Bitch Hug "Bitchkram"

Moderator: Ian

Bitch Hug "Bitchkram"

Postby M83 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KrL0jp_UMH

A Teen Swedish film released in 2012 and went largely unnoticed even in Sweden , that I thought I start a thread on so a few of you might actually watch (the Film in nine parts on the link I left above, around an hour and a half). The reason I thought it might interest a few of you as it has a Fucking Amal Vibe to it (Straight off, No lesbian storyline sorry :D, although I thought the film was hinting at it for ages until a character brings it up later in the film saying "I'm no Lesbian" ). Here's a synopsis on the film...

"Kristin counts down the days to her high school graduation, when she'll finally get to leave her small town and her manipulative sister behind, for the New York of her dreams. Everything is perfect, and the local paper has promised to publish Kristin's columns about the city that never sleeps. But Kristin misses her flight and, to escape total humiliation, instead ends up hiding out at the house of the peculiar young girl Andrea, far out on the countryside. In this house of Nowhere, Kristin brings Andrea along to the pulsating heart of New York on a big virtual adventure which she chronicles for everyone at home to follow. But then reality comes knocking"

It's nowhere near as good as Fucking Amal but it felt to me like if you can imagine Elin and Agnes been straight but just ending up as close friends, this what Bitch Hug would be about. Linda Molin (she was in a Lesbian Swedish teen film called She Monkeys, worth checking out) plays Kristin, the Elin type who starts of selfish teenager but who life ends been changed when she meets the outcast Andrea played by Fanny Ketter (who was in the Danish version of The Bridge TV show). It has a hip indie soundtrack, it's actually quite touching and funny and has a bittersweet ending. It does start slowly but it does pick up once the girls meet. It's well worth a hour and a half of you're life.
M83
Gold Member

Re: Bitch Hug "Bitchkram"

Postby DMt. » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:27 am

OK M83, I'll check it out. Thanks for that.

And welcome! 8)
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Re: Bitch Hug "Bitchkram"

Postby M83 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:45 am

DMt. wrote:OK M83, I'll check it out. Thanks for that.

And welcome! 8)

No problem DMt :) . It's worth a watch, nothing mind blowing. I doubt you be doing a thread on any of the stars :D . But it just reminded me of the two films that get a lot of love on here, Water Lilies and Fucking Amal. Hope you enjoy it.
M83
Gold Member

Return to Entertainment