What Annoys You?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Annoys You?

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am

Going to Blockbuster to rent the Halloween anthology horror Trick R Treat (which is supposed to be rather good, and if that wasn't reason enough, has Anna Paquin in it :wink: ) only to find that, despite being out on the 28th, they haven't even got it in yet.

:T
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm settling for a Ginger Snaps repeat. Tis the right time of year and I really have to have a serious shave :shock: Errr my palms of course :evil: By the time you read this it wil be Halloweén in OZ, mwuuuhhhuh :twisted:

Actually I am annoyed. Last year here was the warmest February on record. This year is the warmest October on record with daytime temps at 15 to 20C this week. Not at all Autumn seasonal spooky chill *:|*

Anyway I'll make up for it in my dreams. If anyone cares to join me for a little mutual lucid dreaming I promise you a night to remember :Y a night you'll never forget :N no matter how hard you try :oops: ... mehehehehehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 am

Being one of those who's never paid any homage to Halloween it annoys me when all these little kids knock on my door wanting me to give them things. I mean wasn't that paper bag full of dog shit I gave them two years ago enough of a hint? Am I all of a sudden going to be nice to them? Do I just have to sit out in the chicken coop all day? The chickens get bloody annoyed with me about that.

Think I'll just stay inside, lock doors and windows, draw the cutains, try to read in the dark, a nice bottle of chilled white, share my really scary dreams of Snapsie shaving her paws, emerge tomorrow with a deeply troubled soul and never be able to forget what it is that I can almost remember. *:|*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 am

We've only had trick or treaters twice I think since we've been here. Never had them at all in the UK, and it was very unexpected and weird. *:|*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:23 am

Britain has become such a paranoid society, trick or treating has all but disappeared off the streets. This is a combination of the national climate of fear of crime perpetrated by the Murdoch press, and health and safety fascism promoted by HM Government. So everyone is now conditioned to believe that a rampant paedophile is lurking behind the curtains in every other house. Halloween = thrills and general fun and silliness which is considered dangerously unhealthy and politically incorrect. School run in the mornings and afternoons is now like an army mobilisation of neurotic parents polluting the air with their Chelsea tractors. I say get your little fat bastard kids to WALK, BIKE or SKATE to school, work some of that lard of their sorry obese arses. RANT OVER. :evil:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:39 am

I didn't even know it was ever even done in the UK.

No one we knew ever did it when I was a kid living there! :shock:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm

OMG it's kicked in :shock: , Autumn seems to have started today. still way too warm but we had a lot of rain overnite and till this lunchtime, high winds blowing leaves about and huge ominous cloud banks rolling in, dark by 4.30. Halloween over now we go into the downhill run.

I freakin HATE this period onwards. After Nov 5th November its a wasteland :T . At least December 20 whatever you know you got the equinox or whatever and you know it can only get brighter after that then anyway you got xmas and new year. I need to hibernate or sumthing.

I'd love to go to Sweden but I don't think I could live there, especially not the North. How do you cope with half an hour of daylight each day? It seems like they have a school half term week off in Sweden now, after that eeek. I have an email buddy up there. Night temps down to -20C? Basically it seems you don't go out much and spend most time with your family stuck indoors. Great. What if you don't get on with your family and they don't like you? huh? It's bad enough here.

No wonder the standby's are skiing, schnapps, chocolate, and sex and not necessarily in that order of preference, and sometimes all wierd conbinations together. :shock:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Sçuse me but ignore this post. Really truly. I get so edgy this time of year. I know some other humans do too but the rest don't undertsand. Some horses and other animals do too. Its an empathy thing. We're coming up to Full Moon on 4th November, and already I see fireworks even before we've had the gUy Fawkes Night. I am like a caged animal pacing up and down. Ignore me if I'm rude to you, I truly mean it :D it's like a snake has to cast off it's skin, I pace up and down and growl. I see the Northern Lights and I don't live anywhere near the arctic circle, I'm hoping Rebecka will become a shrink then she'll get me on her couch and it will all make sense :oops: Dont get me wrong, the sugar rush from this tidal wave is amazing, its just a case of riding it out along with being plunged into the deepest darkest depths of the ocean. it will all work out, it always does, just bear with me meantime OK. Ask me if I would trade it in for a coupla months of normal Amal the answer is no way. but Ian spare me any embarassment if I post crap :)P feel free to moderate it out of existence if need be. :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:30 pm

It's much more cold and dark during the winter in the northern parts of Sweden compared to the south where I live

It's on the whole very different places actually
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:17 am

Have you seen Manana yet, Magnus?

Come to that, has ANYONE seen it?

I'm beginning to suspect we have collectively hallucinated its existence. *:|*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 am

I haven't seen it yet, and I'm afraid I haven't had any urge to order the dvd either, sorry guys :oops:

It's available to order on dvd in Sweden, but it seems this release has no english subs, otherwise I could've got it for you Ian

Myself I'll catch this movie when it runs on TV or something, to me it doesn't seem terribly interesting, despite Alexandra.... :shock: :wink:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 am

Are you sure, Magnus? The filmmakers seem to think it's got english subs! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Here is the backside of the cover and it only says Texter: svenska as you can see, so I don't know? :?

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 am

I think Oeb confirmed it did too, though.

Fish is gonna be very disappointed otherwise, since he's already ordered it. :shock: :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:20 am

Both Mañana and Mammoth were delivered in the last ten minutes so I obviously haven't seen them yet but the box for Mañana clearly lists subtitles in English as well as Spanish.

Thanks oeb. That was pretty good service. :D
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else