Peaches

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Peaches

Postby sydney » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:19 am

Hej hej... How are you all doing? I see the forum is a bit slow now. Since one week I discovered a music group called peaches. Well I discovered them earlier on, on one of my trips to Sweden. I bought the CD over there, but came across the CD again when I emptied one of my suitcases one week ago. Their songs remind me of the Eurosong music used in Fucking Amal. It is totally wrong music, but I have to admit that I really like the song Dynamit Nitroglycerin baby.

Can anyone translate this sentence for me... please?

Nått är på gång, det är nått som kommer hända

sydney

Postby oeb » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:57 am

Peaches... hehe... they had a hit here in Norway a couple of years ago with "Rosa Helikopter". I notice that I've actually not added them to my catalouge - something needs to be done about that obviously ;).

"Nått är på gång, det är nått som kommer hända."
"Something is going on, something is gonna happen."

Is the picture from Sweden? I didn't know they had "Peppes Pizza" there.
Edit: Checking the picture properties it's indeed revealed that the photo is taken in Tromsø (Norway) ;).

Another edit: It appears like the group has split up (or "took a break") last year, but one of the members - Tåve - is trying to break through as a solo artist.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:25 am

Thanks for your reply Ole. It seems like they have split up in 2005. I don't know about Tåve's solo career. But I know that Isabelle Erkendal (nothing to do with Isabelle films haha :D) has started her solo career in the Pet shop boys cover band: "West End Girls".
sydney

Postby oeb » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:42 pm

I've actually added West End Girls to the catalouge earlier, but I didn't realise the other half of Peaches was among them.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Peaches rules.I have all their albums but definitely the second is the best.
Songs like Följ Med Mej Ut,Rollerboy,Peachmobile,Dynamit Nytroglycerin Baby,Sköna Gröna Sommartid are favourite songs of mine.
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 am

West End Girls is pretty good too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQgeb6uAB3I
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Return to Anything else