Missing members

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Missing members

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Too bad that some people, who still posted about six months or a year ago on this board, seem to have disappeared

I'm thinking about kant1781, mpox, eiger, and a few others

kant logged in recently, but he's not posting any longer
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Re: Missing members

Postby snaps » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:24 pm

It would be good if some of the people who have caught the film recently or have been in stage productions of FA/ SML (like in Switzerland and Germany) would call by just to say hello. I know when I was acting in amdram I absolutely researched the part I was playing, and it's so easy with the internet these days. Just a few stalwarts keeping this going with the patronage of oeb to thank. Maybe the Scandinavian approach to celebrity really is encapsulated in the immortal words ''I want to be alone''?

In the English speaking world if your cat crapped on the lawn of someone vaguely famous you have your own website, agent, manager, PR consultant, fan club, celebrity appearances opening supermarkets, and ''candid autobiography'' book deal and residency on ''Big Brother'' sorted out before the crap is dry even.

I'd hate to see the FA/SML mystique go down the same road. Even so, it would be nice to have some input from the progenitors. I can understand why they don't. Seven years ago I was one of the early adherents to the yahoo fansite of the UK TV ''mentalist'' Derren Brown. The site founder literally ''sold out'' and closed the site and the fanforum got incorporated into the DB website. Eventually though even Derren closed the fanforum, as it was being hit on by the ''Derren I love you and want to have your babies'' crowd of twats.

At least as most of the people here are either understandably testosteronally driven or else bi/ lesbisk I think that Bex and Alex have little to fear from anyone of THAT persuasion.

I wonder how many of the people applauding at the QX gig ever have visited here? To put it into context, how many of them would say have taken the time to see a foreign language film like ''Water Lilies'' and dropped by at the WL site to offer their appreciation?
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 am

I pmed Dave (Kant) yesterday to tell him about the reunion photo/thread. Don't know if he's seen it. :?:

I can understand why people drop off. It's a relatively small subject matter to base a forum around, and with Rebecka having effectively disappeared as well (at least until this month :wink: ) I can see why people might think they've nothing more to say. We keep on, of course, but then, we're nuts. :lol:

There's a WL site? :?: :shock:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 pm

So you were talking 'bout me then, eh? 8) :wink: It's really nice to know that one's disappearance doesn't go unnoticed. I didn't plan or make a decision to drop off, I just had an awful lot of work to do last year and simply forgot to log on for some weeks. But Ian is right. Whenever I thought about coming back I couldn't duck the "Why?" question. It is true. I am not here in order to report my dreams or events in my family life, or to discuss music, or whatever. The sole reason I am here is to have exchanges about Fucking Åmål, and its makers, and their related projects, with other addicts. I've been doing this for five years, and I do not think there's anything I haven't had my say about. I felt that I could only repeat myself. Also, I have had my share of hunting for pictures and clips on the net long ago, and I am a bit tired of it. I felt I had nothing more to contribute, so while the disappearance just happened, at a certain point, the decision to stay away was intentional. I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for Ian's PM. Meanwhile, I have been busy catching up, and it was great fun. I can't say if I'll stay forever, but for now it feels good to be back in the game! *:)*
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:04 pm

kant1781 wrote: ..... I am not here in order to report my dreams or events in my family life, or to discuss music, or whatever.

I am. All three.

Perhaps if you took time out to consider the modern Jungian perspective on FA/SML you might see a connection?

Just in terms of the Myers-Briggs development of Jungian personality types, FA/SML has so much to offer. Moodysson is not a psychologist but in Elin and Agnes, he created the classic (if slightly unrealistic, but that is called ‘dramatic licence’) interface between completely opposite poles. Like magnets they attract, though not without friction.

Elin, typically ''ESFP" profile. Agnes , typically ''INTJ" profile. e.g. Elin : Extrovert, Sensory (concrete, evidence-seeking), Feeling, Perceptive. Agnes: Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judgmental.

This is the kind of ''mismatch'' which makes for short-term ''roller-coaster'' relationship, but long-term consolidation. It is the psychological premise for the project I have been working on for the past year, ''Landet Som Icke Är" which pre-supposes that this is a relationship built to last.

As for music, you need to consider, what would have been the musical influences on the pair over the years AFTER FA/SML? That is ‘Open Season’ for anyone to interpret. My own soundtrack to their lives has them attending the MUSE live concert at Wembley Stadium in June 2007 (The same month 'Naissance des Pieuvres' was being filmed in Cergy-Pontoise). On the "HAARP' combination, If you buy the combined CD/DVDs (a bargain at 5 quid from HMV!) you will see Agnes and Elin outthere in the audience. For my money, for Agnes it would be ‘Invincible’ immediately followed in the set by ‘Starlight ’ which would be Elin’s choice of theme song for their relationship.

MMM 'k

Here's the lyrics for what thy are worth:

"Invincible"

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Don't be afraid
What your mind conceives
You should make a stand
Stand up for what you believe
And tonight
We can truly say
Together we're invincible

During the struggle
They will pull us down
But please, please
Let's use this chance
To turn things around
And tonight
We can truly say

Do it on your own
It makes no difference to me
What you leave behind
What you choose to be
And whatever they say
Your souls unbreakable

During the struggle
They will pull us down
But please, please
Let's use this chance
To turn things around
And tonight
We can truly say

During the struggle
They will pull us down
Please, please
Let's use this chance
To turn things around
And tonight
We can truly say

"Starlight"

Far away
This ship is taking me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

Starlight
I will be chasing the starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

But I'll never let you go
If you promised not to fade away
Never fade away

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

Far away
This ship is taking me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

And I'll never let you go
If you promise not to fade away
Never fade away

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms
snaps
Crew Member

Postby triddy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 pm

snaps wrote:Starlight
I will be chasing the starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

Wow, that's beautiful! I can definately see it as their song.
Though I have to say that the eternal Agnes & Elin-anthem will always be Whirlwind by Broder Daniel.

"If I was a whirlwind, I could sweep her heart away"
triddy
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks triddy

VERVELVIND

This is my own tribute to Anders Göthberg

Caught out between the cob and the corn
when feeling like our life had just begun
but never knowing which way to turn.
I held you dear close to me
so Strangers in the Night
played out of the radio
we sucked the pleasure
from each other’s gums.
I flipped the channel
Whirlwind
Broder Daniel’s words
filled our hearts
and bodies
and minds.
You were the calm eye
I was the restless whirlwind.
In the vast expanse that is The World.
I stepped a dainty step over
the border between us
It is illusory.
There is no boundary between us
that cannot be overcome
can keep our love apart
clutching at our hearts.
We live in
the dry dustbowl of life
snowfields of work and hate.
And I fill it to full to the brim
with our words
and music
and love
and art.
A seed.
This is the only passport we need
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 am

snaps wrote:
kant1781 wrote: ..... I am not here in order to report my dreams or events in my family life, or to discuss music, or whatever.

I am. All three.

Me too!

I go on several forums, but this is the only one I try to post on at least once a day. Because it's OUR place, and it would be a shame to ever lose that. And I like the people. And it still provides a nice focal point for our little fandom. Certainly without it, I still wouldn't have got my hands on Manana, or even have heard about our girls' recent reunion.

Love it. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 am

Keeping on with a poetic vein....

I'm only here
for the beer. :roll:

*:)* :)P

Seriously, I like the people here.
Lots of like minds saying similar things in so many different ways.

I know there is limited subject matter but I find it very enjoyable that we can find such diverse ways to express our feelings towards two young women and the little film they were in, as well as any peripheral matter we decide is worthy.

I for one hope this forum lasts for a long time to come.Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby triddy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Actually I like the fact that it's a small subject that holds the people on here together.

It's just an interesting, and very pleasant, thought that a number of people (though not so big at the moment) have found something special in a little story about seemingly normal people in a seemingly normal world, and are determined to hold on to that feeling, whatever it is. I think that that is more valuable to have in common than what people disguss on many other forums out there.
triddy
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 am

I agree. And speaking from experience, being in a fandom where people actually LOVE the thing they're supposed to be fans of, and don't spend half their time slagging it off, is remarkably refreshing and endearing. :wink: :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

triddy wrote:Actually I like the fact that it's a small subject that holds the people on here together. It's just an interesting, and very pleasant, thought that a number of people (though not so big at the moment) have found something special in a little story about seemingly normal people in a seemingly normal world, and are determined to hold on to that feeling, whatever it is. I think that that is more valuable to have in common than what people disguss on many other forums out there.

I am in total agreement with this! :D
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 am

It's a nice thought. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Anything else