Tillsammans/Together

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby clara » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:43 pm

Hey Syd,

I bought 'Tilsammans' the other day - I thought it was good, but I'm still devoted to Fucking Amal.....

What did you think of it? And how are you doing? It seems a long time since we last spoke......

take care,
Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:57 pm

clara wrote: I bought 'Tilsammans' the other day - I thought it was good, but I'm still devoted to Fucking Amal.....

What did you think of it? And how are you doing? It seems a long time since we last spoke......

Hi Clara,

I am doing really fine, thanks. Yes, it seems like a long time. We should chat sometime. :)

Tillsammans is of course one big masterpiece. But it is really hard to outnumber the debut of Lukas moodysson's first "long" movie Fucking Åmål. Tillsammans is a very happy but at the same time dramatic story about life in a seventies commune. Some dialogues where so funny, that I laughed myself sick the first time I saw it. On the other hand it is a very realistic story. I was born in 1972. So, I did not experience the seventies that well. But I alway thought that communes lived in real harmony. Tillsammans looks at the problems in these communes. Although all persons are "left" minded, they are sometimes very different at the same time. The real good thing about Tillsammans is that every character in this movie has it's own story to tell. The movie is dramatic deep but it is flavoured with great humor. B)

I am glad you liked it.

Did you see Lilja 4-Ever (UK title: Lilya 4-ever) yet? This movie is sooooooo totally different then the other two of Lukas Moodysson. This movie goes right through you!!!! :(

Oh well speak to you soon, :)
Last edited by sydney on Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby clara » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:59 pm

Hello Syd,

We should chat sometime. :)

Yes, it seems ages since we last had a chat........let me know when is suitable for you and Sty and I'll try to be there! :)

Tilsammans is of course one big masterpiece

Yes, I thought it was really funny. I thought it made an interesting point about the fact that before the conventional sister and her kids came to stay, the commune were always bickering about things such as who is doing the washing up: Erik said that "Washing up is bourgeouis" - that's a good quote to use to get out of washing up, if ever I heard one,! :lol: But it actually took the arrival of the conventional family to show the commune how to enjoy themselves (eventually). And the characters are so true to life, I think. I was born in the 70s too, so I have no experience of living in a commune. But I think that some or most of us have come across people who have certain ideals and will not compromise them, such as Erik, and people like Goran, who are idealistic but also conventional at the same time.

Did you see Lilya 4-Ever yet?

Alas, no, unfortunately. I went to buy it, but the shop had sold out. So I bought Tilsammans and Run Lola Run in a 2 dvds for £20 deal. I loved Run Lola Run too. I thought it was a very exciting film which also made me think about the nature of destiny and chance, and how just by delaying doing something for just a few minutes can change your fate/destiny. I loved the soundtrack too. :)

Take care,
Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:50 pm

Yes, it seems ages since we last had a chat........let me know when is suitable for you and Sty and I'll try to be there!

O.k. I will set a date for the next chat session. I am looking forward to it. :)

But I think that some or most of us have come across people who have certain ideals and will not compromise them, such as Erik, and people like Goran, who are idealistic but also conventional at the same time.

The characters Erik and Goran show that people within a commune can be very different. Erik was indeed very strong in his believes, whereas Goran had some opinions of his own, but these where easily set aside when other people in the commune wanted him to. The sudden outburst at the end was not a surprise. It is very natural for people who are very helpfull and therefore sometimes misused. The outbursts come as things already happened and are incontrollable. I really felt sorry for Goran and the way he was treated by his girlfriend.

I loved Run Lola Run too.

Yep, it is a great movie. If you like this movie, I really suggest <a href='http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0203632/' target='_blank'>Princess and the Warrior, The</a> of the same director as "Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run)".
Last edited by sydney on Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby styvisor » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:28 am

Clara,

If you want to buy Lilya 4-Ever the best place to get it from would be from <a href='http://www.play.com' target='_blank'>Play.com</a> and only costs £14.99 :D

I think in the last month, instead of buying Chritsmas presents,I spent about £150 on DVD's from Play :angry: Oh well, money comes, money goes ;)

I too enjoyed Tilsammans/Together and enjoyed the bit when Goran realised how badly he was being treated by his girlfriend and went mental on her and kicked her out of the house.... :o

I'll think I'll wait to buy Run Lola Run sometime in the New Year

Anyway take care ;)

Sty
Last edited by styvisor on Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby clara » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:49 pm

Hello Sty,

I think in the last month, instead of buying Christmas presents, I spent about £150 on DVD's from Play :angry: Oh well, money comes, money goes ;)

Yeah, tell me about it! I keep seeing all these foreign language dvds that I want, so I just keep buying them, and thinking "Oh well, I earnt the money....". That's my justification, anyway! ;) I'll have a look on Play.com, cheers.

Take care and speak to you on Saturday...

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Return to Anything else