Awesome News!!!!!

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Awesome News!!!!!

Postby Rebecka Fan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 am

I asked my girlfriend of 4 years to marry me. She said Yes, by the way. :D *:)* Most people might not be thinking of marriage at a time like this, if they just had a loved one die, but I knew my Grampa would be happy for me and proud of me. I'm still going to be there for my Mamma, so don't worry about that. We're planning on getting married in 2011, which might seem like a long time to be engaged, but we knew that with everything going on right now, planning a wedding and having my Mamma involved might be difficult right now. My Mamma was encouraging about all this and told us we don't have to wait just for her sake, but we're both OK with waiting. Gives us more time to plan, little by little, here and there. My Mamma was thrilled when we told her the news and so were Alissa's parents/sister. I'd asked her Dad for her hand in marriage and he gave me his blessing. His whole family loves me and is just estatic by the news.

I'm sooo happy that she said Yes!!!! I never even mentioned I had a girlfriend and I'm not sure why, I love her sooo much!! She's such a sweet woman, who is very kind to all people and sees the best in people. She's thoughtful and generous. She's polite and caring. She "gets" me and makes me feel special. We have soo much in common, it's unreal. She loves Swedish films and TV. She watches the same soaps as I do. She loves Britcoms! We went to the same high school. She also has a sister (not her twin) and loves animals. Her name is Alissa and she's actually the older one in the relationship, by exactly a year and a half! She loves to travel and is a travel agents assistant. She's working her way up to be a full-time travel agent. She loves what she does and I love that about her. Her family is Swedish, Canadian, British and German (and American as her immediate family lives in Florida). We'd love to have children someday, but that will wait. I will let you know of any more details as I know them. I'll post a pic of her soon. She knows about these boards and she said that she'd be honored if I shared a pic with you all. :)

I proposed to her at our favorite restaurant, Marina Jacks. I gave her a red rose (her favorite) and I got down on one knee and asked her if "She would do me the great honor of becoming Mrs. Kyle Harper?". I told her how much I loved her and how I wanted to grow old with her and what she meant to me. She cried at first and didn't say anything, but then she hugged me and said Yes after I gave her the ring.

Her Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlissaMay943 (no vids yet, but slideshows coming soon!)
Here Blog. All about British Comedies: http://alissa-may.blogspot.com/ (it's new so there isn't much yet, but there will be!)

Engagement Ring:
Image Alissa took a picture of it and then of course put it back on.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Re: Awesome News!!!!!

Postby fish » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 am

Great news Kyle. I wish you all the best. *:)* *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 am

Congratulations Kyle! *:)* *:)* *:)*

Kept that light under a bushel, didn't you? :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:13 am

Kyle, I'm delighted to hear your wonderful news! *:)* I really do wish you both the very best for the future :D
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm

That's nice for you Kyle

Congratulations :)
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:58 am

I added a picture of Alissa, her engagement ring and links to her Youtube account and her blog to my original post.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:59 am

Comes from Yorkshire stock, eh?

Fine choice, Kyle, fine choice. Good genes.

:D 8) :P O-)
Ian
Webmaster

Postby PackDude » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am

I'm new here, but congrats all the same.

And thanks for the great videos on YouTube.
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Return to Anything else