The forum is dying...

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

The forum is dying...

Postby bartolomeo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Hello, I'm faithfull visitor this great forum and I'm sad and confused, cos I found that activity of this forum is so weak, comparing to the situation to 3 or 4 weeks ago. All great comentators, like Kolya, kant1781, Nemo_Me, and others are missing. I know that the whole situation with closing Sidney's site is upsetting, but I hope you will continue your wisdom conversation quite soon! So my friends keep going!
post scriptum
What about your fan fiction ,Kolya?
And you, Nemo_Me?
bartolomeo

Postby Kolya » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:39 am

For me uni started again and while I still write on it on and off I don't have the time that I used to have. As soon as I have something to show I'm gonna post it though. That being said, I'm always open for some talk here. :D
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby oeb » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:23 am

I've now set up fucking-amal.com to forward directly to the forum (at least temporary until I've gotten around to integrate the forum better with the site). Hopefully this will bring some more people back.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Kolya » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:50 am

Integration should start with the button on oebfa.com reading "FORUM" only. Here is hope that this forum isn't a guestbook yet. Image
Since you put the information about Sydney's old site into a sticky too, the button on oebfa could link to the forum directly. That's one less click.
Glancing at Phrases like "sad to see" and "going offline" is not what people expect when they go for the forum anyway.
Putting your own logo here and linking it to your site would help get people onto your site from here and help wonders with consistency. Frames usually don't work well with forums because the forum gets squeezed in. Also people who want to read the forum regularly will bookmark the forum-frame anyway. So linking to the site actually works better.
Kolya
Gold Member

Re: The forum is dying...

Postby kant1781 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 am

bartolomeo wrote:I'm sad and confused, cos I found that activity of this forum is so weak

Now, now.... here's looking at you kid! 8) :lol: :lol:

You're right, Sydney's resignation couldn't have been more untimely. There was so much happening. But I hope there's no danger. Me personally I was just travelling and have no intention to withdraw.

But hey, where are you guys? Everybody who was so active in the past weeks: darkleon! Anny! robinn! Sphinx! Arkz1531! Kyle! Emiliano! Nemo_me! Sandy! And everybody else... let's get back on track. Sydney certainly wouldn't have wanted us all to say goodbye just now.

Ole, thanks for direct-linking to the forum from fucking-amal.com. I wanted to propose exactly that.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Nemo_Me » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm not quitting my fanfiction. I just found out that the board was online again today. If anyone opens the link to my fanfiction again and tells me in what email I should send the next part I shall gladly do that.
Nemo_Me
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:13 pm

Whoopeee! (Shit, those cheerleading emoticons are gone...) :D If Ole needs some more time to integrate the old content into his site, you could start by posting the next part right in the respective thread of the forum...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby oeb » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Kolya: I agree with your suggestions. Obviously the current "introduction-page" to the forum is just temporary. I won't use any frames; probably I'll just edit the heading and hopefully find a way to view new forum posts on the frontpage of the site. Most changes will probably happen during May.

Nemo_Me: I only got a forum backup from Sydney, so the simplest is (provided you've still got the first part...) if you re-send the entire fan-fiction to me (e-mail below). If it's very long I can make a seperate page for it like before.

kant1781: The cheerleaders are back *:)*
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Kolya » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 pm

Sounds very good.

And lol at the cheerleader. :D
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:29 am

urg
forum was off and i thought its really off
cause i had the bookmark on the forum directly...nevermind

perhaps it was the same with some others and because of thats its so empty
but sphinx is busy...very busy ;-)

hope everybody is ok :-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:30 pm

*:)* *:)* *:)* ^O^
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 pm

nice to see some activity (again)

Just saw the film Thirteen (didn't like it) and it made me realise what an awesome movie Fucking Åmål is *:)*

I'll check for some interesting topics to see what I can do. :D
robinn
Silver Member

Postby Kolya » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:22 am

I haven't seen 13 yet. But today I saw Fröken Sverige. That's a nice movie though it doesn't seem to have something like a plot. It features Alexandra Dahlström which is good enough I guess, but still ... a story that doesn't leave you with thoughts like "WTF? WHY?" wouldn't have hurt.
Still a nice movie to see on a lazy afternoon.

Has anybody seen Som kärlek fast på riktigt! (Like love but for real!) with Alexandra?
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:01 pm

Kolya, how did you get your hands on Fröken Sverige???! :shock:
(I tried to download it via edonkey but failed, too few sources. I'd really like to see it.)

And welcome back Mr robinn! It's funny because I happened to see Thirteen too last weekend! Why didn't you like it? I found it no masterpiece, but quite entertaining.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby oeb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:05 pm

(I tried to download it via edonkey but failed, too few sources. I'd really like to see it.)

Download on eDonkey? Eherm... :shock: well, let me inform you that the film is available to buy on DVD with English subtitles:
oebfa.com - Webshop ...and needless to say - discussion regarding illegal downloading should be taken elsewhere :wink:.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Anything else