There's not a topic about Tillsammans comments ??

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

There's not a topic about Tillsammans comments ??

Postby bruno » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 pm

This is quite strange! Or maybe the topic is there and I didn't find it. Anyway...

I watched it today, and found it quite enjoyable. Obviously Moodysson puts the commune experience in a good light (better than deserved IMHO) but he doesn't hide contradictions and faults, hypocrisy and all. Rather heavy in gratuitous nudity, or at least it seemed gratuitous to me :oops:

Some uplifting moments, Fucking Åmal style.
bruno
Gold Member

Re: There's not a topic about Tillsammans comments ??

Postby snaps » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm

bruno wrote: Rather heavy in gratuitous nudity, or at least it seemed gratuitous to me :oops:

Was it? :? It's been a long-time since I watched it. Must dig it out again. All in all quite a good humored romp of a film I thought. I watched ''Edukators'' last night which was quite a depressing reflection back from the present to the Tillsammans time period.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 pm

As for gratuitous nudity...
In the first minutes we have a woman having her period and standing (in the midst of a commune debate) with her furry patch in everyone' sight because it has to "catch some air" for hygienic or medical reasons, so when a guy protests he can't quite connect having that in front of his eyes, and she denies the vision having any relevant effect, he says "so it would be the same if I'd do the same?" and this said, he peels off his jeans and stands in the middle on the room with all of his jewelry in full view. In the meantime, a family with two children comes in... for a very unusual welcome.

Seems a bit of... ehm... overstatement to me. And this is not the only scene.

This said, what film is this "Edukators" and how it's related to Tillsammans or the political/historical period?
bruno
Gold Member

Postby bruno » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm

bruno wrote:As for gratuitous nudity...
In the first minutes ..............

Some of my fellow countrymen put this scene in youtube (and youtube didn't delete it!) so here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRe6YHDE ... re=related
bruno
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:19 am

It's just a statement, about the emergent cultural mores of the time. No right or wrong about it, it's just a humorous depiction of issues that were addressed then in the lives of people imagining themselves to be revolutionary, but coping with actual situations they maybe found uncomfortable. The link to ''Edukators'' modern German production is that the young people who appear to be rebels without a specific cause, through chance become inextricably involved with a middle-aged bourgouis. Without wishing to add any spoilers, it emerges that contrary to his current lifestyle he was once a student revolutionary. The unresolved past frictions of the wealthy man and the rootless and aimless young radicals and their self-doubts, take centre-stage in the unfolding drama. Will he renege? will they recant? It isn't as dull as it sounds, and ends in some very sharp twists and turns.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 am

snaps wrote:It's just a statement, about the emergent cultural mores of the time.....

@ snaps: where can I buy it (but with english subtitles at least??)

@ everyone else: what is your opinion about Tillsammans?
bruno
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:15 am

Maybe I'll enjoy it more next time I watch it, but I must confess to finding the "adults" a bit stupid and annoying.
I thought the "kids" were the much more grown up and their characters a lot more sympathetic.
I found myself yelling at them to just "run away".

But then I've been wr*ng about everything in life so far.
So what the hell would I know. :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 am

fish wrote:Maybe I'll enjoy it more next time I watch it, but I must confess to finding the "adults" a bit stupid and annoying.
I thought the "kids" were the much more grown up and their characters a lot more sympathetic.
I found myself yelling at them to just "run away".

:

That was my reaction to In Bed With Santa. :wink:

Haven't seen it, I'm afraid, bruno. Just doesn't really sound like my cup of tea somehow.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby bruno » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Ian wrote: Just doesn't really sound like my cup of tea somehow.

Ahhh... Nobody likes nudity and communists any more

:wink:
bruno
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:23 pm

On behalf of all the other nudist communists I feel really sad about that. :(

:P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I do the second bit 8) not so sure about the first bit *:)*

''Edukators'' err German film, its in Blockbuster now, not expensive compared to most ''World'' cinema, maybe expect to pay 4 to 8 Euros?
snaps
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 am

snaps wrote:''Edukators'' err German film, its in Blockbuster now, not expensive compared to most ''World'' cinema, maybe expect to pay 4 to 8 Euros?

I discoverd it in Play.com store... but also (cough!) on emule
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm

I think its moodysson's overall best film as a whole. The Kids were great as were the adults, all flawed but loveable. Its probably not as cool or have the touching love story as Fucking amal but i think the Film has the best screenplay and bigger heart. I love the soundtrack of 70's Swedish prog rock, the next door neighbour lid reltionship with the main kid was touching, As was the Little brother rebelling agaisn't his life. The father, an alcholic and wife beater is shown as a good man who really loves his family who we really at the end want him to get back with his wife after learning from his mistakes. The ending is so more Joyful for me then fucking amal.

I think Fucking Amal and Tillsammans are Moodyssons greatest work.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby bruno » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:I think Fucking Amal and Tillsammans are Moodyssons greatest work.

I break my eternal silence to agree
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

bruno wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:I think Fucking Amal and Tillsammans are Moodyssons greatest work.

I break my eternal silence to agree

Thanks for breaking that silence Bruno :)

I just prefer him when he has a bit of a brighter side to his films and that his characters have a ending we all want them to have.I admire Lilya 4ever and his other work but his never topped his first two films for me, everything thats great about Moodysson is in Fucking amal and Together. I have a film club in my college in which i screen two films a week in a double feature and i screened Fucking Amal and Together, after the screening a fellow student said to me after seen both films they "just make you want to enjoy life for all its faults" which really fits those films. If Moodysson never makes another film like those two he be still one of my favs just for these two films.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Next

Return to General