I can't help laughing, because...

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: I can't help laughing, because...

Postby DMt. » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:27 pm

snaps wrote:It's coming on well.

Thanks, snappo! You know I particularly value your perspective on this, as one who has been there. It's nearly done, now, I think. The school scene, 'tomorrow', is going to take a bit of doing...I hope the Muse stays with me!

snaps wrote:I think we should have a fanfic crossover, Battle of the Giants: 'Camillazilla vs. Florianeraptor' :)

!!LOL d'un LOL d'un LOL!! I can see the '50's B-Movie poster, now! But I want to hold to the normalcy and believability of the original in this, it seems important for some reason [perhaps it's the idea that one of our idols might read it at some point... :shock: :lol: :shock: ] Let's do something like that, though, and soon!

snaps wrote:I must say I never took to Mama Karin. I think she's as poisonous as Camilla.

Hmmm...we don't get to see that much of her, really, to be able to conclusively say...I was going to write her hostile, like you did, but then I saw her looking at a glowing Agnes in the back seat, and thought, naah...it's been done, and done well, too.

snaps wrote:I could easily see the two of them in cahoots, doing a dodgy deal. :evil:

I could too, without much effort at all...but see above. Just because she's a bit...managing, about the party and stuff, doesn't seem as close to Agnes as Papa, and is freaked when general comes to particular about HER daughter, doesn't have to mean she's a complete-hypocrite-and-controlling-bitch. Even blood relation is no guarantee of affinity, as we all know to our cost.

snaps wrote:But it's your story :D

God, I wish it was! But I hope it's a worthy hommage.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby katka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 pm

everything runs more than idealistic yet :-) Nice :D But I think that definitely comes a turning point, if I'm not mistaken, is not it? :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Yes, Kat; they still have to go back to school 'tomorrow', no?

I'm probably more scared than they are! :shock:
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby katka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:47 pm

I have too afraid, perhaps it both can do well :-) *:)*
katka
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Fear x Fear = Joy?

Let's hope so :twisted:
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 am

Yes, I would have said, if there was going to be a scene with anyone, it would have been Agnes' mum. Elin's mum just doesn't seem the type. Especially if the lottery was on. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 am

Elin has only been back in the apartment for a moment, holding herself tightly with both arms, and wishing Agnes was doing it instead, when the phone rings. She eyes it with distaste, remembering Camilla's call earlier, and lets it ring for a long time. Then she swears, and picks it up.

"Hello?", she says, sharply, ready for the worst; but it isn't Camilla, it's Malin.

"Oh, thank God it's you", she says involuntarily, "I thought it was Camilla."

"That's kind of why I rang, Elin", says Malin, "I mean, uhh, everyone's a bit bug-eyed about this thing with you and Agnes from 9A, right, you can't be surprised about that -"

"No, I suppose not", says Elin with a sudden chilliness, "even though it's none of their fucking business."

"Easy now, sweet face", chuckles Malin kindly, "this is me, remember? Look...oh, God, where do I start? I was talking to my Mama when I got back, about Camilla, and you and Agnes -"

"Oh, great", snaps Elin, "thanks a fucking bunch."

"You'd better get used to people talking about you, after today", says Malin, only a little less kindly, "and I'm trying to help you out, here, so stop kicking off and shut up for a minute, OK?"

"OK", says Elin, "what?"

"I'm not gay, alright", says Malin, "at least I don't think so, but Mama is. She only went with my Papa, who's a man friend, because she wanted to have me. She said I could tell you this, which is none of your fucking business, and which you don't tell anyone else, right, when I told her about how Camilla was acting."

A chill goes down Elin's spine. "How was she acting, exactly?", she says.

"She walked us all around town, looking for you", says Malin, "for about three hours. She kept going on and on about you and Agnes, how awful and weird it was and blah blah blah, and if anyone tried to say well, so what, like me for example, she was right down their throat, immediately. It was a bit nuts, Elin, you know? It worried me. I know she can be a bitch, but i've never seen her like that; and when I talked to Mama about it, she said you want to watch your back. She said denial makes people crazy, and crazy people do crazy stuff."

"OK", says Elin thoughtfully, "thanks, Malin. I'm sorry I was a bit off. Were you there when she rang this evening, then?"

"Yeah", says Malin, "they were all giggling and shit, embarrassed I think, it made me sick. I went home. Anyway, look, it's late, I'm going to bed soon. I just had to speak to you first. Watch your back with Camilla, love."

"I will", says Elin, "thanks again. You're a good friend, Malin."

"We've known each other since we were babies", says Malin, "do I give a shit if you're gay, straight, bi, or from Mars? I do not."

"You're going to make me cry in a second", says Elin gently, "shut up and go to bed."

"All right. See you tomorrow."
Last edited by DMt. on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:19 am

Ian wrote:Yes, I would have said, if there was going to be a scene with anyone, it would have been Agnes' mum. Elin's mum just doesn't seem the type. Especially if the lottery was on. :wink:

Actually, snaps said something about how Birgitta walking in on them would be a good thing, I must ask her what she meant. :?

...what was that about, snaps? :lol:
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:15 am

Nice. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 am

Fucking 'puter. Stop it. :twisted:

Just an alternate view, but I didn't see Karin in opposition to Agnes at all. :shock:
I thought she was more upset with herself as a parent for not seeing what was troubling Agnes and that she would be supportive when the fit hit the shan.

Whatever, I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 am

Very funny it would be was if Agnes and Elin were make meeting on toilete and then all of classmates stop it go on just one this toilet of strange that when they go out so were as A.and E. Something like a magical box. :lol: Then all others would have the place avoid like the plague, and it would be only for Elin and Agnes. *:)*
katka
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

"Darling, it's our very own toilet"...

"Hey! You can't go in there! That's A&E's toilet!"...

"the Magic Toilet of Love"...

Somehow it's not really working for me, Kats. Not sure why. :twisted: :lol: 8)
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 pm

fish wrote:Fucking 'puter. Stop it. :twisted:

When I was working, on an NHS IT helpdesk, I used to joke with my clients that computers had been sent by the Devil, to drive us all insane. But it stopped being funny after a while... :evil:

fish wrote:Just an alternate view, but I didn't see Karin in opposition to Agnes at all. :shock:
I thought she was more upset with herself as a parent for not seeing what was troubling Agnes and that she would be supportive when the fit hit the shan.

Like I say, she's kind of an inconclusive character; we can see that Agnes and her Dad have a better relationship, but which way she'd jump in a fit/shan scenario is up for grabs, I reckons.

fish wrote:Whatever, I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. *:)*

Too kind, good fish. I wish I was, I'm bricking it! Could be fall-flat-on-face time, quite easily. ["After a promising start, DMt's story descends into a morass of treacly clichés and dubious plot devices", intones the dreaded Internal Critic :shock: ]

Let's see if they'll whisper anything into my shell-like ear today...or maybe I should play hard-to-get for a while...
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby katka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

DMt. wrote:"Darling, it's our very own toilet"...

"Hey! You can't go in there! That's A&E's toilet!"...

"the Magic Toilet of Love"...

Somehow it's not really working for me, Kats. Not sure why. :twisted: :lol: 8)

well so what? :lol: I'm sure that they would just like them doing fun. It is what it is, so that the elementary school just goes. :roll: Mocking, belittling, a kind of bullying. :T
katka
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Too much of that in schools, yes...I'm not trying to mock or belittle you, though, Kat, just to make you laugh :P
DMt.
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else