Any Movies/TV you're anticipating in 2016?

Moderator: Ian

Any Movies/TV you're anticipating in 2016?

Postby Ian » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 am

There's not as much as there used to be that floats my boat in terms of film and TV these days, but there's still some stuff I'm anticipating in 2016:

Movies
(some of these may end up being 2017 but I hope not)

The Circle (Tom Hanks, Emma Watson, Karen Gillan)
Colonia aka Colonia Dignidad (Emma ;))
487 (Arnie)
John Wick 2
Regression (Emma ;))

TV
The X Files Season 10 *:)*
The Returned Season 2
The Tunnel: Debris (Season 2)

Shame Twin Peaks got pushed back to 2017 but that's still three more than this year!
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Any Movies/TV you're anticipating in 2016?

Postby Owen » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:26 am

Funny, I just don't seem to expect much this year. There are countless superhero movies that'll look all the same and be bland, and sequels and blockbusters that just don't interest me. From them, I may only be interested by Independence Day 2, and I'll carefully read the reviews first.
The rest:
John Wick 2 (really, it's coming in 2016? Great! *:)* )
Phantasm V Ravager (just get over with it already!)
All of the Acquart stuff: Bande à Juliette, Billionnaire/Los feliz, Jamais contente
X-Files season 10 (but I'm kinda fearing)

Ian, aren't you a fan of HP? What about the spin-off Magical Creatures?
Owen
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:30 am

Not interested. Went right off Rowling after the last few Potters. I think it's fair to say I'm more an Emma fan than a Potter one. :wink:

John Wick 2 is uncertain as yet, as are 487 and The Circle. They could be late 2016 or they could be early 2017. I'm hoping for the former...
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:41 am

Owen wrote:Funny, I just don't seem to expect much this year. There are countless superhero movies that'll look all the same and be bland, and sequels and blockbusters that just don't interest me.

I definitely know the feeling there. *:|* :W
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Owen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:17 am

I noticed that, while I rant about sequels, I'm expecting almost nothing but sequels... :T
Although, the Phantasm saga and X-Files season 10 are justified storywise. And John Wick was fun and refreshing.

Ian wrote:Not interested. Went right off Rowling after the last few Potters.

Okay. Something dissatisfied you with the Potter saga (books or movies)? Or was it a more general fatigue? I was somewhat tired waiting then reading the sixth and the seventh books. Sixth movie was awful. The last two movies I treated like an average blockbuster. Still liked the "camping" part :lol: .

I think it's fair to say I'm more an Emma fan than a Potter one. :wink:

I can understand that :lol: .
Owen
Gold Member

Postby fish » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:15 am

Owen wrote:...John Wick was fun and refreshing...

Apart from the Aquartfest that will be 2016 :roll: there's nothing I'm really looking forward to.....
Oh. "Carol" for sure. "Summer of Sangaile" too, I expect.

"John Wick" was on TV the other night but I didn't watch it.
I guess it'll be on again in a day or two, so I might record it.
It's a good one is it? :?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 am

Proper oldskool action flick, like they used to make in the good ol' days. :D

General fatigue, mixed with a sense of disappointment in characters being wasted, awful "relationships" I didn't care for, and lots of potentially interesting directions just not taken. I found the last few books pretty meh and the last few movies were watchable mainly for the effort made by the cast (esp Emma :D :T :mrgreen: ) and filmmakers than the source material. Aside from my affection for Emma, and the character of Hermione as she played her, I just don't really care anymore. :|
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Owen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:18 am

Ian wrote:Proper oldskool action flick, like they used to make in the good ol' days. :D

And with great humor/irony!

I see. Some of the things you say bothered me too. The last book wasn't very good in my opinion, especially the end battle and ending. It was like if Rowling wanted to be finished with it.
The sixth movie was a disaster of an adaptation. One who didn't read the book isn't likely to understand half of the story. They replaced it with pointless things.
Aside from Watson, whom I like, Radcliff is a good actor overall. I've seen him in A young doctor's notebook, very different from Harry Potter, and pretty convincing.
Owen
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:22 am

Yeah, I don't mind Dan. I don't follow him like I do Emma, though. :P :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:40 pm

Great to see Ulrik Munther getting a Guldbagge nomination for Best Lead Actor for the film 'Efterskalv' in his first ever feature film. *:)* Ulrik is a contemporary of YOHIO and as a musician was a previous winner of 'Junior Melodifestivalen' and a finalist in Melodifestivalen in 2012 and 2013.

Efterskalv' (English title 'The Here After') has received three other Guldbagge nominations for Best film, Best director Magnus von Horn (like Lukas Moodysson his first feature film) :wink: and Best Supporting Actor Mats Blomgren.

The other significant youth nomination is for 'Cirkeln' for Best Smink :D for Jenny Fred
Best Original music Benny Andersson (you may remember him from ABBA!) :T and Best Visual Effects for IXOR.

You can see the official trailer for Efterskelv (with English subtitles) on this link >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFk4Szv2V4

You can read about the other Guldbagge nominations on this link >>>>http://guldbaggen.se/nominerade/
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Nordic Council Film Prize 2016

The 5 nominated candidates for Nordic Council Film Prize 2016 are now announced! Films eligible for the Filmprize 2016 must be Nordic-produced full-length feature film with cinema distribution, and have had its cinema premiere between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2016. The DKK 350,000 prize will be shared equally among the screenwriter, director, and producer, underscoring how film as an art form is brought about by the close collaboration of these three main contributors. The winner will be announced on Tuesday November 1st in DR Concert Hall, Copenhagen.

You can see excerpts for all five nominated finalists (Including 'Efterskelv' featured above) on this link >>>>>>http://www.nordiskfilmogtvfond.com/events/nordic-council-prize/2016
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

Ian wrote:There's not as much as there used to be that floats my boat in terms of film and TV these days, but there's still some stuff I'm anticipating in 2016:

Movies
(some of these may end up being 2017 but I hope not)

The Circle (Tom Hanks, Emma Watson, Karen Gillan)
Colonia aka Colonia Dignidad (Emma ;))
487 (Arnie)
John Wick 2
Regression (Emma ;))

TV
The X Files Season 10 *:)*
The Returned Season 2
The Tunnel: Debris (Season 2)

Shame Twin Peaks got pushed back to 2017 but that's still three more than this year!

Well these predictions turned out to be a bust!

The Circle, John Wick 2 and 487 are all now going to be 2017, and Regression and Colonia were both very disappointing, as indeed were the new X Files, and IMHO, The Returned season 2.

Season 2 of The Tunnel has been great, though, I've nearly finished it. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:19 pm

'Girls Lost' (Pojkarna) Swedish - Release date in UK 4th November 2016.

Three young girls' friendship is tested after they plant a very special flower; the Nectar from the flower changes their lives- and friendship - forever, as they get a taste of what it's like growing up as a boy. It's a story of how we've created gender, and how to know who you are when society is telling you who you should be, but also a story about young love and lust.

Three outcast teenage girls get a new perspective on high-school life when they are mysteriously transformed into boys, in this skillfully crafted tale of sexual confusion with a supernatural twist.

You can see the trailer (with English subtitles) on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaLZGN49TY
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:34 am

snaps wrote:...in this skillfully crafted tale of sexual confusion with a supernatural twist...

Very strange one.
Worth a bit of research though I would think. 8)
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Jour Polaire - Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun is good - a French - Swedish co-produced murder mystery, set in the far north of Sweden. 1st 2 episodes in Australia via SBS On Demand Staring Leila Bekhti

MIDNIGHT SUN Official Trailer - Showing on SBS On Demand from December 1 STUDIOCANAL Australia

A French police officer, Kahina Zadi (Leïla Bekhti), travels to Kiruna, a small mining community in remote northern Sweden, to investigate the brutal murder of a French citizen. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg – the initial murder sets off a string of new killings, and Kahina enlists the help of a Swedish Prosecutor, Anders Harnesk (Gustaf Hammarsten) to solve the crimes.They come to realise that behind the killings is a 10-year-old secret conspiracy involving many of the town’s inhabitants. Kahina finds herself confronting a ruthless serial killer – always one step ahead – a macabre plan, and her own painful past.

Trailer here with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OK6f7xHleY
snaps
Crew Member

Next

Return to Entertainment