As the crab. Walking back...

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

As the crab. Walking back...

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am

I don't understand about cine.
But I will see that the best film of Lucas have been Fucking Amal, then Toghetter and then Lylja4ever. Mamut have been horrible.
(For me too)

The big filmmakers, every film is better than before.

This is not for lucas.

It seems as if he had many big ideas and was burning ideas spending to every film.

Now, he don't have any idea: Mamouth
Santi
Crew Member

Re: As the crab. Walking back...

Postby fish » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:32 am

I must be the only person who thought Mammoth was an excellent film. :oops:

It didn't provide any answers but it did set out many of the issues involved in raising children, and the things some people have to do to achieve that end.
There was no start to end storyline, it was just a slice of the lives of those concerned, and it asked difficult questions of the audience.

Very sad and in my opinion a very good film.
Like I said, my opinion only. :oops:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:20 am

I've not seen any of the others. I'm mildly interested in his new one, but the others just never really sounded terribly appealing to me personally.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:18 am

mmmmmmm…

is something that I find curious
Santi
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 am

Ian wrote:I've not seen any of the others. I'm mildly interested in his new one, but the others just never really sounded terribly appealing to me personally.

You should watch his other films Ian you are missing out on one or two classics :)

I love Fucking Amal as it's story struck with me at the right time, it was my favourite of his for a long time but over the years its just slightly moved down the list. But I think Together and We are the Best are every bit as good as it, in the case of Together I think its slightly better movie and story overall although the Characters in Amal are more likeable and understandable. I admire Lilya 4 ever for its subject matter but Christ its a tough viewing and I still think its a tad too preachy for its own good. especially the whole angel thing :roll: . A Hole In My Heart, is a decent film but it's at its best when the characters are having normal conversations. When its trying to shock I find it really boring. Container was a lot of arty tosh and Moodysson trying to act like he's an outsider. Mammoth is a good film fish although it still be in the middle of the pack for me, it's the best film out of his artier dark period although I find it least interesting with Michelle Williams part of the story. We are the Best is his best film in years and years since 2000, its his most joyous and fun ever that's for certain even more so then Amal and Together both had slight dark moments inbetween all the fun.

Lukas is a director at his best doing funny everyday off beat comedy dramas when he goes off and does darker preachy films he suffers. Stick with his First two films, give Lilya 4 Ever a try as its worth a watch and also give Mammoth a try its not bad. Then finish off with his best film In years maybe his best ever in We Are the Best.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby fish » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:36 am

Excellent review of his w*rk there AM, and while there are bound to be personal differences in where on the ranking list a film should be I think everyone will agree that his "lighter" films are his best. 8)
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Ok,
I will see some film of Alexandra.
Do you recomend me one film?

I have visited
http://alexandra-dahlstrom.net
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:10 am

That's the site run by Ashley (amarie).
It's the best Alexandra site you'll find anywhere and there are loads of links to film clips you might like.

Highly recommended. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 am

I would think Froken Sverige (Miss Sweden) is pretty essential, Santi. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:57 am

Thank's Ian.
I'm downloading…

More recommendations?
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 am

I think Astro is pretty good, especially the images of a beautiful Rio de Janeiro.

It's here on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/79447354
This is mainly in English with little bits of Portuguese, which have English subs.

You should join Vimeo if you haven't already discovered it.
It has a lot more quality stuff than Youtube.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 am

Yes I quite enjoyed Astro too. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 pm

downloading…
thanks
Santi
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm

fish wrote:Excellent review of his w*rk there AM, and while there are bound to be personal differences in where on the ranking list a film should be I think everyone will agree that his "lighter" films are his best. 8)

Thank you Fish, I know a few would rate Lilya 4 ever far higher then I do (many consider it his best) but I think it has massive problems but its a very good film on a tough and harrowing subject.
I won't join the dark side of Moodysson, I'm the light side of Moodysson kinda of guy :D. I just think he's a far better director and writer when he deals with a lighter side and less preachy vibe to him. Here's hoping he sticks to it, I don't think he will but here's hoping anyway.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Ian wrote:I would think Froken Sverige (Miss Sweden) is pretty essential, Santi. :D

It's her best performance to date (I know a few brave souls like me rate it better then her performance in Amal which was excellent) . Amal is her best film but Sverige is her best performance (Sverige is nowhere near the film that Amal is, lacks the strong story and heart of Moodysson). Avoid Blondie (in my opinion, a few might disagree with me) I found it pretty boring, probably her worst film to date. She also has the least interesting role in the film too which is a shame.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Next

Return to General