Stupid accidents

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby styvisor » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:36 am

I'd like to tell every one a very funny accident I had when I was a bit younger (11-12). So here goes:

I was out with my brother down the fields by where I live with a boomerang. So we're there chucking it around and catching it for the best part of 10 minutes when along comes a man. Anyway, theres nothing to worry about for anyone until my brother chucks the boomerang and it looks like its going to hit the guy. It should be an easy catch for me to get to, right. Wrong. It goes straight through my hands and slize, chops part of my lip off. Everyone runs towards me then, and I'm going it's nothing at all. Then all of a sudden it starts gushing blood. In the end I had to have 6-7 stitches in my lip. But thats not the worst of it.

A day before I had some of my lip chopped, I started seeing this girl. But due to where my cut was I was unable to kiss her. Sorry to say, that relationship only lasted a week. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you another funny accident story in a day or two.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:57 pm

This is one of the best injuries I ever received just for the simple fact that I had loads of attention from everyone. So here goes....

I was 10 years of age when I broke both my wrists. You might think thats nothing, but the way that it happened will maybe change your mind. It was the summer of 1989 and we were 3 weeks into the Summer holidays, and my friends, brothers and myself were having a crab apple fight in our local wood. The apples came from this really old rotten tree, and as we were young nothing really scared us that much. So we would climb it without thinking of the consequences at all. Anyway, I get chased up this tree by my brother, when all of a sudden I hear this creaking sound and my brother telling me watch out. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late and the branch I was on snapped :blink: .

In all, I fell around 15 feet, landing hands down, just ahead of the branch which landed on my lower back. At that time I passed out for a few seconds and then came around. The pain kicked in around 2 seconds later, and somehow I got up. I then had to walk to my house which was 100-150 yards away which took me about 5 minutes as I was crying :( and walking like Alex Murphy out of Robocop when he had his hand blown off. When I eventually got to my house I realised that my parents were at a neighbours house I had just passed, so I had to trek over to my neighbours house.

I got there and blubbered that I wanted to speak to my mum, as I wanted to explain something to her. She was going " What happened" and I responded that I had fallen in stingy bushes so that my brother would'nt get into trouble. She then grabbed both my hands and slammed together, and started to rub them very vigourously saying that this would get the blood flowing. Needless to say I had to tell her the truth, as I was crying even harder after that :( .

We then go the hospital where my parents are told that I had broken both wrists and would have to spend the night in hospital, just for observational reasons. I had the casts on for the rest of the holidays, which ruined my trip to the beach as I had to stay out of the sea. And they were always itching as well :angry:.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:26 pm

I did not really have much accidents in my life. But the one I was involved in was a car crash. I was 8 or 9 when this happened. As you might have guessed from the age, I did not drive the vehicle. :blink:

The thing was that my parents and I were helping out my uncle to transport a new couch to his house. My uncle borrowed a van for this. All went well when we all sat in the van to transport the couch. It was already evening and sat down for a bit before returning the van to the owner. Suddenly my uncle decided that we had to return the van. My uncle, dad and I wanted to join him. It was really a great day and you could notice this from the jolly mood we had in the van. We drove to town and because we were in a loud conversation my uncle did not see the red traffic light. I saw it, and I noticed the speed he was travelling towards the red light. I remember I shouted "STOP", but this was too late. Driving through the red light a small car hit us and the van made a tumble. The passengers of the little car were heavily injured. My uncle and dad only had bruises. I came off luckily with a few glasssplinters in the skin. When I think about it then we were very lucky, but at the same time the passengers of the other car have suffered a great deal.

This very good and happy day turned into a mess and hell. :unsure:
Last edited by sydney on Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby *blond* » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:15 pm

haha i have one! i was mucking around :P with my best friend on my bed, and i dislocated my toe! and then the next day she was lying on top of me and i dislocated my elbow! don't ask me how, it just happened, but she thought it was hilarious because i had to explain what i had been doing at the time, to my mum. ohh the shame of it all
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby styvisor » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:33 pm

It seems to me, that most of my accidents are caused by falling from things..... So to my next stupid accident.

This goes back to 1984 when I was 5 years old. I was on my garden wall, walking on its edge and being a little brat with my brother (again), when I fell off the wall, falling about 8 feet, fracturing my skull from just behind my left ear to just above my right eye socket. According to the doctors, if the fracture had gone any further I probably wouldnt be here now writing it down B) I spent a pleasant week or 2 in hospital if memory serves me correctly :D
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:17 pm

ooo scary!!!Thanks God or whatever that you're alive!!!
Now something from my life.Have you ever been stung by a wasp?I have even by whole flight of wasps...I had stings all over my body... ;) Now one single sting and I'm dead...that's why I guess I don't like insects :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby MahaRishiSriSriX » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:46 pm

actually you should be able to stand it better than, i mean, you should be immun, kind of.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>___!!!male!!!___<br>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>(männlich, varón, <br>maschio, homme, <br>karlmaður...)
MahaRishiSriSriX
Gold Member

Postby JustMe90 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:11 pm

well i dont think all this accidents are very funny... i really neaver had a bad accident. once i fell from a kind of metalthing that is in school. i nearly broke my knee. it was swoled and i couldnt move. the doctor said it wasnt anything bad and told me to put ice on it and wait. a few month later it still hurted and i went to a doctor in germany. he said that my knee was broken but that it was ok now and that i had luck to not have to limp for the rest of my life. ;)
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby Sphinx » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:23 pm

MahaRishiSriSriX wrote: actually you should be able to stand it better than, i mean, you should be immun, kind of.

I've always been different ...I'm a freak of the nature! :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby darkleon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:39 am

Sphinx wrote: I've always been different ...I'm a freak of the nature! :P

hehe that sounds great! :-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:31 pm

darkleon wrote:
Sphinx wrote: I've always been different ...I'm a freak of the nature! :P

hehe that sounds great! :-)

...and is great...not always but sometimes... :P
Sphinx
Crew Member

Return to Anything else