Sugar Rush!

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Sugar Rush!

Postby triddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Sugar Rush! The fantastic British TV-show aired in 2005-06!

You've probably already watched it, and maybe even discussed it on here, but who cares. I heard about this show years ago, but never dared to watch it (just like I put off watching FA for years because I was afraid of it). A few days ago, however, I changed my mind and watched the entire show (only two seasons, alas) on youtube. Don't you just LOVE the 21st century! :D

Anyway, it's awesome! It centers around Brighton resident Kim (Olivia Hallinan), 15, who has an unhealthy crush on her best friend Sugar. The first season basically deals with her Sugar obsession, but the second one lets Kim go out and date other girls as well. It's really pretty innocent, but also really honest and different from much of the crap we get in our telly.

Really cute show! What can I say, Redheads, unbearably sweet British accents and, well, girls doing each other. How could it get any better? Me like!
triddy
Gold Member

Re: Sugar Rush!

Postby snaps » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:14 am

triddy wrote:Sugar Rush! The fantastic British TV-show aired in 2005-06!

Really cute show! What can I say, Redheads, unbearably sweet British accents and, well, girls doing each other. How could it get any better? Me like!

Redheads, unbearably sweet British accents and, well, girls doing each other. How could it get any better? :oops: You've been spying on me :D :D :D *:)*

Oh triddy, hope you can get hold of the two season set of DVDs somehow. They are selling together for only about 10 - 15 quid in the UK now. Sugar Rush has been part of me for a long time since I used to live in Brighton UK round the time the story was set there. There are quite a few posts around on this site about Sugar Rush. Hope you find time to check them out :) I pointed fish in this direction a while back, and he's never been the same since :wink: :oops: :D
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 am

snaps wrote:...I pointed fish in this direction a while back, and he's never been the same since :wink: :oops: :D

True. :T :T :T :T :lol:

Sugar Rush is great.
I bought both series on DVD which is a lot better than watching on a PC.

Yummy Sugar. :)P
"Being Human" is on UKTV at the moment, with a very cute ghost. :)P

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 am

I really should take a look at this sometime.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby triddy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 pm

snaps wrote: You've been spying on me :D :D :D *:)*

:oops: knew you'd find out in the end! :oops: :D

It's kind of funny, ever since I saw this show I've had this deep desire to go to Brighton, it just seems like an awesome city! :P

snaps wrote:hope you can get hold of the two season set of DVDs somehow

Yep, that's what I'm planning! Probably won't find them here in Sweden, but I'll have a look around :D
triddy
Gold Member

Postby fish » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am

triddy wrote:
snaps wrote: You've been spying on me :D :D :D *:)*

:oops: knew you'd find out in the end! :oops: :D

We all spy on Snapsie. (Edited highlights from 2010 for sale on Ebay.) :)P :P :lol:

Good luck with the search, it's a great series. *:)* *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 am

I've ordered my copy (the snapsie one, obviously). :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Brighton is OK but rather over-rated. It's sometimes called the San Francisco of England *:)* (obviously by people who've never been to San Francisco). It's also called London-on-Sea, another reason to avoid it *:|* It used to be the gay capital of England before people in Manchester stopped wearing clogs and donned thigh-length leather boots instead :)P It it is trendy rather than twee, and can be a funspot if not a hotspot 8) Lots of students (two universities) :T , alternative and media activities, vegetarian, freebie activities down by its VERY pebbly beach, and macro-biotic ice-cream, and the UK's only elected Green Party Member of Parliament. (Agnes would love it :roll: ) It is also one of the most violent towns in the UK. Lots of smackheads and druggies. If you visit. Come armed. :evil:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby LaHaine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 am

The First Season was really good but i really hated the second season, the main character became so cocky and dislikeable that it left a bad taste in my mouth. But the first season was really good.
LaHaine

Postby fish » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:08 am

I don't know for sure but I have a feeling that the second season only came about because of the success of the first and that the writing suffered accordingly. Overall though, first season = brilliant, second = fair.

In balance I enjoyed the whole lot. :)P *:)* *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby LaHaine » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

fish wrote:I don't know for sure but I have a feeling that the second season only came about because of the success of the first and that the writing suffered accordingly. Overall though, first season = brilliant, second = fair.

In balance I enjoyed the whole lot. :)P *:)* *:)*

You could see they ran out of Ideas for the second season. The first season is really great.
LaHaine

Return to Anything else