Tattoo's

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby sydney » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:03 am

I agree... we should keep it a hidden jewel (a dutch saying). But every time I am surprised by the number of people who visit this site after Fucking Åmål has been aired in one or another country. FÅ still keeps on impressing... that is why this movie is this great. Everyone hesitates before watching the movie (probably because of the title), but I know no people who aren't positive after watching it.

It sounds odd.... but after watching FÅ, the word "fucking" is much more easier to say... hehehe :lol:
sydney

Postby *blond* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:39 am

yeh i'm suprised about all the visitors to this site too! the title made me a bit hesitant to look it up, but i did anyway. i actually found a link to this site through t.a.t.u. i was looking up some lyrics to their songs and then poof! i was wrapped up in an amazing movie before i knew it.

it's definately easier to say fucking now. "we're so fucking cool" .i love that part. i must say though, i'm upset with the subtitles on the vhs i rented, they dont really make sense. that's why i am determined to learn swedish! i've always wanted to learn a european language :wub: they sound awesome.

just a question.. is 'fucking'(the word not the action) in english the same as 'fucking' in swedish? coz if it isnt, i'll put the fucking in swedish, in my arse tattoo of course. :D
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:25 am

don't know exactly what it means and where it comes from
but it's from english, meaning quite the same...but nothing sexual but it's like cursing
like "shit amal!!!!!!!" or "goddam amal!!!" or "sodding amal!!!"

i'm trying to get the english version, it is really so bad??
i want it just for 2 scenes that were cut out of the german version ;-)
(agnes laying on her bed waiting for elin to call and then switching of the light and johan waiting for elin)

take a look at the script...to get to know that is said, (perhaps it's better then the subbed english version you got)

english is a european language!
and i red that swedish is a mix between english and german, so it should not be that hard to learn swedish as a german/english
for more funded infos surf here:
<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_languages' target='_blank'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_languages</a>
<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_%28language%29' target='_blank'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_%28language%29</a>
Last edited by darkleon on Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby *blond* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:52 am

hello. it isn't that bad, i'm just upset that they didnt put all of what they say in the subtitles. and i'll check out the script, and see how they say fucking in swedish! :D
cya later!
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby *blond* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:37 pm

tack darkleon! see i'm learning already! :D
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:33 pm

Fuck is a cool world and it's not a swear to me.It is too common..anyway I had a fucking great day yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to learn swedish too :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:11 pm

<a href='http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html' target='_blank'>The meaning of fuck</a>

or

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck' target='_blank'>Wikipedia - Fuck</a>
Last edited by styvisor on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:10 pm

its not a swedish word as well, is it?
if not, what the fuck are you talking about?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:52 pm

yeah MahaRishiSriSriX, we're only speaking oxford-english :lol: it's funny to see how you come from one topic to another ;)

My comment on that: FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!!
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:42 pm

darkleon wasn't too sure where it came from or what it really meant, so I thought I'd point him to a couple of good reference sites for him to check it out :P
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:27 pm

People people... you cannot use the word FUCK on this site.... <_<

Oh well.... Fuck it... :lol: :ph34r:
Last edited by sydney on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby *blond* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:44 am

hahaha that's fucking hilarious! i was shitting myself the whole time. ohh god.

is fuck in swedish 'knulla'? then there's fucks 'knullar' then there's fucking which could be either 'javla' or 'froken' am i right? i've been looking up dictionaries and stuff for days. i'm learning slowly. :D

i've been speaking swenglish (my mix of swedish and english) to a friend of mine, and she's getting really annoyed. coz she doesnt know what i'm saying! :D

allright i'm gona go fuck off now.
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Danu » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:35 pm

*blond* wrote:hahaha that's fucking hilarious! i was shitting myself the whole time. ohh god.

is fuck in swedish 'knulla'? then there's fucks 'knullar' then there's fucking which could be either 'javla' or 'froken' am i right? i've been looking up dictionaries and stuff for days. i'm learning slowly. :D

I've been watching the film all the times now in swedish, with the swedish script scolling all the time, what is quite a work, but it's worth doing it!

In my opinion, the word "jävla" is quite similar to the English "fucking". They use it sometimes in the film. But one time, Elin also uses the real English "fucking"! Thats when they're talking on the bridge and she says "Det är bara för att du bor i fucking Åmål"
Edit: Just remembered there is a 2nd scene: When Elin and Jessica are at home and are forbidden to go out, Elin: "Värför måste vi bo i fucking jävla kuk-Åmål!"

And the thing with knulla.... I think that's quite coloquial language, while I didn't find it in my dix, but it must be something like "to fuck" :ph34r:

Danu
Last edited by Danu on Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danu

Postby styvisor » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:42 pm

I checked out what knulla means. And it does mean fuck. They do tend to have a lot of definitons for the term fuck, depending in what contexts is used in though.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:01 am

Knulla is translated as "Fuck", but it really means fuck as in fucking someone. It cannot be used like fucking, as in Fucking Åmål. Danu said it already. Jävla (skit) is the term most similar to the meaning of fucking as in fucking Åmål.
Last edited by sydney on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else