Loket & Bingolotto

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Loket & Bingolotto

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Leif "Loket" Olsson was the host for the TV programme Bingolotto that mamma Birgitta was watching. It was a game show where you could win money or things either by participating on TV or sit at home with lottery tickets. It was hugely popular at the time in the late 90s, although Elin thought it was pointless.

It has since continued with other hosts but it's not quite as big anymore as it was 10-15 years ago. A new season is just about to start with this new host, 30 year old singer and model Marie Serneholt.

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Re: Loket & Bingolotto

Postby Dahls » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:18 pm

To be fair, Elin thought watching Bingolotto without a lotto ticket was pointless, not the show itself.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Lukas Moodysson thought it was a pointless show though, and included it in the FÅ script for that reason. :wink:

Bingolotto was something the majority of any population, in Åmål or elsewhere, would follow. People with not so deep thinking so to speak.

Btw, weren't Jessica, Marcus and Johan Hult in front of the TV watching Bingolotto in one scene of the film also, they had lottery tickets then.

Elin thought they were nuts and went outside.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:32 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:...Elin thought they were nuts and went outside.

I'm with Elin on that one.
Matter of fact I'd choose standing on the bridge spitting at cars with Elin over being with those other three any day of the week. :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

Can't argue with that!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Dahls » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:06 pm

It's all about priorities and the company you choose.
I would too, of course, choose to watch paint dry (or any other random boring activity) with Elin, over bingolotto with Markus and the rest. :wink:

Nedless to say. :lol:
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby gkmoberg1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:47 pm

fish wrote:
Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Matter of fact I'd choose standing on the bridge spitting at cars with Elin over being with those other three any day of the week. :roll: :lol:

Hmmm, and we were about to go out for a drive in our open air car... Might want to put on the roof after all. :W
gkmoberg1
Faithfull Member

Postby fish » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:57 am

Just be careful if you see a little blonde woman standing on a bridge in front of you. :lol: :lol: _O^
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Eldsjäl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 am

I think I'm obliged to share a personal discovery I made fairly recently. It has been a month now but I still need to get this out of my system...

When Bingolotto appears in FÅ they are in fact using old footage from a real broadcast. This material all originates from a 2½ hour long live broadcast that aired on TV4 Saturday the 14th of March 1998. How do I know this? I was there at the studio and even on camera that day.

My entire family traveled to Gothenburg to appear on set and spin on one of the lottery wheels. You can hear the host Loket say my name. Of course I was still only a child back then.

So I was going through an old recording of this entire broadcast because I wanted to capture the parts where my family shows up and have it stored digitally on my computer. That stuff appears in the first half so I soon enough got what I wanted and was about to stop right in the middle of the recording and call it a day, but for some reason I continued watching even if it felt pointless.

When I then saw the later half of the tape I was literally shocked. I recognized all the bits I've previously been so used to seeing in FÅ! The feeling was indescribable because this all of a sudden meant that I have a personal tie to the film (albeit very indirect).

I made this very quick comparison video as a sort of proof: http://dai.ly/x6ho7u9
(Note that I only compare the closest scene, so you'll have to take my word for it when I tell you that all occurrences of Bingolotto in FÅ uses the same exact broadcast.)

You can't make this up! I never would've dared thinking that it would be true. No one in my family knew about this. The idea that these things could've coincided with each other has been tantalizing before but I mean, that game show aired almost every weekend. What would be the odds? And to think I would find this only weeks after joining this forum!

Fate I tell you! ;-)
Whatever. We'll go there and burn the house down. Come on. Please...
Eldsjäl
Gold Member

Postby fish » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:05 am

Eldsjäl wrote:Fate I tell you! ;-)

You almost made it into the film by the sound of it.
Could have changed the whole course of history.

I love it when things like this are discovered, all this time later. *:)*

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am

That is fricking awesome. :D *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Eldsjäl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm

fish wrote:You almost made it into the film by the sound of it.
Could have changed the whole course of history.

Should Leszczylowski have settled with other parts of the footage then yes. I also would've known about it much earlier of course. Would that perhaps have affected my preconception of FÅ for the better or worse even... Scary thoughts. ;-)

We also could have won a lot of money that day - which we didn't. :-)
Whatever. We'll go there and burn the house down. Come on. Please...
Eldsjäl
Gold Member

Postby fish » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:15 am

Eldsjäl wrote:...We also could have won a lot of money that day - which we didn't. :-)

That really makes it hurt. :cry: :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)