Postby fish » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 am

Nice page, lovely clip.

She really is an exquisite young lady. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: Adèle Haenel

Postby Dahls » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 pm

I was very surprised to randomly notice that Les Combattants, Adèle's latest film, is currently playing at out theaters.
It premiered last friday, I have no idea for how long.

I think I might have time for a cinema visit this weekend, it looks like a nice film, and got decent reviews. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_wDGwQ9ho
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:40 am

Enjoy, Dahls! She is even more beautiful in movies than in stills, too...the camera loves her.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 am

DMt. wrote:...the camera loves her.

Beautiful Adèle.
But why is she putting me into the blender? :shock: :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:36 am

That's what they all say, luv.

(runs)

:shock: :mrgreen: :evil:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:03 am

Nothing like a bit of blended mackerel brain to make a girl super hard... :?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:54 pm

Might be the worst home remedy I've heard, but okay... :roll: :-P
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Found this in Filmmagasinet, one of those free magazines you pick up at the cinema.
A nice sort of "shooting stars portrait".
And a lovely pic. :)

It goes like this:
French Adèle Haenel is a name to take notice. Watch De Kjempende (Les Combattants) which is coming to the theater this autumn.

Haenel made a name for herself in her native country so far with french speaking films, tv-films and short films.
She started her carriere as an actress at the age of 13 in 2002 with the main part in the film The Devils. The film was highly praised and won awards at international film festivals in Chicago, Marrakech and New York.
5 years later, in 2007, without any further experiences to speak of, Adele landed the part in Celine Sciamma's debut film Vannliljer (Naissance des pieuvres).
The film was nominated for 2 awards in Cannes, and marked the beginning of Sciammas outstanding carriere as a director. She has later impressed with films as Tomboy, and is currently out with Girlhood.

In february Adèle won a Cèsar award for her supporting role in Suzanne. She chose to come out of the closet in her thank you speach, and admitted her love for Celine Sciamma, whom she met on the set of Vannliljer ( NtP).

The 25year old is now in theaters with Thomas Cailley's debut film De Kjempende (Les Combattants).
Here she plays the rough Madeleine, a pragmatic character who with skepticism involves herself with the more sensitive Arnaud.
The film won 4 awards at Cannes earlier this year, the FIPRESCI award among others.

Adèle has stated in a interview that she only used a month of hard training to get fit for the role of Madeleine, since she already is very active in various physical activities.

De kjempende is out in norwegian cinemas on september 26, and you can read Filmmagasinets enthusiastic review further back in this magazine.

Besides the aforementioned titles, Adèle Haenel has been in films like Bertrand Bonello's House of Tolerance, and got awarded a Shooting Star award at the Berlinale for her efforts in 2012.

The future looks bright for the young and promising french girl, whom at the moment is in filming in Spiritismes with stars as Charlotte Rampling, Geraldine Chaplin, Udo Kier and Mathieu Amalric.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:05 am

Great article Dahls.
Nice find.

Certainly paints a bright future for Adèle. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:04 am

Interesting. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:12 pm

The gel done good... :Y ^O^
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 pm

The gel? :?
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:37 am

It's how they pronounce 'girl' in some parts of London.

Or should I say, on some TV shows about some parts of London. :oops:
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Ah, of course.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Is anyone still following her career? I kind of do, but haven't heard anything since last year.

So now I've done a quick search, and there is at least two movies to come:

Les ogres, directed by Léa Fehner, set for a release in 2015. Apparently it depicts a few days in the life of a traveling theatre crew.

The forbidden room (or Spiritismes, or Seances), by Evan Johnson and Guy Maddin, without a release date, but with an intriguing synopsis, which seems to differ from source to source.
IMDb: A never-before-seen woodsman mysteriously appears aboard a submarine that's been trapped deep under water for months with an unstable cargo. As the terrified crew make their way through the corridors of the doomed vessel, they find themselves on a voyage into the origins of their darkest fears. (sounds good)
Allocine (I translate): Guy Maddin has gone in the search of 31 lost movies, of their characters and stories, imagined by Hitchcock, Lubitsch, Ozu, Stroheim and by other great masters. The actors became literally posessed by the souls of these works during a shooting where each day began with a real séance of spiritism invoking the spirits of these movies. (WTF :T )
Allocine bis (http://www.allocine.fr/article/ficheart ... 39999.html): Afghanistan 2014. As the retreat of troops approach, the captain Antarès Bonassieu and his regiment are affected to a control and surveillance mission in a reclused valley of Wakhan, near the Pakistan border. But a September's night the soldiers begin to disappear mysteriously in the valley. It says that Haenel plays a mute cripple. (WTF :T )

In fact, judging from the users' review on IMDb it seems to be an anthology movie, albeit a very strange ("artsy shmartsy" :lol: ) one. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3066630/reviews?ref_=tt_urv)

By the way, I loved les Combattants! It was very refreshing. One of the rare times I went to the theater.
Owen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment