New Movies You're Looking Forward To

Moderator: Ian

Re: New Movies You're Looking Forward To

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 am

"Right wing" and "narrow minded" are pretty much one and the same, really, aren't they? :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby sydney » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 am

fish wrote:Absolutely 100% in agreement. *:)* *:)*

Like! *:)*

Ian wrote:"Right wing" and "narrow minded" are pretty much one and the same, really, aren't they? :wink:

Yes they are! Of course I didn't have to emphasize this on this left wing open minded forum :mrgreen:
sydney

Postby sydney » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 am

I was in Berlin last weekend, so I didn't have the opportunity to go to the new Linklater "Before Midnight". "Before sunrise" is in my top 3 of all time movies. So this week it's in my agenda. :)P

sydney

Postby fish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 am

sydney wrote:I was in Berlin last weekend...

Show off. :P

I liked Hawke in "Snow Falling On Cedars" so I'd watch this without hesitation, but there seems to be a lot of other reasons to like it too.
Sounds very much like a must see. :Y
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 am

I've no doubt I'm on some kind of list of subversives because of this place, syd. :P :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:46 am

Looking forward to Karen Gillan's new horror flick Oculus. Wanted to see it anyway because of Karen :D but it's actually getting some very good reviews, which is pretty cool. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:31 am

Well some of the films about to be released in the next few weeks in Ireland, i'm definitely going to see.

Boxtrolls
A Most Wanted Man
Magic in the Moonlight
the riot club
A walk among the tombstones
the Equalizer
Get on up
Maps to The Stars
Gone Girl
All is by my Side
the Maze runner
Kingsman secret service
fury
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 am

I can think of three for next year - Maggie and T5 (Arnie) and Regression (for Emma).

:mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 pm

'CIRKELN’

As a youth film is almost the strongest I've seen since Lukas Moodysson burned with " Fucking Åmål / (Show Me Love)". I not only expect, I demand a sequel." Cirkeln gets four stars off Expressen’s Mary Brander.

Published February 17, 2015 07:35 (English translation). Fantasy Drama. Sweden. By: Levan Akin. Length: 2:24. From 11 years.

With Hanna Asp, Leona Axelsen, Josefin Asplund, Helena Engstrom, Miranda Frydman, Irma von Platen, Ruth Vega Fernandez *:)* , Sverrir Gudnason.

You can see a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lic7iLWwC18

Review

Teenage years tyranny can be combated in so many different ways. One can drink, do drugs, burying themselves in books, dress challengingly, join a subculture or diet to be slim. But many of us are groping for more strange thoughts than that. Hoping for miracles and magic. That one day wake up, discover their strengths and that one is chosen for a purpose higher than biology homework and sexual words scribbled on lockers.

It is no coincidence that at the time wallowing in fantasy, the authors Sara Bergmark Elfgren and Mats Strandberg found a perfect combo when in his bestseller mixed realism with Harry Potter magic.

The six teenage witches in small town Engelfors have been equipped with their own magical power to fight evil, but as much was his type, where everyone should be able to recognize themselves in one. Iceberg, bullying victim, bully, goth-girl, the little slutty one and eating disorders are all excellent role-played and acted mostly with an obvious naturalness. Oddly enough, given that it's about as newly hatched actresses.

The opening scene is masterful

The adult characters end up a little more in the periphery than in the book, and some are not at all, which is understandable for reasons of space. The film is almost too long as it is. But it's the fantasy where really the real challenge lies. To get to the supernatural horror, but it feels like Halloween. It is a difficult balancing act, sometimes sways it, but the opening scene is masterful. A showcase. The gritty school bathroom, the crying, Elias digging among the dangerous sharp shards of glass in the sink, tears, and blood. The camera as compassionate slides away from and out of the glaring images. The music.

An emotional atmosphere

Often it is the one that makes the difference. The soundtrack is a mix of perfect song choice as "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush and original music produced by Benny Andersson. The music builds scenes, joins teens' grief with the supernatural. Creates an emotional atmosphere that magic can grow out of.

As a youth film is almost the strongest I've seen since Lukas Moodysson burned with "Show Me Love". I not only expect, I demand a sequel.
By Maria Brander

Original Source: http://www.expressen.se/noje/recensioner/film/cirkeln/
snaps
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Looks like a very good steer, snaps. Thanks.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:48 am

Sounds promising.
I'll have to do a bit of research I think.

Thanks Snapsie. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 am

Interesting.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Dahls » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Yeah, it looks intense. Must keep an eye out for it, thanks Snaps. :)
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/let-right-one-remake-a-782087

Great news everyone! *:)* Apparently ‘Let The Right One In’ is going to be re-made as … an American movie! *:|*

MM yeh >.< Didn’t they do that before? :?:

'Teen Wolf' duo Jeff Davis and Brandon Boyce will pen the script. Ably assisted by script consultant Rear Commander Wolfchild who says ‘There will be no profanity on my watch.’ :shock:

“A&E landed the story, about a bullied teen boy who befriends a young female vampire — based on the best-selling Swedish book by John Ajvide Lindqvist that was subsequently adapted into the critically acclaimed 2008 movie directed by Tomas Alfredson — following a bidding war with Showtime. The drama follows the boy and female vampire, who lives in secrecy with her mysterious guardian. When a series of strange murders pops up in their small Vermont town, it attracts the attention of a federal marshal with a mysterious past of his own”. :T

Err right then, so the scriptwriters haven’t actually read the book then? :roll: No? But you at least watched the film? Nah! :oops: So you don’t realise that Eli is a castrated boy and mmm that doesn’t actually make him female?
Rear Commander Wolfchild interrupted my train of thought ‘we will not tolerate pinko commie faggot remarks like yours. This a wholesome story about a boy and a GIRL. Period. :(

JAL the author interrupted ‘..err but if I may say, snaps does have a point’ :)

‘STFU! Meatball-eater’ :r countered WC. ‘If it weren’t for patriots like me you would be walking round Stockholm with a Russian submarine poked half-way up your ass.’ :twisted:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 am

It's a series, isn't it? It's already been remade as a film called Let Me In.
I agree it's a stupid idea. I don't see how they can get a series out of it either, given that whoever they get to play Eli they're going to age pretty quickly... :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment