What Annoys You?

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Annoys You?

Postby fish » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:15 am

snaps wrote:If Lisbeth says ''try these handcuffs on for size, it's just a game". DON'T believe her :oops: :shock:

I fell for that when Moa got home from your place last time.
"Here's a little game snapsie taught me" she said.
Three weeks it took to hacksaw my way out.

Would have been only a day or two but I kept getting invited to all these strange and twisted parties. :twisted:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:34 am

Okay, now I'm baffled. You know that some of the mix dvds I've authored with DVD Flick have cocked up on some of them, freezing on the last few on the discs. Well, I thought "rather than re-do the whole discs, I'll take the ones that don't work and put them on the next new one to author". I couldn't remember where it went funny, so I put one of the discs in to check... and lo and behold, they're ALL f*****g working now!

I don't get this!

:T :?: :T
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 am

You know dvd players are second cousins to computers, so they're here to help. Yours has no doubt sensed your dissatisfaction and fixed the problem for you. :P

But don't get too cocky or it'll stuff up some of your others on pupose. They can do that. :P

I hate intermittent faults. :x
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:14 am

I've checked the other two discs that went funny at the end and they're working now too!
I am now officially befuddled. :?:

(No doubt they'll freeze up again when I actually sit down to watch them for an evening, of course. :roll: :wink: )
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:12 am

The dvd player I bought largely because it played mpeg4's, but which doesn't (at least not with sound :T ) but I've just found out WILL play mpeg1's...

Somebody give me an axe. Do I really to have to reconvert 13 dvds worth of mpegs to get them to play on that machine (which won't play the Flick'd ones)? GRRR. :evil: :T
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 am

codyw1 wrote:...Somebody give me an axe... :evil: :T

Oh dear. :cry:
Fancy buying a new electrical appliance and expecting it to do what you wanted.
I bet you even read the instructions! :shock:
Last resort of a desperate man, didn't you know that? :P

My last 3 (that's right, 3) dvd players have all been the same brand. I'd even buy the same model if I could, not because they are especially good but because I don't have to go through what you're going through now. :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Too bad about your new player Ian

But that program Flick was really nice though, I've used it myself, how did you find it?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 am

I'm not sure, Magnus. :?: I honestly can't remember now! Old age, you know. Short-term memory's the first to go... :wink:

Flick is okay, but it seems to work very inconsistently - at least on my dvd players. Or maybe its the discs I'm using, who the hell can tell?! :roll: :T

What brand do you buy, fish? I bought this one because it was omni, like my old one. They're multi-region out of the box (about the only ones that are down here :roll: ) and my old one also played my mpegs. I couldn't get the exact same model, but this claimed to have the exact same features. GRRR. What annoys me even more is that my parents bought the same model as my old one 12 months earlier and hardly ever use the frickin' thing! :T
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 am

codyw1 wrote:...What brand do you buy, fish? I bought this one because it was omni, like my old one. They're multi-region out of the box (about the only ones that are down here :roll: ) and my old one also played my mpegs. I couldn't get the exact same model, but this claimed to have the exact same features....

Mine is an LG model RC195 combo dvd/vcr 6 head recorder/player. I think it's about 3 years old now so the warranty has probably just expired. :roll: (You know what's going to happen next. :twisted: )

Works fine except when it doesn't. I got the code off the web to make it an all regions player, pretty easy to do.

What chance a swap with the folks?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

Not much, I don't think! :roll: :D

Mm, I think I know the modeal you mean. I've got an LG DVD Recorder. Which has got extremely crap after barely 15 months or so. :roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Just thinking outside the box.
I know you've just invested in a new player/recorder but it wouldn't be too soon to start researching the next one. I was thinking something like a full-on commercial recorder the tv networks might use. Cost heaps but if you save your bikkies between now and then it might be affordable. Plus it might also eliminate lots of the trouble you have with burned discs.
Just thinking's all. :?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 am

(giggles childishly at the notion of me being able to afford to save up for anything)

:lol: :wink: :P :W
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:16 am

codyw1 wrote:(giggles childishly at the notion of me being able to afford to save up for anything)
:lol: :wink: :P :W

Ian Hult while not at w*rk! :P :cry:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 am

LOL
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:31 am

Windows Movie Maker was behaving like an absolute bitch today. Kept refusing to save this movie I was making, insisting there was something wrong with one of the clips or something. Took me an hour going through them all, only to realise it was lying through its teeth and just didn't want to save it because it was too long (despite being no longer than several others I've done). Ended up having to split it into two projects, save them, then import them both, stick them together and save again (with music reapplied).

If it was a person I'd have bitch-slapped it today. :T :evil: :(
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else