why the F*** must we go to school?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

why the F*** must we go to school?

Postby jaret » Wed May 10, 2006 4:43 am

I was thinking a couple of days ago this so i decided to post it here:

we were never asked if we wanted to go to school and i assume most people here go to school and have felt a horrible emptiness by most of the things taught there.
Whether a country reaches its potential or not is determined by its education, i dont know over there in 1st world countries but here inmexico (a 3rd world country) most people who think about how education must improve say we've got get kids thinking and not just memorizing and i'm not against that and i do not plan to stop studying but my lazy opinion is this:

just because a freaking monkey started using its braing more than any other i must study???? if our ancestors hadnt used tools, and managed a way to produce fire, there wouldnt be anyone studying right now. But what i am saying here takes us to: "go to the forest or jungles and make a living there, because you dont want to be part of this society".

So i decided i wanted to be an artist because that fulfills me and not someone else, but i wasnt able to convince myself of that and i'm so damn shallow, so i decided to study architecture because it's more plausible that i get money as an architect than as a plastic artist, or so I think.
jaret

Postby Kolya » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 am

When you go to school all other people drop their skins and underneath they look like big birds and they breath in the lint from the tumbledryer - that's why you have to go. Um...no...just kidding here!

But really, you can go to school and still become an artist, it's non-exclusive. In fact it might help a bit.
I understand your point but on the other hand I know that you will probably never have as much free time as you do now, to do what you want to do. Go to school then go home and improve your artistic skills. It's not like becoming an artist is something you can achieve without learning, just by talent. It needs practice too.

After all you don't have to go to school, if you really really think about it. You could run away, and experience the adventures of living in a trailer park and doing drugs! Hey! (Because jungles have become increasingly scarce lately.)
Anyway, while that might provide some shortlived retarded fun, you'll notice it gets boring soon. And it might just leave you thinking: "What if I had finished school? Where would I be today? Maybe in a nice apartement, with a nice woman and a nice car. Maybe even some children?" But you have noc chance of achieveing this anymore.

If you have all those nice things in a few years and then decide it's not to your liking, you can still try and find a nice jungle to live in. (I hear NYC is quite a jungle.) Anyway, the point is, you have the options to decide then. Keep those options open to yourself, they just might come in handy oneday.

If you would like to read about someone who had the same idea as you of dropping out of civilisation and into the woods I reccomend Thoreau's "Walden".

Whatever you do, have a nice day!
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby jaret » Thu May 11, 2006 3:12 am

thx 4 the reply, and i have never seriously considered dropping school, it's just part of my thoughts about human civilization and how they a few humans decide to control other humans, how we evolved from collecting fruit and killing pigs to killing a pig every second in the world (it's not a real stadistic) and how we are afecting the planet, i'll never drop school, i just sometimes get so bored at school i start hating it and thinking what to do about it.

thanks for the link :D
jaret

Postby jaret » Thu May 11, 2006 3:13 am

thx 4 the reply, and i have never seriously considered dropping school, it's just part of my thoughts about human civilization and how they a few humans decide to control other humans, how we evolved from collecting fruit and killing pigs to killing a pig every second in the world (it's not a real stadistic) and how we are afecting the planet, i'll never drop school, i just sometimes get so bored at school i start hating it and thinking what to do about it.

About NYC being a jungle, i'd consider any city more of a zoo than a jungle.
thanks for the link :D
jaret

Postby Kolya » Thu May 11, 2006 12:02 pm

jaret wrote:i just sometimes get so bored at school i start hating it and thinking what to do about it.

Yeah, that's how school is for most intelligent people. Consider it a ZEN-lesson in controlling your agression or something. :wink:
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:50 pm

jaret wrote:i just sometimes get so bored at school i start hating it and thinking what to do about it.

You could go to a rave!
Or rob a pensioner.
:P
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Thu May 11, 2006 6:06 pm

good idea, kant ^^ but remember: this is the off-topic-part of the site :wink:
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 am

Really, try to keep in line here. We wouldn't like to see you get banned for being unable to follow the rules. Image
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Oh, yeah?! :mrgreen: You know what zero times zero is? That's how much I care!!!

:lol:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby jaret » Sun May 14, 2006 9:29 pm

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
KANT, YOU ROCK!!!
And I will consider the rave...
jaret

Postby oeb » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 pm

You are indeed moving dangerously close to on-topic here ;). As the responsible adult here I will of course also emphasis that you should take school seriously - you'll certainly regret it later if you don't.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:02 pm

Right... It used to be Pappa Olof, now it's PAPPA OLE! :lol: _O^
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby jaret » Sat May 20, 2006 1:47 am

i will take it seriously but it's just so hard to do it sometimes...
jaret

Return to Anything else