What music do you like?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby bruno » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 pm

Yes, they are a band.

How I know this? Well... I just read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyllene_Tider :P
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 am

Play (a Swedish all girl pop group. since gone solo. one of the girls, Rosie was in the Eva & Adam film.), S Club 7, Debbie Gibson and Backstreet Boys. Those are my faves.

Others I like are Alan Jackson, Billy Joel, Madonna, NSYNC, Britney Spears, David Archuleta and many more.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:55 am

I like Billy Joel too, Kyle.

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby MSandt » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:11 am

The greatest band in the history of mankind:

Then one of them quits and I'm left with Angels and Airwaves, a reasonably good band but not even close to blink 182.

I really don't listen to any other artists/groups specifically. I used to listen to Sash! but they haven't released anything for years.
MSandt
Faithfull Member

Postby 12raHraH » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Hello, fun group! Very nice. I hope we can all agree that the music in Fucking Amal is one fucking legendary! And yes, I'm looking at you, Broder Daniel. I just can't fathom how one of their member committed suicide. Such a tragedy.

Anyhow, I like to listen to Velvet Underground, Kings of Leon, and My Morning Jacket. Also Leonard Cohen.
12raHraH

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:40 am

Bought the 1995 Meat Loaf album Welcome to the Neighbourhood off ebay a couple of days ago.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:07 pm

There seems to be a really wide range of tastes in music here which just shows how diverse this group is. My own tastes are pretty broad too, anything from Dylan to Dido, from Pink to Pink Floyd.

I haven't heard of many of the European groups/artists mentioned as they seem to be swamped in Australia by British and American music and of course our local stuff. Hard to get air time with that sort of competition, but what little I have heard has with few exceptions been very good.

I can't help it but when I hear some of the more negative comments "outsiders" have made about Fucking Amal, especially the one which goes "Why bother making a movie about a relationship that's doomed to fail?", I have to say "Go on to U-tube, search for Deborah Conway, find a song called It's Only the Beginning, and listen to the words, carefully. I think it is the perfect response.

Besides, I think the camera loves her.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Anything else