Favourite music bands

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby styvisor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:40 pm

Anny, I just thought I'd type in to google long German words and that's what was found in one of the first links I went into and to share with the rest of you lucky souls :D Unfortunately, I don't speak German :P I will try and learn to speak a few langauges though, so when I do travel abroad, I can at least speak to people in their own langauges and not expect them to speak english B)

It would be pretty cool as well to be able to understand quite a lot of the bands I listen to and know what they are actually singing about :lol:
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:52 pm

what bands do you mean? maybe i know a few of them... by the way: it's the same with me in english... allthough i can talk to some people (and i hope they understand me B) ) i can not understand english lyrics... (especially from The Rasmus) maybe the reason is that Lauri (the on who writes most of the texts) is ("sometimes") drunken when he writes them... for example on song is called "man in the street" very confusing... :huh: maybe one of you can help me (with the 69 songs :lol: so there are only 67 in english, the last two are in finnish (those i understand perfectly :ph34r: ))
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:05 pm

the longest i found is: "Wissenschaftlichkeit" (not compounded) but you are right sphinx, we link the words and then you get something like anny wrote

styvisor,thisisnowordactuallyitsbadstyle :P

I can at least speak to people in their own langauges and not expect them to speak english good intention, i think the same way so i started to learn italian, french, spanish, icelandic, bavarian, japanese and a bit hindi in the last years but im to lazy to learn for it, so i'm not very good :( :D

do you speak welsh? i heard there are only few people who do. i like the celtic languages, but they are very hard to learn!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 pm

anny, dey don understand demselves :D
<a href='http://www.kissthisguy.com' target='_blank'>http://www.kissthisguy.com</a>
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby styvisor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:54 pm

I stand corrected on the "longest German word" :rolleyes:

Languages I need to learn to understand bands and to help me when I go abroad:

Polish, Ukrainian, German, Austrian, Hungarian, Japanese, Swedish, French, Italian....

MahaRishiSriSriX, I know some Welsh, but am not fluent in it. If I were to come from North or Mid Wales I would be fluent, but South Wales is predominatley an English speaking region, and as such Welsh is rarely spoken here :( . That is now changing though, as a lot of people are starting to learn the language now :)
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:06 am

MahaRishiSriSriX: ach menno! du weißst doch, dass ich kein Englisch kann... (6 Jahre sind halt nicht lang genug...) aber zum Glück bin ich ja nicht die einzige :D ("I got so much things on my mind...")

Sorry to all English friends ;)

Ps: du sprichst Isländisch??? (hab ich grad gesehen) cooooool!! Ich kann nur Finnisch :P Ich kann schon einen 24-Stunden-Tag mieten oder ein Steak auf Holz (das ich NIE essen werden...!) und ich kann sagen: "Wie geht es dir?" - "Danke, mir geht es schlecht!" (Die spinnen, die Finnen!) :lol:
Last edited by Anny on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:21 am

MahaRishiSriSriX: I'm impressed so many languages... :P

Styvisor:You want to come to Poland...or just to understand some bands...I can be your guide:-)

Anny:Don't worry some of us get it German I mean:-)

Back to the topic...
I've watched The Gathering concert..a semi acoustic concert.2 wonderful hours..and I got to some point."singing ladies usually can't dance..."I love Anneke so much she is so amazing but some of her moves are so funny...and take for example Tina Turner... :P no comments on her... :D just a smile
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am

i was just joking :lol: i had best english teacher in the world ;) you see what i'm now about (even more stupid than before :P )
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:30 am

Stupid maybe isn't the right word...but You seem to be a bit different :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:15 am

Styvisor:You want to come to Poland...or just to understand some bands...I can be your guide:-)

Thanks for the offer.... I'll hold you to it ;) Poland is one country I would like to visit one day soon B)
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby *blond* » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:32 am

minasan! nihongo o hanashimasuka?
i'll help you with your japanese Styvisor.

i've decided im going to learn swedish, it's an amazing language.
i guess rebecka promoted the swedish language eh? everyone wants to learn it! :P i plan to travel most of europe. the UK and scandinavia mostly though. perhaps france, so i can have sword fights with those long bread thingys.
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:43 pm

@ *blond* : "Julen är här igen!!!" :lol: (i've missed to write it a few weeks earlier...)

styvior : Austrian is no language! People in Austria only speak a very strange way of German, kind of dialect (only a few words are different) but of course i can help you with German ;) so what do you want to know?
Anny
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:51 pm

Anny, *blond*, thanks for your offers to help me with learning German and Japanese ;)

I can see me becoming fluent in jibberish first before I can become fluent in any other language at the moment though :D
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:54 pm

i just tried to find out what "jibberish" is but i dont no if i got it right
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:19 pm

"Jibberish" is what people speak when they are drunk, viz a viz you are completely unintelligable to anyone but yourself. For me thats me when I'm not drinking :lol:
styvisor
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else