Water Lilies

Moderator: Ian

Re: Water Lilies

Postby DMt. » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:16 pm

gkmoberg1 wrote:Hey! I thought my lurking was very well done. Apparently not, seeing as how you suspected my lurkiness, or whatever.

More sort of deduced, or possibly just hoped, actually, Mobes. :lol:

Good to read you anyway, there's too much of this lurkiness [lurkinicity? :? ] going on around here. Thousands of views for this and l'Acquart Glorieuse's threads, and only a few regular posters? We may be obsessive, but not quite THAT obsessive... :W

Message to all other lurkers from Floriane; Viens en l'eau, tu verras mieux ["Come in the water, you'll see better"]

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

I have GOT to stop reading shitty YT comments. It's bad news letting these vicious morons into your head.

But there's a horrible fascination too, like a car crash.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 am

Another decent review by a humane being;

http://www.film-forward.com/history/waterlil.html
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 am

Celine Sciamma mentions in a French interview that she chopped lots of comedic scenes for the sake of the film's tempo; I really hope they've been conserved, and may be released at some point as Deleted Scenes or whatever.

The bits of comedy she left in are essential, that water-spitting bit always makes me laugh, as does the swimsuit over the jeans.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 am

DMt. wrote:Another decent review by a humane being;

A humane human no less.
What will they think of next. :P :lol:

Be nice to see all that extra stuff in a "director's cut", non?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 am

I understand the car crash thing, Dave, but you really should avoid these trolls. It's the main reason I gave Who fandom the push about a year or so ago; my mental health has been SO much better as a result of not contaminating myself with the opinions of poisonous nutcases. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:37 am

...of whom there would appear to be large numbers. :shock:

Or is it just the old adage, 'it doesn't take much shit to stink the whole place up'...?

il Pesce wrote:Be nice to see all that extra stuff in a "director's cut", non?

Certainly would, we'll just have to hope folks are on the case.
Who would it fall to as a job, I wonder, if such a thing were mooted? Celine S and the editor? The production company?
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 am

That's definitely driven by the production company based on the distributors' sales figures.
There has to be money up for grabs or re-releases and directors' cuts just never happen. *:|*

Go on you bitch. Do it. :P :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Horrible cruelty.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 pm

1,175,732... curve flattening towards the peak? average 776 views per hour since last check
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 pm

A spirited defense by Lagoonietunes [and several other posters] :lol: :lol: :lol:

"By saying you couldn't tell what the movie was about, I've concluded that you either can't read (the subtitles) English or you're just flat out retarded. Were you held back 5 grades? You're not being smart or a hard ass by saying "omg they're whores and this is about nothing", you just look like a fucking dumb ass. I take it back. You ARE a fucking dumb ass."
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 am

1,204,207 at 2:30pm S.A. time.
Not even 30,000 in the last 7½ hours. :( :P

That comment you showed may be a little too subtle for some of those fkrs. :evil: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 am

YouTube comments threads are precisely why the aliens haven't landed yet. :shock: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 am

Pretty good view count for little known film. Youtube coments should be banned and th dislike button too cause it just leads to stupidty aka Trolls.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 pm

You have to be careful with banning in general, though, it quickly gets out of hand... :?

1,238,550 views at end of 9th week - not at all bad, as you say.
DMt.
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment