my mamma and my dog

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

my mamma and my dog

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:55 pm

I got a new dog 2 weeks ago and I've been working hard at training him. well, my mamma keeps underminding my training and rules. he lets him lick her and climb onto the couch beside her. she's letting him do practically whatever he wants when she walks him. :x she says, "as long as he, yourself or anyone isn't harmed. as long as other property isn't damaged and as long as other people aren't bothered, then let him run ahead." "you have a hold of the leash, so what's the problem?" "you don't want him to think that he's on this walk for you. it's for him, not you."

i don't know what to do. my step dad helps me out and is consistant with my training, but my mamma doesn't listen. when i call her on it (politely), she says, "i'm the mother and your the son. you don't get to tell me what to do!". she's driving me nuts! she won't listen to my father and well, my dog is misbehaving, because he's confused and doesn't know who to listen to.

I just needed to rant right now.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 am

Parents, eh? :roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 am

Seems like you have two to train instead of just one.

You will need an ally to help train your mother 'cause us parents never listen to our kids. That will probably have to be your step father as he seems to be on-side. Besides that might deflect a lot of your mother's flack from you to him.

Just remember the two golden rules.
1....Your mother is never wrong.
2....If your mother is wrong, refer to rule one.

Best of luck.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Anything else