Great news from Amal

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Great news from Amal

Postby snaps » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Yes but it's SUPPOSED to be cold in Sweden. It's a stereotype and if we didn't have them we'd have to invent them. errr like all Swedish people are sexy but reserved, religious without being sanctimonious, intelligent (i.e. know how to stay out of wars), fuck like rabbits but know how to use birth control, speak better English than the English, have good teeth and hair, spawn well-behaved children, get drunk without getting violent, eat a lot of roughage, are healthy and like fresh air, are good at sports, making films, writing crime fiction, are very family-oriented, socially as class-conscious as the British but don't show it directly. Not many negatives really.

Unlike the British who only score 2/22 in being chosen to host the World Cup. :evil: No-one likes the Brits. :cry: At least I can be disloyal and claim to be Canadienne by birth. *:)* :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:51 am

On the plus side, though, at least we're not American. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Yes but what happened to global warming they talked so much about a while ago, was it just a fad? :mrgreen:

The rest are some huge stereotypes, were have you heard all this? :shock:

Swedes are generally not very religious, unless they're members of one of the "free churches" like the Salvation Army or Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. But these are not normal people and are not that many in number :lol:

Sweden managed to stay outside of the two world wars of the 1900s, but in previous centuries took part in many wars and was actually one of the major powers in Europe. In the post-WW2 decades Sweden participated in countless peace-keeping operations under United Nations command, and later under Nato command

Sweden also has and has had for a long time one of the world's top defense industries, ever heard of a company called Bofors?

Swedes are also violent when drunk, and the drinking culture seems to be a bit like the one you have in the U.K , i.e binge drinking. The police in Sweden always has lots of work to sort out troubles and fights during the big "drinking holidays" like mid-summers eve

Remember in FÅ there was also a lot of drinking among the young kids, typical Sweden :roll:

There are a lot of divorces in Sweden and many children live with only one parent, not very family-oriented I'd say :?

Sweden is definitely not the idyllic place you seem to think :T
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote: The rest are some huge stereotypes, were have you heard all this? :shock: Sweden is definitely not the idyllic place you seem to think :T

Like I say those are just stereotypes, like I'm sure other people have about the British, except that those are mostly true. And no I don't wear socks in bed, (it gets in the way of toe-sucking :oops: ) I'd like to visit Sweden but I don't think I'd want to live there, too bloody cold :shock: and DARK :evil:

I'd like to live in Portugal. :Y It's like Britain about half a century ago, and the Portuguese people are nice. Conservative but tolerant, and always friendly without over-doing it. The men are OK and don't have the ''machismo'' arrogance of other parts of southern Europe. It’s a matriarchal society. Women rule.They don't go in for emotional drama. Catholic yes, but pragmatic. And it has a superb climate. Warm and mild without being too hot. The food isn't that exciting (like Britain) but there's always loads of it. It is a backwater and has missed out on the worst aspects of modern Europe. They lack ambition and believe it is a duty to be a good neighbour and help people out.

Lots of coastline (like Britain and Sweden) but where you can spend the whole day without freezing your nips off. :o Good wine, ciggies, and public transport are cheap. Lisbon is the most laidback capital city in Europe. The world's best golf courses, sea-angling, tennis courts, sailing, hiking, and horse-riding. Mmmmm wish I was there now. Riding my horse, plashing through the waves as they break over the sands at dusk. Pull up at an open-air beachside bar for roasted sardines (not those titchy things you get out of cans in the UK) :r , a bit of green salad, fresh bread and olives, a cherry brandy (or maybe two).

I survey the field in the flickering candlelight and laughter. They turn off the pop-Euro pulp on the sound system, and someone has the wisdom to put on some Brazilian voodoo rock. :evil: Redheads here are revered but slightly feared. :twisted: It is the mark of the Devil. Grown men cross their chests with their hands as I smile, beckoning them to their doom.. I spot my mark. The unwary Swedish tourist girl. :)P

I shimmy over to her. Thirty seconds ago she was surrounded by half a dozen guys. Now they clear a space for me out of mordant respect. :Y Her eyes sparkle like a rabbit frozen, caught in the headlights. My hand cups the back of her head and I drain the dregs of my Ginjinha, reach into her lips and spurt the contents into her mouth. :r

She coughs on its bitter-sweet flow but takes it back burning her throat. The cherry red liqueur dribbles from her parted lips down her chin. The guys applaud wildly. *:)* She has been initiated. She grins wildly at her acceptance. :D

I take her by the hand. She slides off the bar stool into my arms. She is a little unsteady on her feet but willing. :wink: She has just survived the most lethally potent liqueur on Earth. I suggest a little walk along the beach so she can get the tang of some fresh salty air. O-)

I cradle her in my arms as she gives herself unto the night. :oops:

Her head is spinning as she breaks away from me pulling off her clothes and running up the shoreline naked, howling at the Moon, splashing the salty water over her, her nipples perking as the cooler water drenches her. :mrgreen:

I catch her again, and lead her back to my horse laughing, her feet tickled by sand, seaweed and shells. :)

We both lean into his chest with our ears and hear the huge cavern of his heart pumping out the sheer joy of being alive and free. :)

The fading silver moonlight casts shadows along our bodies as if we were one.

I bring her up astride of my horse, legs akimbo, while I gently tease the reins from behind. As we trot along the shoreline, leather upon naked skin, hair and hide, intertwined. :)P

Our bodies generate friction and heat, as the earliest shafts of golden morning sunlight break through the cloud cover and purple shadows dance over her voluptuous body :shock: .

Soon we will be home and crash out on feathered pillows and eiderdowns as we meld together in sheer bliss. *:)*

Before we hit the sack, I hang out a sign out on the outside of my door “DO NOT DISTURB” :twisted:

Yup. I wish I was in Sweden! :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:09 am

I thknk snaps has given way too much thought to this Swedish fantasy. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:49 am

snaps wrote:...Yup. I wish I was in Sweden! :lol:

I'm sure I had this same dream last night. :shock: :lol:

Or perhaps mine was about a line-up of nuns. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Well, I like Sweden even if it's cold and dark, I don't need sunshine and warm weather all year round :wink:

I just wanted to point out that of course there are social problems and less flattering stuff here as well

So Snaps you spend your holidays in Portugal, or do you have some other connection to that country? I think you've mentioned Portugal before here on the board
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Well, I like Sweden even if it's cold and dark, I don't need sunshine and warm weather all year round :wink:

I just wanted to point out that of course there are social problems and less flattering stuff here as well

So Snaps you spend your holidays in Portugal, or do you have some other connection to that country? I think you've mentioned Portugal before here on the board

I'm sure I would love Sweden, but I don't know that Sweden would love me. :( In Portugal I can get away with anything, because they are superstitious but polite, and assume that anyone with red hair must be mad anyway.

I have family connections to Portugal. The deal is: if I misbehave or cause a scandal here O-) I get sent there ''on business'' till the heat dies down. I'm working on being so bad :evil: I get sent into permanent exile in Portugal! Yay! *:)* unless I'm too bad and get transported to Australia like a crim :shock: :cry: :T

I used to like Italy but they've sort of replaced fascism with fashion. A great civilisation reduced to ephemeral concerns with ''how you look'' rather than ''who you are''. France is getting less and less laidback and psycho. Everything is too much about money. Spain is schizoid, nice but it all depends who you hang out with. There are 1000 different ''Spains'' . Portugal is lovely, although the Algarve is pretty much a German colony these days. If you are not money-obssessed and enjoy to the max those things that come free like sunshine, smiles, sea, sky, and that other ''s'' word :oops: oh yeh I remembered .. sand ..... *:|* plus all the basics are inexpensive. I like the ''unspoken'' code of conduct which means that a Portuguese guy must treat you like a sister, unless you have both verbally agreed to relax the rules. It saves a lot of misunderstanding and heartache between people, and makes all concerned feel less insecure and supportive of each other.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am

Excuse me Snaps, but you sound like a spoilt kid :lol: :wink:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 am

snaps wrote:I used to like Italy but they've sort of replaced fascism with fashion. A great civilisation reduced to ephemeral concerns with ''how you look'' rather than ''who you are''.

I mostly agree, except for the fact about great civilization. That was in 16th or 17th century. We lost the lead long ago, after the disgraceful :D discovery of America (by an italian explorer, none the less...)
Still, not all italians are concerned only with looks.

I personally would prefer living and working in UK, or Germany, or somewhere a bit less messy and criminal than here. But I can tolerate Sweden climate only in summer :?
bruno
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:56 am

In the meantime almost the entire population of Åmål have decided to spend winter in Portugal. *:)*
The lone remaining inhabitant is just staying to turn on the lights each night. :(
He was last heard to mutter something about "Those bastards and their webcam." :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 am

It;s a worthy cause, to keep us sad b******s entertained. :shock: :P :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Can someone (looks hard at fishy :evil: ) do a screen cap of the webcam as its St Lucia night and they should have the twinkly lights up around the riverbank. *:)* I can't even get AmCam to load *:|* so their server must be inundated with viewers (all six of them :roll: ).
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 am

snaps wrote:Can someone (looks hard at fishy :evil: ) do a screen cap of the webcam as its St Lucia night and they should have the twinkly lights up around the riverbank. *:)* ...

Your commands are there to be obeyed, oh exhaulted one. :P

I think they must have taken all the St Lucia lights down already. I mean it is after 8 pm and all. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 am

A reminder of warmer days.

Ian, trying to decide whether to ride on one of the salmon or just pee in the pool. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything else