Favourite music bands

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby Anni » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:57 pm

Hi i'm new for you in here :) though I've
been reading the posts for a while. I find you intelligent and funny. So i decided to share some of my favourite music with you:
Meshell Ndegeocello - she's a bi-sexual singer-songwriter with a soulful, jazzy, funky style. Perfect for cilling. NB pay attention to her lyrics!
Manu Chao/ Mano Negra, Amparanoia - Spanish folk music flavoured with roots reggae and worldbeats.
Massive Attack, Portishead, Smoke City, Zero 7 - some Trip Hop
Bebel Gilberto - bossa nova
Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd and other rock bands from the 60's&70's
Arvo Pärt - one of the best classical music composers of this time.

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------
Meshell Ndegeocello - Make Me Wanna Holler <-my favourite
Anni
Silver Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:02 pm

Hello Anni, and welcome to the wonderful world of Fucking Amal :) I'll check out some of your favourite bands, and see if they come up to my standard :P Hope you visit often and post loads B)
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:07 pm

styvisor wrote: "Jibberish" is what people speak when they are drunk, viz a viz you are completely unintelligable to anyone but yourself. For me thats me when I'm not drinking :lol:

I'm good at that too... :P

Yeah Hello Anni!!!Massive Attack "teardrop" my fav. and Portishead "roads" my fav. too :D
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi Anni!

Nice to meet you! I hope one won't get mixed up with the two of us ;) maybe you could tell us something about you?
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Anni » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:42 am

Hi Anny :)

I was a bit worried about that too but i still wanted to take that name.
Don't get mad at me... :rolleyes: Anni is my real nickname. Some of my frends call me like that.
Anni
Silver Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:06 pm

Sphinx wrote: Yeah Hello Anni!!!Massive Attack "teardrop" my fav. and Portishead "roads" my fav. too :D

pah, "it's a fire" is their best song, it's on their best lp "dummy" :P

Anni, your taste is not bad. Do you also listen to classical classical composers? I really love Wagner, a german composer of romantic operas, Tchaikovsky (how the fuck is he spellt in english), Beethoven, Dvorak and J.S.Bach.
And Hendrix: He's the coolest guy ever
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:27 pm

MahaRishiSriSriX, you like Wagner? Really?! My aunt is opera singer(in) ;) she mostly sings Wagner! For me honestly it's enough to sit half an hour in front of the radio... naja... maybe the name "Semper Oper" sais you something (that's where she's working btw...) i don't like Wagner that much... our Partiturkunde-teacher tells us all the time about instruments with were only invented for a Wagner opera... that sucks! I like Mendessohn better... and you surely know the very famous composer Johann Christoph Altnikol :lol:
Last edited by Anny on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anny
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 pm

wow, i'm impressed, Semper Oper, yeah, heard about it :lol: that's really cool.
Wagner invented the "Wagnertuben" and some other things. and he kind of invented the modern music :D

Johann Christoph Altnikol - this must be some kind of joke - still i don't get it :(
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 pm

yeah it was a joke :lol: (well, part of it) i only wanted to test you, could have been that you knew him... i know only one piece of him, too... he was a Schüler (Schüler? what's that in english? *ähh*) na J.S.Bach was his teacher, now you know but Bescheid, or ;)
Anny
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:31 pm

yeah, "now i know bescheid", but propably no one else. ;)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:36 pm

egal! that was just for you! ;)
Anny
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:44 pm

thank you. nice avatar by the way
i just noticed, we joined this forum on the same day :)
Last edited by MahaRishiSriSriX on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:50 pm

good that the picture is so small then everybody think's that's me :lol: i noteced that before! but there was no time to tell you... i think that's a sign.......
Anny
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:19 am

maybe it is...
do you look like björk in small? is your hair also black? *curious*
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anni » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:32 am

I used to do ballet for 6 years when i was younger... I had a very good teacher and accompanyist. The teacher is dead now for a few years.
I like classical music in general. I don't know much about it but i know that i like it (not all of it ofcourse). It takes a special mood to listen to it. There's depth and power in it! And it makes me remind the old days...
Anni
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else