Aggression in Trollhattan!

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Aggression in Trollhattan!

Postby bruno » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:07 pm

These things became awfully usual in recent times
Now it happened in Trollhatan too.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... ish-school
bruno
Gold Member

Re: Aggression in Trollhattan!

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Santi
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Is this a place that appears in FA? Or near?
bruno
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am

I am still researching and trying to make sense of this tragedy in Trollhatten. It is all the more poignant because the school is only a short distance from the school where 'Fucking Amal' was based (On the other side of the E4 motorway) . The name of the murderer (himself shot dead by the police) and is now in the public domain. Anton Lundin-Pettersson

His Facebook page hasn't been taken down yet, which must add anxiety and concern to his family and few friends. Who is (was) he? A fresh-faced 20-year old. The interesting thing about his Facebook profile is, simply, that it is uninteresting. It could be the likes and dislikes of any young person of his age.

Doubtless it will be pored over by analysts and media types, eager to point the finger at listed heavy-metal bands, horror films, computer internet war-games as evidence of dark influence. Seriously? Some of the former are among my own likes. He also liked comedy programmes like Seinfeld, Friends, and South Park.

To find out what 'flipped the switch' you need to see what he was watching on YouTube. His interests centered on videos glorifying the Nazi Era, rants by neo-Nazis, speeches by the far-right Sweden Democrats, and anti-Muslim propagandists. Get the ironic connection? Yup a lonely boy mentally confused seduced in exactly the same way that Jihadist cannon-fodder are recruited.

He died a pointless death, just like his immediate victims. A pawn in the game. Make no mistake, he did NOT carry out his attack because of some pent-up hatred of former teachers or fellow-students. He did NOT attend this school. He deliberately chose it because it has a large number of Muslim immigrants to Sweden.

I have read and translated all the feedback comments on SVT's recent screening of FA. 95% are very supportive. Very many, however, comment that it is 'of it's time' - not an accurate relection of Amal nor Trollhatten as they are now. The 'narka' scene - risible. Drugs are on demand. And 'same-sex' relationships? 'what's the problem?'

FA is a 'period piece' a kinda 'Look Back in Embarrassment' to friendlier more innocent times of teenage angst. Long may it remain so. Let's keep it as a fun fantasy. Maybe I am an escapist but I prefer to think of Johan Hult as a loveable 'klutzy' everyman trying to make sense of 'The World' Seriously, if I were to do an update I am afraid that Johan Hult would be more likely to end up as Anton Lundin-Pettersson.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:01 am

I was shocked and repulsed to hear about this on the radio at around noon today, it's difficult to understand these action of a young man against his peers.
Even if we do know all his supposed motives, as despicable as they are, it's hard to grasp how all this can be doable in a small scandinavian town (or anywhere else in the world for that matter).

My heart goes out to the victims and their families, the family of the offender, and the rest of the community of Trollhättan, in their grief.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:17 am

I am appalled and deeply saddened by this tragedy.
I've seen a lot of comments on social media already, trying to find someone/something to blame.
I only hope that when the investigation is over that if there were any others involved they are brought to account, and that steps are taken to prevent a recurrence.
In the meantime the best we can do is to support the victims and their families. *:|*

snaps wrote:...FA is a 'period piece' a kinda 'Look Back in Embarrassment' to friendlier more innocent times of teenage angst. Long may it remain so...

Well said Snapsie. :Y
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:39 pm

We are receiving a lot of contradictory information every day. Immature people has difficult and I think they do not find your way .. I think that.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:45 am

Sadly, not everyone can be as perfect as us. :( :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:42 pm

In the country where I live , every 15 or 20 days a man kills his wife.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:38 am

Sadly, domestic violence is a worldwide curse, with women as the main victim. :(
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:24 pm

yes
Santi
Crew Member

Return to Anything else