My Summer of Love

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

My Summer of Love

Postby Physis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:09 am

Hey everybody,
My name's Jane and I'm a newbie here :). I haven't seen Fucking Amal but I should get it tomorrow in the mail from amazon.com so I'm really excited! Anyway, to the point...

I just saw a really great movie called "My Summer of Love" and I thought you might be interested. Just a warning, it's dark compared to Fucking Amal.
Here's a synopsis:
"The film vibrantly charts the emotional and physical hothouse effects that bloom one summer for two young women (Natalie Press and Emily Blunt). Mona (played by Ms. Press), behind a spiky exterior, hides an untapped intelligence and a yearning for something beyond the emptiness of her daily life. Tamsin (Ms. Blunt) is well-educated, spoiled and cynical. As they are complete opposites, each is wary of the other’s differences when they first meet, but this coolness soon melts into mutual fascination, amusement and attraction.
Adding further volatility is Mona’s older brother Phil (Paddy Considine), who has renounced his criminal past for religious fervor – which he tries to impose upon his sister. Mona, however, is experiencing her own rapture. “We must never be parted,” Tamsin intones to Mona…but can Mona completely trust her?"

You can watch the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_fea ... flove.html

Well, I hope you all like it. If you've already seen it, what do you think about it? If not, are you interested???
Bye :D
Physis

Postby Anny » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:13 am

hi! i haven't seen this film yet and i also don't want to! the reason is, that almost every movie what has gay people for topic is not very realistic (in my opinion!) it's because the actors are not gay, and because they are only actors... another point is that there is always a "that-is-not-normal"- massage in it (maybe one of them falls in love with a man or was hetero from the beginning...) a third piont is that most of the stories have a sad or too happy ending, what is also not very realistic... (i only like films that are realistic (except fantasie stories of course :wink: ) i liked the ending of fa very much! when i saw it the first time, i was really disappointed that they didn't have sex at the end! but then i realized, that it wouldn't fit to the story at all so things are just good as they are :wink:

there for i think fa is one of the best lesbian-film!

that's my opinion, you may have another...
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby *blond* » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:20 am

hey! i've seen that movie. it was so.. abstract? once i think about it i find it rather intriguing, at the time i was like 'geez.. this is boring.. and creepy...' but i think it was a great movie. like, love really isnt what you think it is, there's so many different stories of love and we only see the ones that end happily, not the ones that end and leave you sorta, just hanging. but i think we all know in reality, you get more of the latter.

but it's a great movie! see it!
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Physis » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:50 am

Hi Anny, I definitely know what you mean but I have to say that I thought this movie was very realistic. That's why I like it and that's why I think other "Fucking Amal" fans will like it.

Hey *blond*, lol I know what you mean. I had to watch it a 2nd time to really appreciate it. The first time I was a little disappointed only b/c it really is so...obscure and poetic in a way. But like you said it's intriguing...enough so that I could watch it again no problem. Now I really like it so...yeah :).

By the way, I finally saw "Fucking Amal" about a week ago and I've watched it almost every day since. That's how much I love it!!! Awesome movie.
Physis

Postby Narcissus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:27 am

Y'know I never realised this film existed without the help of you lot. So today, while on my half hour break at work, I toddled down to HMV and grabbed myself a copy. I've just finished watching it (00:24am 15 August - as you might have guessed) and I have to say it was just.....brilliant. This is what films should be like; realistic, down-to-earth, nothing like this hollywood fairytale bullshit that we're spoon-fed each and every year. I think this ranks almost as highly as FÅ does. I really thought it captured the essence of life.

p.s. At the end I was saying quietly to myself "Go on Mona, drown her!" I get waaaay to emotionally envolved.... HUG ME!

'night all! Love ya!
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:28 pm

well... if it's even you who likes this movie :wink: so, could you be so kind as to send me a copy...? :wink: i don't know with whom to go to the cinema, cause all my friend are hetero and do just hate films like that! (but i don't... that's the reason why i'm still here on this forum =)
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:00 pm

*flies to Germany and takes you to the cinema*

lol :P
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:38 pm

*lol* that's up to you... :wink:
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:50 pm

lol pseudo date - hmm I've used that one before
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 pm

really?! i thought there is no-one even more crazy than me on this planet... :wink:
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:43 pm

crazy? Oh that's *Blond*'s job! 8) :lol:
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:11 pm

*hihi* so what about this film? have you a copy for me?
Anny
Crew Member

Postby t.A.T.u.4ever » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:58 am

This seems like a pretty good movie i guess im gonna have to check it out! :D
name-Tiffany
D.O.B-April 9, 1990
location-usa
sexuality-lesbian
music-t.A.T.u.,Missy Higgins,avenged sevenfold,evanescence,the veronicas
t.A.T.u.4ever
Gold Member

Postby *blond* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:38 am

god it must SUCK not to have gay friends... i do! well. on the net anyway, but still, it'd be nice to have a gay freind to talk to at school.
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:06 pm

you're damn right blond! :cry:
Anny
Crew Member

Next

Return to Anything else