Harmony Korine

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:17 pm

Does anyone know this director and writer?

I've only seen his first film "Gummo" once and I really loved it. It was kinda sick and disturbing, but I liked it. I also like him because of the great scripts he's written for Larry Clark's films. I've never seen his second film "Julien Donkey-Boy".

Anyway, the German channel Pro7 is showing "Gummo" this Friday/Saturday at 3.50 in the morning! Not the best time, but it's worth checking out! Something really different!
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby darkleon » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:32 pm

just ask www.imdb.com

<a href='http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005101/' target='_blank'>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005101/</a>
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:35 pm

darkleon wrote: just ask www.imdb.com

<a href='http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005101/' target='_blank'>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005101/</a>

Well, I already know him, I asked if people from this forum know him! ;)
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:03 am

No fan of Harmony in here? What's going on? :lol:
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:10 am

Okay, to completely convince you guys:

Those are Lukas Moodysson's favourite films

1) Bicycle Thieves (De Sica)
2) Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)
3) Gummo (Korine)
4) La Haine (Kassovitz)
5) Lamerica (Amelio)
6) The Last Picture Show (Bogdanovich)
7) Mirror (Tarkovsky)
8) On the Waterfront (Kazan)
9) Riff-Raff (Loach)
10) Secrets & Lies (Leigh)
11) Where Is My Friend's House? (Kiarostami)

Noticed something? YES, the third one is Harmony Korine's debut film!
Pro7 shows it this Friday (check out the original post), so WATCH IT, WATCH IT! ;)
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby JustMe90 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:30 pm

ill see if i can record it. at that time im normally standing up and preparing me for going to school
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:53 pm

That's Harmony, BTW:

Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby sparkles » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:00 am

AHHHHHHHHH! i'm 23 and have loved harmony since i was 17!!!! his book is INSANE! like..a look inside a crackheads mind. its awesome! (a crackup at the race riots)
i LOVE gummo! even bought the bloody soundtrack. haha julien rocked. but you HAVE to love it because its harmony AND chloe! just like gummo and kids. btw, harmony looked hilariouse in kids! the big soda bottle glasses. "hey jenny jen! come here. i wanna show you somethin'." lol god I LOVE HARMONY!!!! :D :D
sparkles

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:56 pm

i've seen la haine btw, good film.
but korine, donno, i seen kids, so-so
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:44 am

Hmm, "La Haine" has nothing to do with Korine. It was directed by Mathieu Kassovitz - great film, though.
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Return to Anything else