power out in my neighborhood

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

power out in my neighborhood

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu May 14, 2009 6:49 am

The power is out in my neighborhood right now. My street and at least 4 streets behind us and in front of us. Scary!! We have flashlights and candles. I'm using my laptops power to type this, so I only have 4 hours of power. The power has been out for about 2 hours so far. Time will only tell how long it will be out. The radio (battery powered) news hasn't said anything about the outage, so we'll just have to wait. We don't know how much further the power is out from our neighborhood or if it is out elsewhere.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu May 14, 2009 7:19 am

Ah, they're always fun, aren't they? We have them all the time here. We had one for about 2-3 hours on Christmas Day last year!

:roll: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu May 14, 2009 7:25 am

codyw1 wrote:Ah, they're always fun, aren't they? We have them all the time here. We had one for about 2-3 hours on Christmas Day last year!

:roll: :wink:

There was a MAJOR power outage, I'm not sure how may years ago, but it was HUGE!!! It covered most of the Eastern parts of the US and Eastern Canada. Power was out for days, weeks for a lot of people. Maybe even longer. It didn't effect Florida though.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Thu May 14, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu May 14, 2009 7:33 am

I bet that was fun.

Two days without power in Adelaide and they'd start eating each other, I'm sure. :wink: :lol: :P :shock:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu May 14, 2009 7:43 am

codyw1 wrote:Two days without power in Adelaide and they'd start eating each other, I'm sure. :wink: :lol: :P :shock:

I can vouch for that. I'm out in the NE burbs and we have them on a fairly regular basis. Anytime a branch blows near a line, or some clown takes out a stobie pole with his car, 2 - 3 hours out at least.

Makes us all a bit feral in this neck of the woods. :evil:

Anyway Kyle, hope your power comes back on-line soon.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Anything else