Jason Bourne

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Jason Bourne

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:02 pm

I'm a big fan of the Bourne movies, which I find really well-made and gripping

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Re: Jason Bourne

Postby snaps » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

He really has filled out well from a rather geeky looking start. There's hope for the guys on this site :lol: That said I thought his performance in the ''Talented Mr Ripley'' was blisteringly good. :Y Forget your standard pretty boys like Jude Law, this guy exudes pent-up raw edginess which is far more sexy than DiCkaprio wholesomeness. You wouldn't feel comfortable in his company but that is the whole point. F*ck I have my Elin and Agnes dolls for that. This guy rocks.:Y Errrr ... if only I could remember what you're supposed to do with them for the other 23 hours and 59 minutes of a day. :evil: :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 am

Scrubs up OK I guess, for a bloke. :x

(aside: Reminder to remake the Theodore Trottner doll to look like Mat Damon. And to buy new supply of pins. :twisted: )

Didn't mind the Bourne movies. Good story and characters. Well told IMHO.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 am

Not a fan myself. I thought the first one was okay, but I lost interest when they killed off Franka Potente's character early in the second. I just thought that was a stupid thing to do. *:|*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:17 pm

What I like about these films is that Bourne is a tragic figure, pretty much a broken man

That Marie (Franka Potente) died was very sad as well

This isn't some James Bond superhero stuff, even if there's lots of action and fighting too

I like the gritty realism and the European locations in these films, and the music by John Powell, as well as Moby's main theme is awesome

As you probably know they were going to make a fourth film with director Paul Greengrass, who did the last two but now he's apparently left the production

I think maybe a trilogy was enough, but still it will of course be interesting if a fourth film emerges

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm looking forward to The Bourne Legacy premiering soon.

It's not a new Jason Bourne film, but a sort of side story featuring another Treadstone agent.

Matt Damon isn't in this new film, only his character Bourne is apparently mentioned frequently.

Judging from trailers it seems the film has the typical Bourne atmosphere and action though, so I think it could be interesting.

Maybe the new action scenes sometimes look a bit over the top though, we'll see.

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Return to Anything else