What music do you like?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

What music do you like?

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:30 pm

What are your favourite music?

I have two top favourite artists, who both happen to be Swedish :wink:

BRODER DANIEL, worlds best indie-band in my opinion, had some of their best songs on the FÅ score as you know, sadly they don't exist as a band anymore.

SOPHIE ZELMANI, wonderful singer/songwriter, I think she has some fans in Germany as well, writes and performs very tender and melancholic music, brilliant stuff if this is your thing. She has been around for over 10 years, but is still highly active.

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby hcd » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Still my favorite:

On the other hand I like to explore the music sections on www.myownmusic.de. Lot's of independent music there. Mostly done by semi-professionals, but also by professionals. And it's absolutely legal to download these. Plus it's always possible to discover little masterpieces.
hcd
Faithfull Member

Re: What music do you like?

Postby mpox » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:BRODER DANIEL, worlds best indie-band in my opinion, had some of their best songs on the FÅ score as you know, sadly they don't exist as a band anymore.

Lead singer is frankly emo, not that there's anything wrong with that. :) I really liked their stuff in the context of the movie.

As for Swedish bands, or at least related bands, my favorite is probably the various Beat-Man projects out on Voodoo Rhythm records. There were a lot of garage influenced bands out of Sweden at one point (Hives, International Noise Conspiracy, Turbonegro) but you don't hear much about that scene anymore, now it's mostly pop.

hcd wrote:On the other hand I like to explore the music sections on www.myownmusic.de. Lot's of independent music there. Mostly done by semi-professionals, but also by professionals. And it's absolutely legal to download these. Plus it's always possible to discover little masterpieces.

Have you ever seen/heard King Khan & His Shrines? That's my favorite German (sorta) band, but I also like a lot of stuff on Alien Snatch records which I think is also German, though they tend to put out mostly non-German bands.

The Black Lips are probably my favorite American band right now, but I listen to a lot of different styles of music.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby eiger » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:07 pm

i take pleasure in "good" music in general. and what shall i say: there is a lot, if you look left and right from the things they play in radio. over the last years, i specialized in classical (beethoven, chopin, rachmaninov and sibelius are my favourite composers) and quality electronic (progressive, minimal and ambient stuff mostly) music. but of course there other genres like for example metal or the french chanson that afford music i like. it's always great to discover something new.
currently i'm stunned by http://www.myspace.com/gostaberlingssaga ,which is the band of rebecka liljeberg's boyfriend (thanks FA :wink: ). their music is really extraordinary. i'm waiting for the cd since nearly one week...
morrissey, moodysson's favourite singer, who i didn't know before my research on FA as well, sounds good, too.
and yeah, i love the other tracks used in FA (especially whirlwind and the one that is played while johan prepares for the party in front of his mirror-who knows the name?), but i think this has more to do with their reminding effect to the film than the music itself.
SOPHIE ZELMANI, wonderful singer/songwriter, I think she has some fans in Germany as well, writes and performs very tender and melancholic music, brilliant stuff if this is your thing. She has been around for over 10 years, but is still highly active.

sounds interesting, will check this out :)
Last edited by eiger on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby paniculus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Mhh,
Scorpions are a great hard rock combo, hear them since I'm 10. Two years ago I was at a concert, truly great, would like to be able to rock that hard when I am 60 years old. :)

Wise Guys A German A-Kappella group, brilliant lyrics, often very funny and the five "wise guys" are simply sympatic.

UFO - Old, English Rock'n'Roll band, truly nice.

Die Ärzte - German Pop-Punk-Rock, social critical lyrics, a lot of irony, and nice guitars.

Broder Daniel - Couldn't get a CD yet, but I liked the songs in Raus aus Amal (Fucking Amal, Show me love, name isn't important)

The Who - I play classic bass as well as electronic bass, and John Entwistle is simply brilliant at his bass, nice music, nice lyrics, was a nice band.
paniculus

Postby hcd » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 am

Have you ever seen/heard King Khan & His Shrines?

No, I don't think so.

SOPHIE ZELMANI, wonderful singer/songwriter

Reading this again, the name Liv Kristine pops up in my mind. She has wonderful voice. It's really a pleasure to listen to her. But I only know her from the band "Atrocity", where she appeared as a guest singer for some songs.

I also like "Max Müller", "Think about Mutation", "Atari Teenage Riot" and "Death in Vegas".

i take pleasure in "good" music in general

I guess everyone does it, since "good" is something subjective.

if you look left and right from the things they play in radio.

That's a must do. If they play some music, it's mostly crap.

i specialized in classical

*bbrrrr* Definitely not my taste. (I guess, it is, because they forced us at school to listen to that over and over again. And I'm not going to like things where a force is behind. That's natural, isn't it?)
hcd
Faithfull Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 pm

I like late 90's Bubblegum dance/Eurodance and some Rave and Techno
+Russian/Czech dance groups.

And above all i like oldschool Heavy Metal.
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Re: What music do you like?

Postby bruno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:BRODER DANIEL, worlds best indie-band in my opinion, had some of their best songs on the FÅ score as you know, sadly they don't exist as a band anymore.

I'm reviving this old thread just to say, what a pity. I managed to listen to some of their songs and I like their sound.
"Whirlwind" is perfect when in synch with the scenes of the movie that show turmoil, desire, soul searching.

Maybe they are (were) too much "dandies" on the stage (I'm basing this on a couple of youtube videos, so bear with me if I'm wrong please...). Given the aggressive, emotional songs like Whirlwind I would have expected a wilder look when playing live.
bruno
Gold Member

Postby hook » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:43 am

So another Italian is in here with us! Welcome in here Bruno! :)
I'm from Italy too, you know?

I'm very happy reading that you liked Broder Daniel when you listened to their songs...I think that they're very very good...I dunno how they're on stage 'cause I cannot see videos on youtube (got a slow connection :twisted:) but I always loved them from the first time I listened to "Whirlwind" but...my prefered song of their are "Hospital" and "What's Good" :roll: :roll:

I send you a great big hug :wink:

With Love

:oops: Hook :oops:
Image"I Am A Weak Heart.A Weak Heart To Break"
hook
Gold Member

Postby bruno » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:10 am

Ciao Hook,

I made my opinion on their appearance just from a couple of videos (live and studio) so I could be wrong, but I see the singer wearing a jacket, uniforms, neckties, etc. and a general style that I could define between goth and dandy.

Listening to them I didn't expect that.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/365497.jpg

http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/ar ... 73085w.jpg
bruno
Gold Member

Postby hook » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:45 am

Ciao a Te Bruno ;)

You know, I don' think you're wrong. I just opened your links (thanks for those!!! ;) ) and I think the same thing of your. They looks like like dandy. It's indiscussible but their music is not...I hope you agree with me... ;)
Try to listen to those songs I mentioned on my last post 8) I'm sure you'll like :twisted:

Ps : You liked Gyllene Tyder? His song, in the film, is that one in which Johan is preparing himself to go to Christian's fest :twisted:
I think it's my beloved songs of all in the film! ;) The title is : När vi två blir en" Naturally I can't understand a word..and it would be nice if someone would translate this... :oops: but I really like the sound!!!! :)

Now I'm searching all of his songs...but it's extremely hard for me and for my damned slow conncection!!! :twisted:
...Ah! I also got the Original Soundtrack. Also if it's only a copy...I really really want the original one but I think there's really no hope!!! :cry: :cry:

With Love :twisted:

:oops: Hook :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

hook
Gold Member

Postby bruno » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:27 pm

I do remember. It's the song played when Johan is dressing up and putting the Nike cap on his head.
I don't think anything particular about that song but it was well chosen for the situation.

I donwloaded the soundtrack, didn't listen to it yet... It's impossibile to buy everywhere: "this item was discontinued" :(
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:12 am

As if often the case, unfortunately (much the same with movies), I don't know half the people you guys talk about. I feel culturally ignorant. :P

I love Meatloaf. Elton John. Australian singer Vanessa Amorosi (one hell of a voice on her). And lots others. I just like good music.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby hook » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Goodmorning Everyone!!!! :wink:

I write the post below but I didn't tell you what's my favourite music. I'll do it...but before I just want to answer to Bruno and Cody :lol:

Bruno...I don't think anything special about that song too...but...how can I say? I like the sound so much...You know I am a musician and I'm attraccted from some musical aspects of the song :evil: :)

I know the sountrack it's impossibile to find everywhere. Think..my copy was made by a Russian friend of mine!!! :) He was so lovely in sendin' me that one copy!!!

a hug to you!!! ;)

Cody....Don't feel ignorant 'cause, for me, you're not! It's natural that one person could'nt know every single band, or artist or song ;)
'Cause we're so much in the world and the music is the same of us! So it's impossible to know everything...And so...don't feel ignorant 'cause, I say again, you're not ignorant and then think that in thanks of those posts you can't know knew artists. Isn't it a very wonderful thing guy?
Take my example. I knew lot of artists, now, thanking these posts and other friends of mine and this make me feel more and more rich ;)

A big hug to you too!!!

So, here the actual list of my prefered artists! ;)

Four Star Mary
Ennio Morricone
Patrick Doyle
Howard Shore
Rino Gaetano
Gyllene Tider
Broder Daniel
Lars Gullin
Cristina Sturmer
Perfecta Laetitia
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Francesco Renga
Queen
Noir Dèsir
Modà
Giorgio Gaber
Renato Zero
Randy Travis
Garth Brooks
Eminem (I copletely lost my mind in "When I'm Gone" :twisted: )
Hysteria
Circus Of Damnation
I Pooh
Ray Parker Jr
Sex Pistols
Rancid (few songs...my most beloved one is "Time Bomb" ! :twisted: )
Arc En Ciel
Mika Nakashima
Yuna Ito
Ichiro Mizuki
Lingalad
Mago De Oz
Heroes Del Silencio
Tatu (some songs..my prefered ones are "30Minutes" "Gomenasai" "All The Things She Sad" "How Soon Is Now" "All About Us" ;) )
Nick Drake
Alphaville
Booney M
AbbA
The Platters
Louis Armstrong
Aretha Franklin'
George Michael
Jean Jeacques Goldman (you can listen to "Quelque Chose De Bizzare" I really love that song!!!)
Jethro Tull
Nat King Cole
Stevie Wonder
4Non Blondes
Forza Venite Gente (in english it would sound like "Go on, come on People" It's an Italian Musical based on S.Francis Of Assisi Life!!! )
Angelo Branduardi
E-Nomine
Francesco-C

And so many many more...I'm sure if I'm going on I'll make an infinite list!!!! So , for now, I stop here...ok guys??? :wink:

A very very big hug :twisted:

With All My Love :)

:oops: Hook :oops:
hook
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 pm

hook wrote:Ps : You liked Gyllene Tyder? His song, in the film, is that one in which Johan is preparing himself to go to Christian's fest :twisted:
I think it's my beloved songs of all in the film! ;) The title is : När vi två blir en" Naturally I can't understand a word..and it would be nice if someone would translate this... :oops: but I really like the sound!!!! :)

När (When) vi (we) två (two) blir (to become) en (one) =
When the Two of Us Shall Be One

Also (I think), Gyllene Tider is a band, not a person. (You know, just like Bob Hund :lol: :wink: )

(Correct me, Magnus!)
kant1781
Crew Member

Next

Return to Anything else