Kyss mig - With Every Heartbeat

Moderator: Ian

Kyss mig - With Every Heartbeat

Postby triddy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Dear friends of showmelove.org :W

I apologize for being an incredibly bad member of this forum. I hardly ever log in here anymore. Believe me, Fucking Åmål still has an extremely special place in my heart, but truth is that my crazy infatuation with it is not what it was. I see it as a part of me, and it has helped me so much, but nowadays I rather see it as a treasured memory than as my burning present.

Anyway, to my point and the reason I'm back here: I'm dissapointed with you guys! Why? Because a few weeks ago a new film premiered in Sweden! And it's not just any film: it's the first film since FÅ that deals with the subject of girls falling in love. Because of that, everyone here in Sweden is comparing it to FÅ (even though, to be honest the films have pretty little in common).

I'm really surprised I couldn't find any matchings when I searched the forum for your opinoins about the film. Where HAVE you been :D

Anyway. The film is called Kyss mig. It means "Kiss Me" in Swedish, but the international version will apparently be named after - wait for it - a Robyn song played at the end! Isn't it awesome!

Here goes:

The film is about Mia, who is about to marry her fiance Tim. She arrives at her father Lasse's birthday party (he is in turn about to marry a new woman, Elisabeth). On the party she meets Frida, Elisabeth's daughter, and all of a sudden the whole situation is turned up-side-down. Mia and Frida fall crazily in love, and it's all bound to break more than one heart.

Check out the trailer and don't tell me you don't get absolutely STOKED about seeing this movie! *:)*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0up-CNCHg

I saw it yesterday, and I have a lot to say. However, for now I will only say this: It might sound like an old story that's been done before (the whole "straight-woman-falls-in-love-with-another-woman-and-needs-to-question-her-sexuality-and-as-a-matter-of-fact-her-whole-life" thing). What is so fantastic about it is rather the way it's done: the acting (Liv Mjönes and Ruth Vega Fernandez are amazing in the lead roles. Their chemistry is to die for!) and the camera work (lots of close-ups and stuff, almost Bergman-like, it's an incredibly beautiful film) and just the fact that they've made it so realistic. In that way it's actually really similar to FÅ. You really believe this story, even though it theoretically might feel too good to be true. And let's not forget that both the leading ladys are breathtakingly beautiful O-)

Oh and here's a teaser trailer released earlier this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89C6wLZ ... re=related

Anyway, enough ranting! I've heard that there's apparently been a pretty big interest for the film abroad, so hopefully it will find its way all over the place *:)* Otherwise, it will be released on DVD here in December. Don't you dare miss it! It's a must for anyone with an interest in European films and breathtaking love stories. Because, not unlike another certain film we all love - this is a film about LOVE, not about what gender the lovers are.
triddy
Gold Member

Re: Kyss mig - With Every Heartbeat

Postby fish » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 am

Hi Triddy.
Nice to hear your keyboard again. *:)*

I'm glad Kyss Mig is to be out on DVD in the near future.
After your review it's certainly a film I'll be buying. :D

But just because I'm on the other side of the world doesn't mean I miss things. I posted this in "New Movies You're Looking Forward To" a couple of weeks ago. :P :lol:

fish wrote:Released last Friday in Sweden so it'll probably be ages before the DVD comes out.

http://www.facebook.com/Kyssmig#!/Kyssmig

But it has a lot of potential to join my "must buy" list. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 am

Nothing gets past us, triddy. :D

Well, fish. :P

Obsessions never last as obsessions. Mine tend to just turn into long-term abiding interests once the obsession part is through, though. And you can never have too many of those.

Though obsessions are fun too. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am

I am the same. I also recently held an obsession - on some czech-slovak forum, but I go there just out of habit.... :roll: and now replaced its obsession name Fucking Amal. :D And I belive it will take at least as long as the previous one :wink: *:)*
katka
Crew Member

Postby triddy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Ah well Fish, I'm not surprised you beat me to it:P I guess I should have looked harder before daring to question your quick eyes :lol: You seem to have better knowledge about Swedish films than I do myself!

Yeah, I really advice you all to see this film. Kyss mig is like Fucking Åmål all grown up or something :wink: It didn't do the same thing to me as FÅ did, but then again, no film probably ever will. But it's a beautiful and strong piece of work about making important decisions in life, and it has stuck in my mind more than most films do.

I'm actually glad that my FÅ obsession has worn off - a lot of energy went into it. It's not really a healthy way of living after all :roll:
triddy
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:56 am

triddy wrote:...I should have looked harder before daring to question your quick eyes :lol: ...

No problems my friend. 8)
Actually I'm pleased you said what you did about it because now I'm even more determined to buy the DVD when it's released. :D

triddy wrote:...It's not really a healthy way of living after all :roll:

I don't think it's fair that everyone suddenly thought of Ian when they read this bit? :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 am

I don't know what you mean (whistles innocently). O-)
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 pm

snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:19 am

And about FÅ's effect on her.

Watching it over and over. :roll:

Wherever would she get such an idea? :oops: :oops: :T :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 am

That NEVER happens. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 pm

can you listen soundtrack if someone want. there isn't short versions of songs, but full :wink: . I think that soundtrack is quite good, such a quiet, melancholic. It's nothing extraordinary, the kind of music is also in our country, but some songs reminds me of music from Water lilies.... 8)

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Various-Artists/Kyss-Mig--With-Every-Heartbeat-Original-Soundtrack+
katka
Crew Member

Postby katka » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Ruth Vega Fernandez har spanskt påbrå. Hennes föräldrar var motståndare till Francoregimen i Spanien och flyttade därför till Haga i Göteborg, som på den tiden var ett relativt nerslitet och fattigt område.

– Det var som en bohemisk by. Det var en häftig epok, med Hagahuset och Cue Club och jag sprang på Cinemateket och Hagabion och såg varenda film.

She alludes to the Czech :D :T
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:07 am

I've watched it on YT (but only once, so far :oops: ), so I'm really looking forward to buying the DVD. *:)* *:)*
If only they'd release it soon. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 am

When was this supposed to be out again?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 pm

I don't know, but all informations about it is best watch on official site on facebook. there are often sent the latest information :wink: We must be far enough that ,,kinorip'' ( quality of projection - view and sound are not good ) :roll: even at one point jumps from such a strange green color to nicely yellow (I think the flavor projection) this was on YT and I also have this. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the DVD is not yet but on facebook a lot of people questioned about it.

When some want soundtrack so this already is to buy :wink: even in a few places on the web :) but I was upset because the pages ( on which I gave a link here to listen to the soundtrack ) are changed and get back to them only a 30 second preview. But yesterday I found another site where is not the entire soundtrack with all the music, but only audio recordings in which he participated by Marc Collin, but it is full - full footage to listen But again, there is one obstacle. After listening to some 5x full length songs with it goes back only 30 second preview :twisted: :oops: _O^ Well 8) when will someone have interest...

http://music.napster.com/marc-collin-music/tracks/10461716 - this is playlist by Marc Collin
http://music.napster.com/player/getPlayer.htm - this is music player with selection music of KM OST
katka
Crew Member

Next

Return to Entertainment