Uh, Kristen Stewart

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Uh, Kristen Stewart

Postby DMt. » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh yeah and there were some guys in there too. I think.

Can't resist this one - Venus as a boy;

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 am

That has to be the most gigantic pic I've ever seen. :shock:
Was it a poster or something?

As for Charlize, not many beautiful women would even consider taking her role in "Monster" with those make up requirements.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am

Fishy gasped, er, I mean wrote:That has to be the most gigantic pic I've ever seen. :shock:

I had no idea it was going to be that big [as the actress said to the bishop].

It's from an Elle fashion shoot.

Charlize started a bit of a down&dirty cinema thing with that Monster role, I gather, second-wavers just rushing to ugly up for similarly gritty, realistic parts.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 pm

DMt. wrote:Can't resist this one - Venus as a boy;

What does that mean exactly, Venus as a boy?
I know theres a song called that, but is it some idiomatic phrase or something?

I can only get half of Kristen's face on my screen at the same time, HUGE pic :shock: (and small screen :oops: ).
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Dahls wrote:What does that mean exactly, Venus as a boy?
I know theres a song called that, but is it some idiomatic phrase or something?

Well, I certainly never heard it before Bjork's tune...but it seems very appropriate to that pic.

Dahls wrote:I can only get half of Kristen's face on my screen at the same time, HUGE pic :shock: (and small screen :oops: )

I was quite surprised at the hugeness myself, but then decided I liked it anyway 8)

A right-click and View Image should let you see it whole...?
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:20 am

Working my way through The L Chat's KS thread, I've just arrived at, and been struggling with, the part where the news of her ill-considered affair with the Snow White director Rupert Sanders broke...it's SO fucking ugly!

Why on Earth did I expect that gay women would have more mercy on another woman [and one they evidently previously fancied something rotten] than the various conflicting species of Twitards?

I don't know, but I did...foolishly, as it turns out. They're calling her ugly names, revelling in her 'downfall', sucking on the juicy gossip - and the level of self-righteousness and so-called 'moral' condemnation displayed is just horrible, truly nauseating.

However, there are still another 900 pages of the thread, and KS' career has to date signally failed to tank, as so knowingly predicted there, in consequence of this unfortunate business.

So I'm not sure what the moral is...except that lesbians can be nasty squares too, maybe...?

PS I should note, in the interest of scrupulous fairness, that there was also a low percentage of non-gloating and supportive posts.
Last edited by DMt. on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:33 am

Dig those amazing green eyes!
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:35 am

DMt. wrote:...and the level of self-righteousness and so-called 'moral' condemnation displayed is just horrible, truly nauseating...

Can't think of a single reason why any particular group of people wouldn't have its own share of "haters".
The tiny bit of L Chat I read showed that to me.

It's a shame when any person's perceived sexual preference leads to that kind of negativity.
If they can't say something nice, they shouldn't even be there. :x

Dismounts from high horse. :oops:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 am

Music video for Marcus Foster's 'I Was Broken', apparently a fave song of KS' :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI_pPEysgYQ
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 am

Nice clip with some nice images too. :Y

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 am

In the cesspit of vicious schadenfreude that is The L Chat KS page's reaction to her affair, a couple of humans pop up to protest at the cruelty, and one posts this neat bit of observation;

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20120728_Stewart-Pattinson__Betrayal_and_hyperreality_of_a_media_romance.html?cmpid=138887484

Thanks, girls! I was drowning in shit there for a while.

And to the sadists;

DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 am

DMt. wrote:...And to the sadists;

Indeed.

Love the gif.
Almost balletic. *:)* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 am

I liked it too [obviously]. I think at the end she says, "Stop", which seemed very a propos.

Seeing the million+ views and 1.38k pages of that thread makes me a little [but only a little] more modest about the Acquart thread here.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Interesting essay about the whole 'one expression" / "She can't act" crap. My God! A non-scenery-chewing Hollywood actress!

http://terencebowmanblog.blogspot.ca/2012/07/the-kristen-stewart-conundrum.html?m=1
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 am

Don't ever try to tell me this girl has no sense of humour...

DMt.
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else