The forum is dying...

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:20 pm

Ooops... I'm sorry. :oops: So I guess I'll have to think about whether seeing it is worth 30 Euros to me... :(
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Sandy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:47 pm

Oh no, this forum can't be dying! I just found this again and I'm so fucking happy because I thought that this forum doesn't exist anymore. Thank you all!! :) :D :lol:
Elämä on elämää varten annettu, ja se on ihanasti sanottu.
Sandy

Postby Max Lynx » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:22 pm

In this forum seldomly someone posts.Why?It is the only forum about OUR movie.

For a example there are countless forums for crap Hollywood movies like Lord Of The Rings with thousands of posts in each one.

I wonder if people have forgotten FÅ and if the enthusiasm for this movie was a trend of the patricular time around when the movie was released.

Hope at least the new active people will post a little more. :lol:
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:55 am

I don't think the forum is in any real danger. It can be a little slow sometimes, but I think that's understandable. I come on every day; I don't necessarily POST everyday, mind you. The thing of it is, of course, is how many times can you post about your favourite scene or moment or whatever, before you start endlessly repeating yourself? The other danger is you end up overanalysing the movie to death, and spoiling it. Which I certainly don't want to do. I think, for a forum devoted to just one 90 minute movie, that's ten years old, where one of the two lead actresses has seemingly retired from acting altogether, this forum is pretty remarkably healthy really! :D

It's the only forum devoted to just one movie I'm a member of. I'm not even a member of a general movie forum - the only two other forums I'm an active member on are for two tv shows that ran for many years and have a much greater amount of material to discuss than FA (and even THEN you run into danger of repeating yourself sometimes).

All in all, I think the fact that there is a small but still devoted group of followers after all these years says a hell of a lot about the quality of the power of the movie.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:06 pm

The activity was pretty high this spring with many new members who had recently seen the film, but they seem to have left or just don't post anymore.

The forum has been a little slow during the summer, but the few remaining people who regularly post can't post everyday though, then the quality would suffer.

Maybe there will be some more people contributing this fall.

I wonder where Kant is though, we haven't heard from him in a long time.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby eiger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 pm

hi,
I visit the forum daily but of course there's not always sth to write about.
As cody already said, I don't think that we have to worry. The fact, that a forum about a 10 year old litte swedish movie exists at all says a lot about it's appeal and timelessness. There will always be people who see and fall in love with it. Some will go crazy and join us here to do some posts but only few stay...
for me, it's the only forum where I'm active - and I want to proceed this way. :)

eiger
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 pm

As long as Ole hosts the thing, there is no danger. (He used to be more present in here than he was lately, however.) I've been a part of it since 2005, and especially this year was actually quite lively, with many new high-profile members! 2007, as I remember it, was more or less completely dead, there was an entire "generation" of users who quit at the end of 2006. But we even had a post from Sydney lately, the Ur-founder and former moderator of the forum, whom I thought had gone completely!

What I find funny - as eiger said - is the different types of activity. There are those who leave one or two contributions, and then disappear again forever. Some have prolific outbursts, producing dozens of posts within a month, and then disappear too, only to re-emerge with a similar outburst two years later. There are those who have been members for ages but have, all in all, not posted on more than twenty occasions, those who provide a small but constant trickle of contributions for many years.... and there are the sheer maniacs, for example our very esteemed Australian mate (you know who), who has produced, in half a year, as many posts as I (for one) did in nearly four years... :lol:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 am

Tee hee. :lol: :D

It's called OCD.

:wink: :lol: :P :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby mpox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:00 am

I almost never check the non-FÅ forums here and I'm probably not alone. I meant to suggest this before but then kind of drifted away from the site for a while, anyway I think it'd be better if instead of so many forum subsections if there was one main forum where many different topics were posted. Even if there were a lot more people on the site I think having so many groups would be stifling and with as few people as there are it just makes it seem more deserted than it otherwise would be. At this stage of the game do we really need an entire subgroup devoted to Rebecka or Alexandra or would a sticky thread where people could post news or whatever work better?

For sure things would be messier but I think the informality and more apparent activity would promote more conversation and build the community. It's probably a lot of work though so I dunno.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:42 pm

I basically agree. Extra forums on Rebecka and Alex are fine for me, but on, errr, Vanilla Ninja and Tatu and other children's music, you know :? :wink: Not even all the Moodysson films make sense. (One of the best discussions we ever had, for example, was on Lilya, but it is the only thread in that sub-forum.) However, it probably is a lot of work, and OEB had the plan to feature these forums in connection with his webshop, which is a legitimate concern, even though it apparently did not work out.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:32 am

I tend to stay in the FA/Rebecka/Alex sections, occasionally veering into Off-Topic and the film section (which may as well be the same, really).

It could be cut down, but I think having only one area would get a bit messy and confusing (particularly for any new members).
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Anything else