soap opera poll

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Have you ever watched a soap opera?

Yes (even just catching a glimpse of one as your channel surfing or maybe when a family member/girlfriend is watching)
50%
No- Wouldn't be caught dead watching one!
No votes
Yes- I love soaps!!
25%
I'd like to, but just haven't found the right one.
25%

Total votes : 4

soap opera poll

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 am

My answer is Yes-I love soaps!!

I watch at least 4. General Hospital, One Life to Live, The Bold & the Beautiful and Good Times, Bad Times (that's the one that Alex was in!) How I'm able to keep up with what's going on and not get things mixed-up between soaps, I'll never know. My mamma watches One Life to Live with me, but most of my friends (offline) wouldn't be caught dead watching the soaps. So I was wondering, what your answer to this poll would be.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:53 am

I guess I've caught a fleeting glimpse of a few.

Mind you, if it's a show I like then I call it a "series", (eg. Sugar Rush). If I'm paying someone out over their taste in tv shows, then they're "soaps". :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:02 am

I was a fan of oz soaps Neighbours and Home and Away back in the day. Still enjoy watching the old ones, but I haven't watched the current versions for years now. Don't like 'em anymore. I think these long-running ones end up passing their sell-by date eventually, usually by transmuting into something that bears little resemblance to the thing you started watching as the years roll by...

I used to watch Dawson's Creek and Melrose Place (trash but fun!). Not watching any others at the moment.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:10 am

I'm ambivalent. :oops: I can't make my mind up about soaps either :lol: Never really had much time for soaps as early evening timings often conflicted with other joys in my life like mucking out stables, etc. Used to watch Emmerdale omnibus cos it's more my background but can't stand the self-imposed misery that makes the British watch Eastenders.

Too many good drama series like Casualty have been turned into soaps, like I care who is shagging who at the hospital, I just want to see blood and guts being spilt and the drama of medics at work.

The only soap I had any enthusiasm for was rerun off-terrestrial. Called Eldorado it was about an ex-patriate community of Brits and others living in Spain 8) It was also ironically called one of the worst soaps ever made but I thought it was freakin brilliant. It was bad at times, crap juvenile acting and hokey storylines but that was half the fun. It got pulled after a year.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:55 am

snaps wrote:
Too many good drama series like Casualty have been turned into soaps, like I care who is shagging who at the hospital, I just want to see blood and guts being spilt and the drama of medics at work.

Yeah, they did the same to The Bill, ruined that too. I'd been watching that since it started, since I was a little kid, 18 years or something. Haven't watched it now for about 6 years, they messed it up and changed it so much. Stupid. :roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Anything else