Favourite music bands

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby Sphinx » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:48 pm

I need to add something to my beloved bands:

Cranberries
Enigma
Perfect circle
Era
Gregorians
Apocaliptyca
Guano Apes
Incubus
Garbage
Paatos
Hammerfall
Korn
Massive attack
mushroomhead
disturbed

more to come soon:-)
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:13 pm

If anybodies interested, I recommednd this really cool as fuck Japanese all female psychedelic rock band called Angel N'Heavy Syrup. They've got a few albums out but I only have their "IV" album.... One of the best albums to fall asleep to ;)

Also while I'm here, I also recommend this whacked other Japanese psychedelic band called Kadura. The album of theirs I got is called "From the depths of the outer space"
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:24 pm

musicluver990 wrote: (...)

Dashboard Confessional (I hate when he's like crying/screaming... I much prefer the mellower Chris Carrabba a la Swiss Army Romance)

(...)

I believe its you who once started a topic where users could post the lyrics of songs that'd perfectly fit in Fucking Amal, and someone posted the lyrics Hands Down and As Lovers Go by Dashboard Confessional. I just wanted to say that I checked them out on Kazaa and stuff and I recently bought their album A Mark A Mission A Brand A Scar and well, it's awesome!! I've never been a real fan of the soft American rocksound (except for the almighty John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls) but Dashboard Confessional writes great songs! Awesome record! It's quite hard to find this other album called Places you have come to fear the most, but I'm trying!

Couldnt find that topic anywhere, so I posted it here! Great band!

My other favourites are
- Damien Rice (from Ireland, best singersongwriter to me at the moment)
- Ryan Adams (no, not Bryan but Ryan)
- The Strokes
- The Thermals (I've seen them live: the best concert I ever went to! I'm going to see them again in March)
- Starsailor
- David Gray (listen to Sail Away and Say Hello Wave Goodbye to fall asleep. i'm almost sure it's much better than Japanese Psycho Rock LOL )
:D

Styvisor: do those bands sound like the Japanese band in Kill Bill?
robinn
Silver Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:43 pm

@ MahaRishiSriSriX:

* wehitz - lahach! * I was just joking! I only meant Björk is not everybody's taste! I only said that because my best friend (the other fan, you know ;) ) is allways sooo impressed when she evens hears that someone knows the name "Björk"! She's a bit crazy (like me...)

oh, and i'm NOT from Sachsen! Why did you think that???

HH
Last edited by Anny on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 pm

To be honest with you, I have never seen Kill Bill so I wouldn't know how the music from the film goes :blink:
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby musicluver990 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:04 am

I own all of the full-length Dashboard Confessional albums, and in this one song on The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most, Chris is just screaming/crying and it doesn't sound good at all to me. But everything else but that song is great! I recommend "The Swiss Army Romance".... I also like the band Brand New: download "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" to sample their sound. It's kind of emo hardcore.
<i>The only one I love, she was a superstar.</i>
musicluver990
Faithfull Member

Postby styvisor » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:40 am

- David Gray (listen to Sail Away and Say Hello Wave Goodbye to fall asleep. i'm almost sure it's much better than Japanese Psycho Rock LOL )

You'll be amazed by how laid back, melodic and dreamy Angel N'Heavy Syrup are ;)

And on David Gray; He got a lot of his inspiration for his songs and lyrics from the Welsh landscape :D
Last edited by styvisor on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:52 pm

@anny: ok then, i've just guessed. ;) i'm a bit crazy about Björk too

@sphinx: thanks, you've reminded me of "hearts on fire" ...burnin, burnin with desire B)

@styvisor: you haven't missed anything, Kill Bill is a bad film

japanese bands are horny :D - no really, there are cool groups like L'Arc~en~Ciel, Gackt, X Japan, Miyavi :P
apropos welsh: <a href='http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Llanfair.JPG' target='_blank'>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Llanfair.JPG</a>
Last edited by MahaRishiSriSriX on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Anny » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:25 pm

@ MahaRishiSriSriX:

Have you (zufälliger Weise) "Gling Gió"? It's the only album still missing in my collection ;)
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:44 pm

Maharishisrisrix: You're welcome....You can count on me anytime :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:45 am

styvisor wrote:

You'll be amazed by how laid back, melodic and dreamy Angel N'Heavy Syrup are ;)

And on David Gray; He got a lot of his inspiration for his songs and lyrics from the Welsh landscape :D

:lol:

I'll check them out someday! Angel N'Heavy Soup hmm

Oh the welsh landscape!! I should really visit Wales sometimes :ph34r:
robinn
Silver Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:44 pm

yeah, and pay attention to the name... :D

anny: no, i have it "leider nicht". also for me its the only lp missing in the collection :(
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:33 pm

MahaRishiSriSriX wrote: yeah, and pay attention to the name... :D

I thought that German has the longest words you usually link some word and make a kind of new meaning of it ...by the way what's the longest word in German?
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:03 pm

Not to sure this is the longest German word ever, but it seems pretty long to me :D

einblauerglänzenderWürfelformteVerzierungaufdemWeihnachtsbaumeinesMannesderineinemkleinenweißenHausineinemWaldvolldergelbenBäumelebtundKartenfüreinLebensammelt

And heres what it's supposed to mean:

In english it means a blue shiny cube shaped ornament on the christmas tree of a man who lives in a small white house in a forest full of yellow trees and collects tickets for a living.

But, this is supposed to be the longest word ever, and it goes something like this:

ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE
= Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.

<a href='http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_longest.html' target='_blank'>Fun with words</a>

;) :D :P
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:29 pm

oh, that's nothing special to write a sentence without spaces! You could have written a million words more if you had have enough phantasie... If you want to be a showoff you have to find as much nouns as you can (for example: "Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänsmütze" or something like that) But woah you speak German?! I'm sure if you travel some day to Germany this will be useful for you... :lol:
Last edited by Anny on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anny
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else