Last Film You Watched

Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:40 pm

I sometimes discover very old movies and series for the first time. I think it must be that I'm getting old. :?

Yesterday I discovered "Resurrection of 2013". I loved it. :)P
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:33 am

I love horror movies. Good ones, obviously. :P :P

I love discovering old films and TV I've never seen before too. Found a lot of 70s stuff in particular in the last decade. Prefer them to the newer ones to be honest. :W
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:20 am

Force 10 From Navarone. Robert Shaw and Harrison Ford lead a stellar cast including Edward Fox, Barbara Bach, Richard Kiel and Carl Weathers in this 70s WWII pic based on the Alistair McLean novel. Ploddingly paced in a sleepy Sunday Matinee movie kind of way but watchable thanks to the great cast.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:28 am

Saw Return of the Jedi the other day. First time I've seen this in 20 years (first time in 18 years I've watched ANY SW film lol). Nostalgic fun.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:58 pm

Ian wrote:Saw Return of the Jedi the other day. First time I've seen this in 20 years (first time in 18 years I've watched ANY SW film lol). Nostalgic fun.

WOW,
I am a SW GEEK. I've seen all the movies hundreds of times. I tried to make the STORMTRROOPER costume LOTS TIME,............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:27 am

:lol:
I was into it as a kid but it never really lasted for me. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:06 am

Coming to America. Eddie Murphy is an African Prince who balks at an arranged marriage and heads to the US in search of true love. Arsenio Hall and James Earl Jones co-star in this fun late 80s comedy. I've seen it before, but a long time ago and it was never one of the regular rotation of favourites from that time, but I did really enjoy it. God I love 80s movies.
On a side rant, this was second choice for the evening after I made the cardinal error of deciding to finally give Ghostbusters: Afterlife a chance. I laughed more in 20 minutes of the above than 45 minutes of this. In fact by the half hour mark I was like "These people do know Ghostbusters was a comedy, right?" What I saw more resembled a supernatural teen drama with a side-order of depressing than anything resembling the original films and after 45 minutes I just couldn't take it anymore and watched the above instead.
God I love 80s movies. God modern media is so lame. :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:48 am

Times Square. Two teenage girls - one painfully repressed and introverted, the other aggressive and extroverted to the nth degree - escape from a psychiatric hospital and go on the razz in New York City, much to the delight of a shit-stirring radio DJ (Tim Curry) who turns them into cult figures and folk heroes. This 1980 drama is an enjoyable watch, bouyed by both the incredible sense of time and place (it still feels very 70s) and strong performances from the leads, one of whom I was somewhat bamboozled to find was a very young Trini Alvarado. I've never seen her in anything pre-The Frighteners before, and had no idea she'd been around this long! Nothing spectacular but very entertaining nonetheless. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:40 pm

Ian wrote:Times Square. Two teenage girls.....D

I find it very interesting. I'll look at it, thank you very much.
It's a story similar to FA, between 2 very different girls. *:)*
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:47 am

I wondered if anyone on here would catch onto it. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:50 am

But, This pair of girls end up accidentally touching each other? :wink:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:59 am

I think you may be disappointed on that score. :roll: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:14 pm

I don't know, love has many forms.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 am

Well they definitely have a very strong bond. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:47 am

Saw Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One at the cinema today. It was... okay. There were some great sequences - the extended car chase was probably the highlight - and it was fun to have Kittridge back from the first one but the story wasn't that compelling, I was pretty pissed off by one story development and bugger me it's looooooooooooooooooooooooooong. There comes a point where you're like "Okay, I'm ready for this to end now. I'd like to pee, and my dog at home would probably like to as well". Overall not bad - a major win for modern cinema - and maybe I'll like it more second time watched at home (I did Fallout... maybe I'm just over going to the cinema, I dunno) but the first film and Rogue Nation are still my favourites of the series.
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment