Other Interests

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Other Interests

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:39 am

So... erm... what other interests do you guys have? In the interests of getting to know each other a bit better? Other favourite movies? Or tv shows? Or stupid passions?

I think we can all take it as read that we all love FA/SML.

To be honest, most of my favourite movies are from my childhood, usually. SML is one of the rare exceptions, being a rare example of a recent (well, relatively :roll: ) movie that really got into my soul. Stuff like Gremlins, Ghostbusters, BTTF etc. I've only just started to delve into more foreign stuff (just picked up The Kingdom last week, and am about to give it a go tonight).

I'll wait to see if anyone bothers to respond before revealing anything else. :wink: :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:02 am

I like listening to music (country and pop mostly), Eva & Adam, going to the beach, chatting with my friends, making graphics and fan videos. I also love going to the mall and amusements parks.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 am

You get Eva and Adam in the States, then?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby droopy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:35 pm

My new thing is running. I started it two years ago, but couldn't manage myself to do it regularly. I hope when warmer weather comes, I'll find time and attitude to run at least two times per week.

Other than that I'm trying to study more about negative effects of globalisation, capitalism, corporations, plundering of environment, abuse of copyrights and patents. In time I hope it will evolve into some kind of action, but I'm still searching for arguments and answers.

Of course I'm watching new movies, and some US TV series. I would recommend The Daily Show with Jon Stewart for some insight into US presidential primaries and current (really bad) state of US TV news mass media.

I also read tech news like slashdot.org and arstechnica.com.
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 pm

I like music, photography, cycling, driving

Relaxing on the beach as well, even though we probably don't have as much sunshine in Sweden as you guys in Australia and Florida :lol:

And Eva & Adam is actually being shown in a re-run on TV at the moment, I watch that also :lol:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:21 am

codyw1 wrote:You get Eva and Adam in the States, then?

no. my cousin's (they live just outsude of Stockholm) send it to me through torrents and i've burned them to dvd.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:09 am

That's very cool for you. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby hook » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:47 pm

What a very nice and kind post! 8) I hope I'm in righit time to answer!

Other interests excepted FA eh? Uhm...hard to see...
Well...I have my music. That's also all of my life! Playin' and hearin' her (for me is more than a person :roll: :twisted: ). Then I love stay with my bestfriend Roby that I can see very very few times also if we're not so far the one from another. I love huggin' him. His cuddles, his sweeties...but...who know when and if I could see him again?
Then I also love photography (also if I'm not so good at that). Lose my self in front of a sunset or in the deeper meanings of the sea.
Then I got a great big passion for Japan comics and Cartoons...my home is almost completely full :wink:
Then there're the two most big passions after music. Reading and writing...they make me feel better, every day better than the day before.
And then There's Jesus and his love that I recently found :oops: :oops:

I got no more things in mind for now...when they'll come I'll put them back here ok?

Big hugs to all of you and a lot Of Love ! :wink:

:oops: hook :oops:
Image"I Am A Weak Heart.A Weak Heart To Break"
hook
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:24 pm

I also love writing. Been writing my own ongoing SF series for - uh - a very long time now. Over 100 stories, and still not yet published! LOL

I suppose my other two great passions/interests/obsessions (delete as applicable :wink: ) are the only other two things that I'm an active member of forums devoted to: Brit sci-fi show Doctor Who (been a fan for over 20 years, since I was a little kid) and australian soap opera Neighbours. Though, in truth, when it comes to the latter, only the 80s-early90s stuff (can't stand the modern incarnation of the show).

There you go, my dark shame revealed at last!

:D :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby GreGG » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Watching and collecting movies is my favorite hobby. But I don't really like Hollywood popcorn movies. I rather prefer Asian cinema. Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and others.
Anime and manga are my other interests but I'm not a diehard fan as before. And I really like Japan, japanese culture, japanese language, japanese music and so on. And one of my dreams is to visit this country some day.

Computers and computer games are another hobby of mine. In the past I liked web design a lot and one time I even made a couple of sites for money but I didn't think that it was my calling and now I'm not really interested in it anymore.

What else? Some music. Books. And yeah, how could I forget? Football is another great passion of mine. I am a big fan of Shakhtar Donetsk football team.

I think it's enough for now. Maybe I will remember something later. :)
GreGG

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 pm

Your English is very good GreGG, do all children learn English in school in Ukraine?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby GreGG » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks. Actually it's not so good, I'm just trying hard to avoid mistakes. As for Ukrainian state schools, yes, English is the basic subject but the level of teaching is very low. I think this problem comes from the Soviet times. Current situation is a little better though but far from perfect. Even now many people after graduation from school know only several words and can't make sentences.
GreGG

Postby Ian » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:32 am

As some of you may have noticed, making music videos has become something of a hobby/passion/obsession for me this year!

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:54 am

Rebecka Fan wrote:
codyw1 wrote:You get Eva and Adam in the States, then?

no. my cousin's (they live just outsude of Stockholm) send it to me through torrents and i've burned them to dvd.

Oh and my Mum is Swedish (born there) and so we visit once year and I used to see it then.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:19 am

Ooh, a cultural connection, Kyle!

:)
Ian
Webmaster

Next

Return to Anything else