job/career

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

job/career

Postby Rebecka Fan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:20 am

I'm curious....what does everyone here do for a living? Or what do you plan on as a job/career? Or what are you studying?

All together I'm studying Special Education Elementary Teaching, which will eventually give me a degree in Special Education and from there I can gradually work my way up to teaching a class with Special Needs students in Elementary. I'm hoping to teach Grade 2-3 (8-10)(I'm not sure what the equivalent in other countries would be.)

I baby-sat (to earn money) for my neighbours 3 days a week until I moved and am hoping to get another sitting job soon.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Re: job/career

Postby MSandt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:21 am

I study economics and contemporary history. I'm mainly interested in writing about economics or politics or doing research although I doubt I'd be able to handle all that advanced math.

Rebecka Fan wrote:I'm hoping to teach Grade 2-3 (8-10)(I'm not sure what the equivalent in other countries would be.)

That's cool, I worked as a substitute teacher for about a year and I really liked it. Kids of that age are easy to work with.
MSandt
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:46 am

At the moment, I'm studying a Human Resources course, which I despise, and don't want to do.

What I DO want to do is write for a living, and thankfully that's starting - slowly - to get somewhere. Finally got my first short story published last year, and since August I've been doing some part-time freelance writing for a web content provider. It's nowhere near enough at the moment to be able to live off, but I keep applying and looking and hoping. If I can get several little streams of part-time work coming in, I could start getting somewhere. I hope so. I've worked office jobs in the past, and I just loathe it. Just can't spend my life doing that. All I've ever wanted to do is write, really.

I'm also a qualified editor/proofreader.
Ian
Webmaster

Re: job/career

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am

MSandt wrote:I study economics and contemporary history. I'm mainly interested in writing about economics or politics or doing research although I doubt I'd be able to handle all that advanced math.

Rebecka Fan wrote:I'm hoping to teach Grade 2-3 (8-10)(I'm not sure what the equivalent in other countries would be.)

That's cool, I worked as a substitute teacher for about a year and I really liked it. Kids of that age are easy to work with.

Kids with special needs and learning difficulties are a bit different. Some are easier than others. I know from my placements, that some wouldn't focus or pay an attention to me and some would be obstinent.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby eiger » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:38 am

I study physics at the university in my hometown. I'm at the beginning of the 5. semester. I'm interested in that matter und I'm good at thinking analytical, so it's not that hard for me. Anyway, I'm a bit confused about my future, I really don't know if I will be happy with a job from that occupational field.
eiger
Faithfull Member

Return to Anything else