What Annoys You?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Annoys You?

Postby snaps » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 pm

OMFG! help, help, help! i'm TOTALLY freakin out about this job interview on Tuesday. I have a really bad feeling about this. I know I won't get the job but now its a matter of honor cos someone has helped me get as far as the interview and I don't want to shame him up. :cry: Should I pull out now while my sanity is almost intact? I can't sleep properly :T Every time I close my eyes I get bad dreams. I get asked questions like '''What is the main strength you will bring to this job? " "Errr. I like pizza". and ''what are your hobbies and interests that would contribute to the job?'' ''Errr I like wierd erotic movies and I write even wierder lesbisk fanfic in my spare time, know what I mean? :| '' 'would you consider a job-share with that zit on your cheek cos it talks more sense than you do'' it just gets worse and worse. I can't cope with reality it's TOO freakin scarey!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:30 am

You have my sympathies, snaps. I know how overwhelming it is for weirdos like us. I can't cope with reality either. Why do you think I became a writer? :lol: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:10 am

Just a little bit of pre-match nerves Snaps. We champions get them all the time don't we?
You'll do great once you start relaxing a bit, I just know it.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Just the kind of day it's been.

Busy as hell, must dash.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Oh dear fish.

It sounds like you had the same kinda day as me. It is 13th of the month.

Is that pic a still from the webcam you have trained on me? It's very apt.

Well if it helps I had a double-shit day.

Bottled out of that interview so yeh I really am condemned now to a life of shovelling horse-shit for a living. :(

Worse than that, had a major flare-up with my writing collaborator Sam. :cry:

it looks like the ''The Land That is Not'' (The A&E 10+ years on) project is dead in the water. I can see where he's coming from. Bex has to all intents and purposes quit acting anyhow. :roll: The essential character rights are owned by Lukas, as he says, if he was going to do it he would have done it by now. He hasn't. *:|* Alex is struggling to uphold herself in a viciously competitive market foregoing fame and fortune, trying to maintain her artistic integrity by balancing her work profile. Right now she needs TLTIN like a hole in the head :T

Sam would be OK with me posting on here some of the tentative work we have done on storyboarding the film and sample scenes, but even then no-one here much liked the ''Happy Birthday Dear Agnes'' story scene so there doesn't seem much point. One press on the shredder button and my notes turn into gerbil cage lining. One press on the recycle button and my computer notes are history. Like Marie in ''Water Liles'' says, its time to quit my ''Princess dreams'' :cry: :cry: :cry:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 am

Never destroy anything you write, snaps. And never stop dreaming. You can always keep writing by yourself, can't you?

What's the point? I don't know, but then I've been writing the same (as yet unpublished, of course :roll: ) ongoing sci-fi series for 20 years this year, and I'm not gonna stop whether anyone else reads it or not. It's my thing. :wink: Have you thought about writing your own stuff (not fan-fiction, I mean). You're clearly a capable writer. You can always be inspired by other things (I certainly have been. There's a "Cody" in my series, not to mention an "Elin and Rebecka". :roll: :oops: But the thing is, they're not the SAME characters, they're MY characters, just inspired by those) but creating your own stuff is going to get you a better chance of being noticed.

(Yeah, like I can talk :roll: :wink: )
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:08 am

Just a few minor emergencies merged and threatened something cataclysmic.
Bushfires now doused.
Tsunami now averted.
Earthquake only reached 6.0.
Even the volcanos have gone quiet.

Boredom is now the only risk.

So what's happening here?.............Bloody hell!

Snaps, you really did have a bad one, didn't you?
Sorry to hear about the interview. It probably wasn't quite as bad as you think but I know when you present your case in a way that is below your expectations, it can be very disheartening. All you can do is objectively try to analyse what you can do to make it better next time. In the meantime, I could do with a half ton of horseshit on my garden. Do you deliver?

I'm also sorry to hear of the TLTIN problems. I guess we knew it was only a remote chance that the project would get the welcome you wanted, which is a shame because I know how dear it was to you. Like many similar projects yours was at the mercy of the vagaries of people beyond your control. Such a pity because I really would have liked you to have succeeded.

Now this is going to sound odd, probably nobody has said this before, but Ian is right. :shock:

I have a room full of paintings I have done over the years. Some good, some ehh. My only claim to fame is that I have sold more paintings in my life than Van Gogh, which puts me up 1 - 0. But I won't give up, I won't destroy the crap I have done, it is after all the story of who I am.

In the same way, for both you and Ian, your writing is the story of your life and it should be treasured for that alone. In years to come historians will be doing their masters degrees by writing about you, how you came to be so great, what was the path you trod. I beg you on their behalf to leave them a trail of evidence to follow.

And don't listen to Marie, you keep those Pricess Dreams going forever. They're also a wonderful part of who you are.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am

fish wrote:
Now this is going to sound odd, probably nobody has said this before, but Ian is right. :shock:

It has been known to happen, when the moon is full and the stars are correctly aligned... :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks guys.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 am

Windows Movie Maker (again). It's now actively LYING to you in the preview window, so you think you've got your video exactly the way you want it, spend ten minutes saving it, and then find it's still got footage in you thought you'd edited out.

:T :T
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 am

I think you'll find that Windows Movie Maker is a close cousin to the search engines and therefore it knows far better than you what you wanted to do.
You just need to accept that it's a superior intellect and get on with things at your own level. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:34 am

Haven't been on since Sunday, can't stay long now; my internet is down and I'm having to do MY WORK from the local library.

Ian is not amused at the moment.

:T :| :evil:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 am

We've had to speak to you before about your language Ian, please try to be a little more polite. I mean you know what delicate, sensitive little souls we are. :roll: :lol:

Has your ISP stuffed up, or are they blaming you? (could be the same thing, I know.) :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Get your ass back in here Ian! :( Your ISP is down, :shock: The webcam at Amal is down again. bloody technology :evil: We need a strongly worded letter of protest from our Moderator to the Mayor of Amal.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:12 am

Nice to know you care. :wink:

I'm back online, thank God. It was the ISP, Telstra doing something utterly stupid, of course :T . Apparenly they - er- disconnected and then reconnected our phone line or something (for no readily apparent reason) and it stuffed up my connection. God alone knows. :roll:

But I'm back. Thank God. Bussing it down to the library and having to jump computers and spend half of the day down there was not my idea of fun. Messing with my online entertainment is bad enough, when they start doing it with MY SOURCE OF INCOME, it just ain't on! :T
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else