We need more women/girls here!

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

We need more women/girls here!

Postby DMt. » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm

...don't we?

Are we not otherwise [going to be] perceived as a straight-guy-site, just ogling the cute lesbians for a cheap thrill?

While there may be, ahem, a certain amount of truth to that, there is actually rather more to it - we're not haters here, it certainly seems to me that we don't see gays or lesbians as aberrant or disgusting [though personally I have to confess to a certain amount of phobia around male homosexuality, based on unfortunate childhood experiences] - but we only have Katka, sweetgirl, snaps and Nemo representing the female contingent; and even then, not so very often, right?

This just won't do.

On that basis, I've taken out a sub to the L Chat, God help me, and am going to try to start an Acquart thread there, and will post in the Kstew and Dakota threads, [both of which I've now chomped through completely] as well as anything else that catches my interest. I'll post links to here, too; maybe even have one in my sig.

I'm fully aware that this may involve me/us in a certain amount of suspicion, hostility, denigration and abuse [because, after all, what is a guy doing on a lesbian board, anyway? *] but since The L Chat site policy appears to be at least trying to be inclusive and non-discriminatory, and because Fucking Amal and Naissance des Pieuvres/Water Lilies are presumably close to at least some of The L Chatter's hearts, I think it's worth a go. Wish me [us!] luck... :shock:

[* Good question! For me, TLC [and lesbians in general] represent the furthest extreme of femininity. So in the interests of wholeness and liberation from socially inculcated stereotypes, I want to try to understand that perspective - preferably without the associated misandry, and since we don't engage in misogyny here, that's hopefully fair enough.

Some people [ie shitheads] are obviously going to dump on us, that's inevitable, but I like to think that persons of goodwill can, and will, get past the gender stereotyping and relate as equals, even over The Great Divide. The aforementioned women members here would seem to indicate that this is possible...

Of course I could be horribly wrong... :twisted: ...but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? It's an experiment.]
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Re: We need more women/girls here!

Postby fish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 am

I recall a number of other women/girls too since I joined, and it would be great to have them post more, (or at all even).
I think this is a site without prejudices and I'd certainly like it to stay that way.

So.... Luck. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:12 am

Anyone and everyone who isn't a troll/troublemaker is welcome here. :D

That's four women you mention right there though, Dave, which is about 50% of the members! :mrgreen: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 am

True, O King...but then, there aren't enough of us either.

I'm still a bit nervous about it tbh. Waiting for my sub to be approved, too.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Very good initiative, Dave.
More female contribution is much welcomed from my side. :)
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Dahls kindly wrote:Very good initiative...

I dunno, man, I'm having serious reservations now.

Last thing I want to do is create a downer in here; and there are a LOT of misandrists on that site, mostly [but not all] posting anon, who I think would be only too delighted to shit all over us [well, the guys, anyway] for liking FA/NdP/etc., and the various women we admire.

I have my login, but whether I'll ever use it there, as an out male, is now becoming highly questionable.

It seemed like such a good idea at the time! :roll:
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:12 am

They wouldn't last very long if they did, Dave. That I can promise you. :wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Anything else