Uh, Kristen Stewart

Discuss anything on your mind, with focus on films and music though.

Moderator: Ian

Uh, Kristen Stewart

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Hanging around the L-Chat looking for news on Adele Haenel [for some strange reason there's no Acquart fan-thread there :? ] I noticed that there were 1300+ pages! on Kristen Stewart. [This AFTER a whole previous thread was deleted, presumably on orders from Summit, the Twiglet production company...] I mean they're as crazy about her as teenage girls, maybe more so.

Now I admit I was prejudiced against the kid...I was a LTROI fan from early on, and Twiglet stole a lot of its thunder, plus the relentless PR was pretty nauseating...but I ended up watching a fair few interviews with her, and then the Floria Sigismondi-directed movie The Runaways; and while I still don't want to watch Twiglet and probably never will, I have to admit it - I like her. Might even take a chance on the On The Road film.

She's not by any means the flake my [PR-based] prejudice had dismissed her as; she's smart, funny, doing her best to be real in an utterly unreal situation, and is obviously shy, but also brave, engaging and very pretty. She's twenty-three, and has done THIRTY movies since the age of nine.

I think the clinchers were when she told Letterman she had "authority issues", and another interviewer "I don't watch TV". Go girl. :Y

Won't be posting [m]any pics, though. Too many of those already.
Last edited by DMt. on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Re: Uh, Kristen Stewart

Postby Dahls » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Never seen her in anything, must admit I've been simply indifferent towards the gal.
Maybe I should try watching one of her films, must be a reason for all the hype.
Don't know where to start though, won't be Twilight that's for sure. :|
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:06 am

The Runaways was good - Joan Jett's band, remember?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 am

Can't say I'm a fan.

I'll stick with Emma. :oops: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Nemo_Me » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 am

I'm not really a fan of hers. Don't really get why people spend time hating her. She was rather decent in Speak though.
Meaning of Nemo. Nemo is a latin word and means nobody. And therefor I will be Nemo forevermore.
I'm an angel, angel of the universe, who doesn't belong.
I keep on hearing tunes, yet no one has turned on the radio.
Nemo_Me
Faithfull Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

I was kind of dismissive, not exactly hating but not liking her either; but I think it was because she was the public face of Twilight, I mean Twiglet, the manipulativeness and relentless PR of which did get pretty annoying. I bet she's glad to be out of it now, however useful it was, because I get the impression it [Summit] was a highly controlling production company...

Maybe she doesn't have the natural depth and expressiveness of an Acquart, but she's not as wooden/one-trick etc as the haters make out, either.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 am

DMt. wrote:... she was the public face of Twiglet...

I didn't watch it to any great extent but it appeared to be another case of hype over substance to me.
Perhaps that's why I don't have that high a view of Kristen's talent.

Though I am prepared to forgive if I find her in some quality production. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 am

I didn't see anything of Twiglet [besides the Bad Lip Reading spoof linked below]; the PR campaign told me much more than I ever wanted to know about it. The vast majority of KS' work would appear to be indies, in fact, but some weird force of Destiny seems to have decided she was going to be the poster girl for post-pubescent angst and become a multimillionaire....anyway, I want to see On The Road now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxSk0wZxss
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am

Might be best to stick with the "Bad Lipreading" vids. 8)

"that's so loserly" :shock: :lol:

Maybe I should check out her career a little more.
When I get the time. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:04 pm

KS never actually said, much less wrote:"Dude, you slapped a fi-i-i-ish. You punched it, why would you hit it?"
Last edited by DMt. on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Last night I watched a promo Q&A with KS, Robert Pattinson and Stephanie Meyer [who wrote all that neurotic Twiglet crap, and is evidently pret-ty damn pleased with herself :r :r :r ] - and I was seized by an overwhelming hatred for Meyer; her whole demeanour, appearance, voice, everything.

It was actually quite scary. :shock: :evil:

On a happier note;

DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:22 pm

More Bad Lip Reading of Twiglet...they should've got these people to do the movie scripts;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYC-waukYWo&feature=c4-overview&list=UU67f2Qf7FYhtoUIF4Sf29cA
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:35 am

Great giff. :lol:

And the clip should have made it onto the real show too. _O^
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 am

http://vimeo.com/19489855

Welcome to the Rileys - an indie that KS made with James Gandolfini and Melissa Leo in 2010.

I gather she did the whole method thing for it, learned to poledance, ate junk food, grunged out generally, which must have been a pleasant change from doing Twiglet.

Disclaimer; My PC won't even play it, so I haven't been able to check it out for you - could be really good, could have major turkey quotient.

*Well, I say an indie - it 'only' had a budget of $10 million.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 am

DMt. wrote:...it 'only' had a budget of $10 million.

Hardly worth getting out of bed in the morning for a mere 10 mil. :roll: :lol:

With my 'puter problems atm I'm taking forever to download this too.
I'll have to get back to you on the "good v turkey" quotient. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Next

Return to Anything else