have a good deal on ''Cracker" which I agree is superbamundo 8) the complete box set. I may have to get a job working there to take advantage of *coughs* ''staff discount" :oops:

I live in the wrong country :(

Nevermind! :lol:

I did attend the location shooting for the Dr Who :?: ''Shakespeare" episode a few years back (shot in the mediaeval quarter of Coventry) and I'm told (by unreliable sources) that on the box set version I appear on a camera still in the extras section. I'm not that big a fan myself.

Today I managed to wrangle a compilation CD from a charity shop (I'm a ''good cause'' ! :P ) which has ''I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner on it. The music from the car back seat snogscene in FA/SML. Yay! :D
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon May 25, 2009 1:26 am

Saw Lake Placid again last night. Mm, yeah... okay, I guess. Think I've probably seen it enough times now, though.
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment