family countries

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

family countries

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:20 pm

What are your family country backgrounds? Do you have family from other countries? Were you or anyone else born outside of the country you live in?

My Dad was British/Moldovan. Dad's Mum, his Grandmother and great grandmother and so on where/are Moldovan, many of his/our relatives were/are from Moldova. His father's side was British and born/raised/lived in England, somewhere near London. My dad was born in London, but he and my grandparents and his sisters moved to Minnesota when my dad was 20 (where and when he met my Mamma). Eventually they moved to Florida on their own. My Grandparents moved back to London and his sisters live in Australia now.

My Mamma was born in Stockholm and was raised there until she was 20 and then she moved to the US. Her Pappa's side of the family were Swedish and German

Just my Mum and I currently live in America.

Do you have all that? lol.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Re: family countries

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 pm

__
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 pm

I'd like to visit all of my families countries one day. I have visited Sweden many times before.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Sweden sounds like a good one for a honeymoon! :wink: Hope your spouse to be doesn't mind being dragged round the sights of Amal and Trollhattan! :)

I prefer not to dwell too much on the gene pool I crawled out of. Canadian, English, French, Portuguese, Dutch to name but a few plus my Stepmonster is from the Planet Zob but she doesn't count :evil: I'd just like to know which genetic throwback was responsible for my hair :oops: Apparently you can tell (as they do with ancient skeletons here) if your middle toe is longer than the rest (like mine) then you have some ancient Roman ancestry. I blame the gingerliness gene on some blond overpaid oversexed overhere Viking having a legover after drinking too much mead. :twisted:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:11 am

Born and raised in Yorkshire, England, before coming to aussieland at 16. Some Welsh and Irish a way back, but yeah, basically just... British.

:wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:34 am

-----
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:38 am

snaps wrote:Sweden sounds like a good one for a honeymoon! :wink: Hope your spouse to be doesn't mind being dragged round the sights of Amal and Trollhattan! :)

Oh, she's a huge fan of Show Me Love. Actually, we're going to England, near London and in London.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 am

I was born in Adelaide, Australia and it's always been home for me.
My mother was born in Manchester, England and emigrated with her family when she was a kid. Her ancestors were all English back to the neolithic as far as we know. (I think Time Team are doing a dig.)
My father was born in Adelaide. His ancestors emigrated from somewhere in Germany around 1850.

Moa was born here. She doesn't like to talk about her parents since they disappeared while special guests at "The Great Millennium Barbeque" on New Year's Eve 1999.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Anything else