Uh, Kristen Stewart

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Uh, Kristen Stewart

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 am

fish wrote:'puter problems atm

Hmm, sounds like spyware/virus activity. What's your antivirus program?

Try CCleaner &/or EasyCleaner, also Spybot S&D, to clean out the registry and get rid of junk files etc.

This has to be done on a regular basis, or Windoze just clogs up and grinds to a juddering halt; but losing connection, that's either a line fault or enemy action...

PS also, when all cleaned up and Recycle Bin emptied, download Defraggler and defragment all your hard drives, that can help a lot too.

And if you're using MS Outlook for email [though I do hope not!], check the size of your profile...Bloatware City! :r
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am

Done all that, except for a recent defrag.
I use Malwarebites and Panda Cloud antivirus which were both recommended by the guy who built my 'puter.
I think it must have been a line issue though as it now seems to have resolved itself after I shutdown the modem about half a dozen times.
Speed seems up to normal now.

fish wrote: the "good v turkey" quotient. :lol:

But I still haven't watched the vid yet so I can't give an assessment there. :oops:
Maybe in another day or two. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 am

I watched half of it last night, it's looking good. KS is well crusty and believable as a stripper/prostitute, and Gandolfini curiously touching [well, for him anyway] as the non-punter guy who's dead daughter she evidently reminds him of. The scenes of pre-devastation Norleans have a strange nostalgic quality, that I bet the makers didn't figure on. Looking forward to watching the rest.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm

OK, It's by no means a turkey, or a sickener. I look forward to your seeing it, and any comments.

I would say something now but, y'know, spoilers...

Shitty Yahoo! gossip news ran a piece today about how KS just raised a half-million dollars for the Hurricane Sandy relief fund by agreeing to meet with an Arab prince for 15 minutes; that would have something to do with her experience of New Orleans making the movie, I imagine.

When Harvey Weinstein broached the matter she apparently just said, "How much?" 8)

I would like to bet she's put some of her own money in the pot too; go, girl.

Curious that she and Acquart have both played Snow White... :?
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 am

Unfortunately Snow White and the Huntsman is the most dreadful tosh [unless you're about 11, maybe? Was that the target audience?] despite a bravura stab :twisted: at the role of the evil queen Ravenna by Charlize Theron, and a few nice set pieces.

It was basically a good idea to reinvent the fairytale as an action movie, but somehow it all goes a bit sideways, into a sort of divine-right-of-kings idolatry of Snow White - a ludicrously overwritten part for KS that she would have needed to actually be Joan of Arc to get away with - and, what with some very hammy acting from the blokes as well, it fatally fails to suspend disbelief.

Good English accent, though, and she did all her own stunts...spending the whole first third of the movie basically covered in grot, which was oddly cool.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 am

Think I might give "Snow White and the Huntsman" a miss. *:|*

Finally watched "Welcome to the Rileys" last night.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good film with just a few of my pedantic thoughts to bring it down.
1./ If Mallory was supposed to only be 16, why weren't the child welfare agencies on her case? I'd imagine they'd keep tabs on sleazy strip joints and the like all the time.
2./ Where was her pimp? A little money maker like her would come under notice very quickly.
3./ Why the hell would a reasonably intelligent guy like Doug put himself at risk of being called a paedophile?
4./ And how could Lois not even ask him the obvious question?

Having said all that, the performances by the three main characters were excellent.
Lois' attempts to leave the house were bordering on hilarious.
And Mallory/Allison was played to a tee. Brilliant.

And a final very non-PC comment. For any female with a bum like Kristen's, the showing of it should be compulsory. *:)*
Can't believe I said that. :oops:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:34 pm

fish wrote:Finally watched "Welcome to the Rileys" last night.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good film with just a few of my pedantic thoughts to bring it down.
1./ If Mallory was supposed to only be 16, why weren't the child welfare agencies on her case? I'd imagine they'd keep tabs on sleazy strip joints and the like all the time.

She did seem worried about the cops...

fish wrote:2./ Where was her pimp? A little money maker like her would come under notice very quickly.

Yeah, whether she wanted one or not...I dunno. Maybe not been there long enough.

fish wrote:3./ Why the hell would a reasonably intelligent guy like Doug put himself at risk of being called a paedophile?

Because if you're not a paedo, why should you be afraid, maybe...? It was pretty well underlined that his own daughter was dead, and Alison reminded him of her.

fish wrote:4./ And how could Lois not even ask him the obvious question?

Well, she obviously jumped to the obvious conclusion at first, but then came around and realised what was really happening {or so I thought, anyway].

fish wrote:Having said all that, the performances by the three main characters were excellent.
Lois' attempts to leave the house were bordering on hilarious.
And Mallory/Allison was played to a tee. Brilliant.

Good, glad you enjoyed it. I liked the ending too, an evidently cleaned-up Alison giving them a call.

fish wrote:And a final very non-PC comment. For any female with a bum like Kristen's, the showing of it should be compulsory. *:)*
Can't believe I said that. :oops:

Heh...yeah, the L Chat had a .gif up before you could say, "Nice bum".
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 am

DMt. wrote:... I liked the ending too, an evidently cleaned-up Alison giving them a call...

I thought there was a fair chance she'd get the bus to their place, rather than Vegas. Nice way to end it. :D

DMt. wrote:...Heh...yeah, the L Chat had a .gif up before you could say, "Nice bum".

And the link to that would be where now?????????? :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:54 am

fish wrote:And the link to that would be where now?????????? :P :lol:

Floating around somewhere early-ish in the 1300+ pages of their KS thread...the repetitiveness of which quickly gets tiresome in the extreme :roll:

Twiglet is old enough news now that the early ones are starting to appear in supermarket bargain bins; so I got the first two and watched them last night, back to back. Not nearly as dreadful as one is led to believe, despite being very obviously targeted at teenage girls [and their mums, perhaps?], but can't see myself ever watching them again -

No, really! :oops: :shock: :lol:

- despite KS' undeniable cuteness quotient.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 am

Perhaps all the teenage girls and their mums are right, but I can't bring myself to watch it a first time. *:|*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 am

I doubt that your life will be significantly impoverished by not doing so...TBH I still can't really see what all the fuss was about, how BellEdward became the Golden Couple for all those millions of people [girls?] to such a fanatic, even pathological level ["I'm probably gonna get killed by some crazy Twilight fan..." - KS].

KS does have a sort of EveryGirl thing going on, I get that; and RP is kind of pretty in a brooding Byronic sparkly-vampire mode, I get that; but the Great Love seems to be predicated on never actually being consummated, on tormented longing, meaningful stares and barely-repressed desire, and I don't really get that at all... :roll:
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 pm

:shock:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/4615005/224/

L Chat Guest wrote:Twilight is probably the most hated franchise in the world. People do not like the Twilight cast and the movies. Who is the lynchpin of the entire franchise? None other than Kristen Stewart. She has an insane amount of people who hate her guts for no other reason than the fact that she's the star of those godforsaken series. Her tracked tag on Tumblr has more hate in it than most celebrities I follow. Look her up on Twitter - 80% of the tweets are bashing Kristen. I thought those were bad. I've seen entire blogs, websites, facebook fan pages, ACTUAL GROUPS IN REAL LIFE (they meet up at coffee shops and libraries) dedicated to hating her and everything she does. So when you have that amount of negativity surrounding you, trust me... anyone can make up anything about you and people will be willing to believe it.

People always say that Kristen brought it upon herself because she's shy and awkward and all that crap.
Bull. Shit.
She could just be standing somewhere smoking a cigarette and people would still hop on her dick for the stupidest shit.
"She has no posture, she's fucking ugly, she needs to die, she's stupid as fuck, she sucks in acting, stop slouching you fucking dyke" etc.
I understand that not everyone has to like her. But to spend so much time hating one person you don't even know personally? I can't begin to comprehend how that makes any sense whatsoever.

...you & me both, Guest. *:|*
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqox4y_swath_people

MTV Cast PR for Snow White, Charlize and KS flirting outrageously.

I think there might've been some guys in there too, somewhere.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 am

L Chat Guest wrote: I can't begin to comprehend how that makes any sense whatsoever.

It never fails to amaze me that some people spend so much time and energy hating something.
Have they nothing else in their lives? :T

(Checking out the vid as I type. Can't blame her if she fancies Charlize. *:)* )
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 am

Two of the hottest women around, they must have lots to talk about. Charlize seems much more comfortable with the whole being-gorgeous thing, roomsful of dropped jaws and people OMG-ing you wherever you go and all that, and it's very cute the way brave, tough li'l KS seems to go all shy, femme and girly around her.
DMt.
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else