Multiple Watchability

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Multiple Watchability

Postby DMt. » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 am

Most films, when you've seen them, you don't really want to see them again. But just a few make you watch them over and over...Mine are, in no order of preference;

Water Lilies
Let the Right One In
Fucking Amal
Wages of Fear [made the year of my birth; really dangerous stunts, nail-bitingly tense]
Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources
It's A Wonderful Life
Metropolis
Leon [another great performance by a kid, Natalie Portman in this case...and you know what, crude action thriller or not, it did, like most of the others, allow her character the dignity of her feelings}

There are probably more if I could remember, but anyway...what are yours? What are your desert island DVD's?
Last edited by DMt. on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Re: Multiple Watchability

Postby Rebecka Fan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 am

In order:

Eva & Adam: Four Birthday's and a Fiasco
Show Me Love
Hannah med h
Children of Noisy Village and More Children of Noisy Village.
Toy Story 1,2 and 3
I know there's others, but I can't think of them right now. Mostly, if I want it bad enough to own on DVD or on the computer, then it would make the list.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

Watchability is the key, isn't it? I've got a too-big DVD collection, and it's too big because the truth is many films don't stand up (or indeed, interest me) to multiple viewings despite enjoying them once or maybe even twice.

Case in point: Dawn of the Dead. The 2004 "reimagining" was very enjoyable at the cinema, and once after, but I've tried watching it again since and just couldn't be bothered. I have no real interest in seeing it again now. The original, however, has stood up to repeated viewings for over 20 years (for me).

I dare say I still probably have too many to list, but, off the top of my head (and in no order):

FA
Royal Tenenbaums
Black Christmas (74)
Dawn of the Dead (70s)
Halloween (77)
Harry Potters (except 6 :roll: )
Scream series
Back to the Future trilogy
Predator
Robocop
The Cutting Edge
Leon
Jaws
Pulp Fiction

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now... (Can't count REC, LTROI or Water Lilies as I've only seen them twice so far, though I'm sure they will stand up to many more).
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Watchability is the key, isn't it?

Aye, the Multiple sort. Films you watch repeatedly are [perhaps necessarily] few...
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

I have divide into two groups.
The First one of them are movies that I never get tired and I can run them over and over again, from starting early of the gust several times per week (FA, WL, The Dolls, or Kyss Mig) - these are the films in the last period . Of course, but there are more, some you don't know so I don't know if it's worth naming here. It are usually the ones of them I already wrote that is my favorite in another poll. I have such a period when I to run it over and over again till I don't ''changed'' for a another film and so it's still around.

The second are the other films that I still love, but I know them for so long (and most of its are already older) that I like to look at it again, but only if it is broadcast on television. By myself I would have on a laptop or DVD didn't play them. Between them are - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring / Pelíšky (our film from 1999) / Matrix (only first)
Exceptions are films from childhood. These are the ones to that I have nostalgic memories and may not be so great, but just I like because I saw them as child and I know them long time so is for me obviousness - such films I with calm download from somewhere and from time to time I watch it - Charlie & Louise - Das doppelte Lottchen (German 1994) and more and more an others which you don't know :roll:
Last edited by katka on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katka
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 pm

What can i say? I have many watchability films :roll:
From Sweden: FA, Clara, Kid swensk, Sandor/Ida, Eva&Adam
From other countries: Brave Heart, Lost in translation, We bought a zoo, Good advice, Ip Man, Bishunmo, Final Fantasy 7, A walk to remember, American beauty, 40-year old virgin :mrgreen:, Twins, Rambo 4, Double impact, Gladiator, Last samurai, The Crow, Transporter 2, Mononoke hime, Ong-bak, Leon...
Kso
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

Ooh, I forgot Shaun of the Dead. Modern classic. Return of the Living Dead is a scream too. "Send... more... paramedics." :lol:

Childhood faves include Gremlins and Ghostbusters. They just make me feel all... childhood xmassy. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 pm

I think I've seen Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon over 20 times :lol:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

DMt. wrote:Most films, when you've seen them, you don't really want to see them again. But just a few make you watch them over and over...Mine are, in no order of preference;

Water Lilies
Let the Right One In
Fucking Amal
Wages of Fear [made the year of my birth; really dangerous stunts, nail-bitingly tense]
Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources
It's A Wonderful Life
Metropolis
Leon [another great performance by a kid, Natalie Portman in this case...and you know what, crude action thriller or not, it did, like most of the others, allow her character the dignity of her feelings}

There are probably more if I could remember, but anyway...what are yours? What are your desert island DVD's?

Good list, love wages of fear

Shane meadows Room for Romeo brass, dead man shoes and This is england .

Lukas Moodysson's Fucking Amal and Together

Let the right one in

La haine

On the Edge

A bittersweet life

Nicholas Winding refn Pusher Trilogy,Bleeder,Bronson and Drive

After the wedding

Brother (not the American remake)

Festen

Hunger
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member