other favourite actresses

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:31 am

DzejAr wrote:Anna Paquin rocks in True Blood. If you haven't seen it, try it out. There's only one season yet, second should start in May this year I think

Check it out

Code: Select all
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/

Already intending to! :wink: It's only on Pay Tv over here, but I imagine it will be on dvd soon enough. Already on my 'to get' list! :)
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:07 am

codyw1 wrote:They might be, if I had any clue who they were! :wink:
Any good movie recommendations for any of them?

Ah, they might be hard to get by in your corner of the world. All are European actresses that I think are mostly involved in productions of their respective home countries. Nevertheless, some of their films have gotten limited international release. You might watch out for Jasmine Trinca in Nanni Moretti's "The Son's Room (La stanza di figlio)", and for Germany's Susanne Bormann in Andreas Dresen's "Nightshapes (Nachtgestalten)" or "Learning to Lie (Liegen lernen", she also has a small part in "The Bader Meinhof Complex" which was a contender for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars this year. Marie Gillain might be the easiest to spot. She made her debut in 1991 in a Gerard Depardieu flick called "My Father the Hero (Mon père ce héros)", and she is breathtaking in that. It's a light comedy and you can't take your eyes off her. The film was remade in Hollywood some years later with Katherine Heigl, and Depardieu reprising his role. Other Gillain films include Bertrand Tavernier's "The Bait (L'appat)" from 1995, "Hell" from 2005 with Emmanuelle Béart, and "Female Agents" from 2008 with Sophie Marceau. There are lots of clips on youtube too.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 am

(sighs) You know, sometimes I hate living here!

It's bad enough being a fan of Rebecka and Alex, I'm not sure I could take being a fan of more people where I can never get my hands on half the things they've done! :roll: :cry:
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Anything else